OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
A lot of people turn stupid when they win a lot of $! Spend spend and spend it all and all of a sudden, poof it's gone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dear God it's me, Erin

Please let me hit the Powerball tonight so that I can prove to Fierceboard that I wouldn't be one of the people that turn stupid when they win a lot of money.

We had a lengthy discussion at work today about how we'd spend the money if we won and no one said anything about investing it except me. The youngest one in the office. Everyone said they'd buy cars and houses and go on vacations and retire early. I was like "...... y'all are gonna go broke so fast if you take up a lifestyle you can't maintain."

My department at work is in a pool (9 of us) and we've had lengthy discussions about what we would do. We've established a name for an LLC to claim the money, everyone mentioned investing etc. Librarians for the win!

I've had a Pinterest board for like 3 years now of pins of what I would do if I won a lottery jackpot. Even banks where I would divide up my millions. I would wait at least a year before I started any philanthropic efforts other than funding my currently library system and former library systems summer reading program....and a few scholarships at my old high school

I also want to franchise a restaurant. Apparently you can't franchise Cheesecake Factory or Cheddars [emoji19] but I'm thinking a Max and Erma's would work well here

Yes I'm overly invested in thinking about winning the lottery....you're supposed to speak things into existence and ever since I was little I've felt like I'd hit the lottery...eventually. Might not be until I'm like 96 though

My department at work is in a pool (9 of us) and we've had lengthy discussions about what we would do. We've established a name for an LLC to claim the money, everyone mentioned investing etc. Librarians for the win!

I've had a Pinterest board for like 3 years now of pins of what I would do if I won a lottery jackpot. Even banks where I would divide up my millions. I would wait at least a year before I started any philanthropic efforts other than funding my currently library system and former library systems summer reading program....and a few scholarships at my old high school

I also want to franchise a restaurant. Apparently you can't franchise Cheesecake Factory or Cheddars [emoji19] but I'm thinking a Max and Erma's would work well here

Yes I'm overly invested in thinking about winning the lottery....you're supposed to speak things into existence and ever since I was little I've felt like I'd hit the lottery...eventually. Might not be until I'm like 96 though

I have a really elaborate plan in my head for someone who hasn't bought a ticket. It's fun to dream.

And thanks @Cheer Dad - me too! I'm on the search everyday! I won't start panicking until April.

A lot of people turn stupid when they win a lot of $! Spend spend and spend it all and all of a sudden, poof it's gone!

Right? If I were her I'd ditch the boyfriend, pay of my debt and the debts of everyone I know, buy some rental properties and maybe purchase stock in a few businesses, and engage in philanthropic work, including running free wealth-building classes for impoverished people in my area.

I gave in....
I'm buying a powerball ticket on my way to work tonight.
First thing i'd do if I won would be to finish paying off my trip to Europe that i'm taking in May. Then, buy my dad a truck, pay off my moms car, and give them money for a new house/boat and enough money for my dad to retire and live an awesome life.
Maybe i'll also buy a first class ticket for my flight to Europe instead of the standby ticket I plan on getting right now :p

I gave in....
I'm buying a powerball ticket on my way to work tonight.
First thing i'd do if I won would be to finish paying off my trip to Europe that i'm taking in May. Then, buy my dad a truck, pay off my moms car, and give them money for a new house/boat and enough money for my dad to retire and live an awesome life.
Maybe i'll also buy a first class ticket for my flight to Europe instead of the standby ticket I plan on getting right now :p

id finish paying off my student loans, buy my mom a new car, pay off some important bills for my parents and myself and what not. Probably upgrade my wedding, lol. Id probably quit my miserable job, ha. Go travel the world a bit, then invest and save the rest for future retirement, kids, etc.

so i just decided that i am going to win the powerball tonight and bought 20 tickets. i feel sorry for anyone else that bought tickets; they wasted their money.

so i just decided that i am going to win the powerball tonight and bought 20 tickets. i feel sorry for anyone else that bought tickets; they wasted their money.

You sound like me. Since Wednesday i've been non-stop saying I'm gonna win and telling everyone what I'm gonna do with the money. I've actually had a few people tell me to shut up :p

You sound like me. Since Wednesday i've been non-stop saying I'm gonna win and telling everyone what I'm gonna do with the money. I've actually had a few people tell me to shut up :p

And well why not. The reality is that the lottery is in theory the only "competition" where we all stand an equal chance (aside from only having 1 ticket vs 100 factor ), so everyone should have a "why not me" attitude. Claim your victory. Remember my loans I feel you win. I'm excited for whoever wins.

But like if you blew your rent money or something to play then...eh

I bought a couple tickets on a whim this evening and as I was driving to the gas station I was like "if I won, the only thing I could see myself splurging on are tickets to Hamilton." (Hamilton was playing in my car at the time.) As I walked out of the gas station I found a $10 bill on the ground in plain sight. So I feel like I won some money from this, more than most will recieve. Coincidentally Alexander Hamilton is on the 10. I feel this is his way of saying "you're not gonna win but I know you'd spend it wisely and I would know because I was the first Treasury Secretary so heres a little somethin' somethin' just for being you." And so I say thank you Mr. Hamilton.

Part of me also feels like it's some sign from above saying that I'm going to win the Hamilton Lottery so I'm going to save this $10 bill for the next time I go to NYC and hopefully I'll score some $10 tickets. But you're chances of winning the Ham4Ham lotto is probably the same as winning this powerball lotto so I won't get my hopes up.

Last edited:
Back