OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I am worry because I joined a group of 25 colleagues and I gave $5, and when I mentioned to the person collecting the money, are we going to get a copy of the tickets we all purchased? This person laughed and asked me, "Why, you don't trust me"? Well, Nooo! I know money makes people do some strange things, like disappear!

Last edited:
That's especially true if they go back to the online lotto for Ham4Ham and Broadway Direct doesn't do anything on their end to accommodate the extra traffic. (Although if people who lived in or near NYC would only enter, it wouldn't be as bad...)

And for the Hamilton tickets, you'll have much better luck if you can convince another person to go with you. It's next to impossible to purchase a single ticket for that show that doesn't require you to sell some eggs and a kidney to pay for it.

Yeah, I went to the ham lotto in August this past year with my friend after we got out of Matilda and we didn't win. They did Kyle's Ham4Ham that day (RIP :( ) and there were a lot of people there but NOTHING what it is like now from the pictures I've seen. I want to make it a tradition to go to a show each summer with her and so we are in talks of what show to see next and we already made sure we will be swinging by the lotto that day. With my lucky $10 bill ;) I'd even be siked to win the $30 standing tickets and stand for 3ish hours.

KU basketball looks like trash tonight [emoji854] maybe they're still tired from Monday's game but I mean...dang. It has not looked good so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
My department at work is in a pool (9 of us) and we've had lengthy discussions about what we would do. We've established a name for an LLC to claim the money, everyone mentioned investing etc. Librarians for the win!

I've had a Pinterest board for like 3 years now of pins of what I would do if I won a lottery jackpot. Even banks where I would divide up my millions. I would wait at least a year before I started any philanthropic efforts other than funding my currently library system and former library systems summer reading program....and a few scholarships at my old high school

I also want to franchise a restaurant. Apparently you can't franchise Cheesecake Factory or Cheddars [emoji19] but I'm thinking a Max and Erma's would work well here

Yes I'm overly invested in thinking about winning the lottery....you're supposed to speak things into existence and ever since I was little I've felt like I'd hit the lottery...eventually. Might not be until I'm like 96 though

yummmm cheddars

067098cf3eabf1aca6973d3b09b95ce1.jpg

Well I'm not a multi-millionaire but I did win $8 so that's something. Kinda interested to see if it rolls over, however, if it does my girl's are gonna have to give up Slurpies for the next few days! The line to bribe youngest today was way, way, way too freaking long!

We all dodged a bullet really. When you win the lottery, your chances of being a victim of crimes sky rockets. At least we all will sleep soundly knowing that we aren't targets of being kidnapped for ransom money or murdered by jealous family members :)
I always wonder why people go public when they win the lotto? The only people I would tell that I won would me my parents.

I always wonder why people go public when they win the lotto? The only people I would tell that I won would me my parents.

Most of the states make the winners names public when they come forward to claim their prizes so you can't stay anonymous. Some of the suggestions articles had to lottery winners sounded like you were going to live the life of a criminal on the run. But with millions of dollars. It was crazy so I'm a little relieved I didn't win.

There are very few states; 5 maybe 6 total, that allow you to claim your prizes anonymously. In Florida you can't be anonymous, but can set up a trust or LLC to claim the prize. However, states like New Jersey, as an example, say if you don't show in person you don't get the money. I would stay as anonymous as possible and not make any rash decisions (like quitting jobs, school, moving...etc, etc) for quite a few months to allow everything to die down, then quietly do my bidding.

Back