OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I voted for Bernie in the primary. I hate Hillary but I would vote for her in the election if it came down to it. She's condescending in the way she seeks support from minorities and just an "ugh" person in general. I don't believe Bernie would be able to accomplish anything he's promising if elected.

My vote doesn't matter because I'm in SC and we don't swing....we just don't. A Dem will never win S C.

I wish Biden ran but I understand why he didn't

I can almost even wish Bloomberg ran

I feel like both parties had 4-8 years to get and groom an ideal candidate yet here we are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm so excited to actually vote in a swing state this time. My vote might actually count for once.

My dads whole side of the family is supporting trump. It's very interesting to me because they are all immigrants here from Italy. I agree with what people are saying that Trump is appealing to those who aren't educated. It's a scary thought that he could be the leader of our country.

I can see how somehow would be excited for a candidate that is not your typical politician. Someone a little more down to earth & not so scripted. But Trump is scary. I am concerned on what kind of impact he will have on other countries. He is the type of President that could have us all living in bunkers in 4-8 years.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I have never in my life been more thankful for the Canadian Electoral system. Each party holds a Leadership Convention, X number of delegates attend, they decide the party leader.

Come election time, vote for the person who I want to represent my riding, whoever wins the most ridings wins.

I worked at a polling station at the Federal election where Trudeau was elected. My mom, dad and sister aren't happy, but I am. I couldn't cope with anymore Harper. And I don't think we could afford the NDP.

For those of you that say Kasich is a great option, please look at his track record before you make a decision, especially his defunding of Planned Parenthood. Although I don't agree, I'm SHOCKED the republicans can't get it together and get behind him because I think he has a good shot for the party as a whole. It's like they thought Trump hype would die down but it's only getting stronger an scarier and they had no backup plan.

For those of you that say Kasich is a great option, please look at his track record before you make a decision, especially his defunding of Planned Parenthood. Although I don't agree, I'm SHOCKED the republicans can't get it together and get behind him because I think he has a good shot for the party as a whole. It's like they thought Trump hype would die down but it's only getting stronger an scarier and they had no backup plan.

This is absolutely what I feel like happened. It's like their rhetoric from the past eight years built this monster and now it's too big to control.

For those of you that say Kasich is a great option, please look at his track record before you make a decision, especially his defunding of Planned Parenthood. Although I don't agree, I'm SHOCKED the republicans can't get it together and get behind him because I think he has a good shot for the party as a whole. It's like they thought Trump hype would die down but it's only getting stronger an scarier and they had no backup plan .

It's because the Republican Party didn't know their true majority audience.

Unfortunately for them.... Donald knew.....

Cb_UUgaWEAElnEf.jpg

I can see how somehow would be excited for a candidate that is not your typical politician. Someone a little more down to earth & not so scripted. But Trump is scary. I am concerned on what kind of impact he will have on other countries. He is the type of President that could have us all living in bunkers in 4-8 years.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
this is one of my major concerns, he clearly hates anyone who isnt white and middle/upper class american, and he has had no problem coming out and saying he wants to deport muslims. Like im generally surprised ISIS hasnt come out and threatened the guy or our country because of him running yet, like we really dont need to piss off the entire middle east and i feel like trump would do exactly that.

I have never in my life been more thankful for the Canadian Electoral system. Each party holds a Leadership Convention, X number of delegates attend, they decide the party leader.

Come election time, vote for the person who I want to represent my riding, whoever wins the most ridings wins.

I worked at a polling station at the Federal election where Trudeau was elected. My mom, dad and sister aren't happy, but I am. I couldn't cope with anymore Harper. And I don't think we could afford the NDP.

That is kinda what we do in sweden but since we are a monarchy we dont hav a president just a prime minister. we have like 8 big political parties wich choose their leader internaly and you vote for a party and their politics not a person. we do have a party in our version of the congress taht is kin of like trumps politics. they want to restrit immigrant to sweden by like all of them and a lot of the people that vote for them has opinions kinda similar to those of trump voters just not as drastic.

I don't really think he is a great option---but from the Republican side, he not only fits the bill as far as what a nominee should look/sound like, but he may actually make people stop and think about voting for him. At this point is seems like we only have 2 types of voter's...

1. Voting for Trump
2. Voting for whoever the Democrats put up so that Trump can't win

It's because the Republican Party didn't know their true majority audience.

Unfortunately for them.... Donald knew.....

Cb_UUgaWEAElnEf.jpg

It's so sad, but so true. I feel like there are some people who are Republicans and are educated on the issues/have logical stances even if I don't agree with their position or their stance. However, I feel like their base also has this huge population of people who really just don't have a clue and don't realize that the people who are oppressing them, the people who are threatening some of the things they should hold dear, are exactly who they're voting for. It literally makes no sense to me.

this is one of my major concerns, he clearly hates anyone who isnt white and middle/upper class american, and he has had no problem coming out and saying he wants to deport muslims. Like im generally surprised ISIS hasnt come out and threatened the guy or our country because of him running yet, like we really dont need to piss off the entire middle east and i feel like trump would do exactly that.

I have a feeling they're just waiting and planning...if he's elected, it won't take long for them to come out.

That is kinda what we do in sweden but since we are a monarchy we dont hav a president just a prime minister. we have like 8 big political parties wich choose their leader internaly and you vote for a party and their politics not a person. we do have a party in our version of the congress taht is kin of like trumps politics. they want to restrit immigrant to sweden by like all of them and a lot of the people that vote for them has opinions kinda similar to those of trump voters just not as drastic.

We have a Prime Minister too. We have 5 main federal parties, but I still don't understand how the Bloc Quebecois is able to be considered a federal party when they only have representatives in Quebec. Then there's a bunch of random parties that don't have reps in every riding, like Communist and The Marijuana Party, who never get anyone elected.

I don't think we have anyone who is ultra anti-immigration in the major parties.

One of my favorites was that Buzzfeed article where they asked Trump supporters what worries them most about our future.

enhanced-31784-1458008503-1.png

Grammar and spelling aside (OMG), the thing you're MOST concerned about is pissing off our allies so you want to ELECT DONALD TRUMP??? Are you kiddddding?
He needs to be more concerned with being able to pass a spelling test. LMAO!

We have a Prime Minister too. We have 5 main federal parties, but I still don't understand how the Bloc Quebecois is able to be considered a federal party when they only have representatives in Quebec. Then there's a bunch of random parties that don't have reps in every riding, like Communist and The Marijuana Party, who never get anyone elected.

I don't think we have anyone who is ultra anti-immigration in the major parties.

We have a bunch of smaller parties as well like some are only regional and others are just to small to get into the congress. We almost got a feminist partie into the congress but they didnot ake the 8 procent mark you have to pass (at least i think its 8 precent) that is called the feminist initiative. We also have a partie that are for file sharing and downloading like illigal stuff called the pirate partie. we also have several openly racist parties that obviously never makes it to the congress. The partie in congress is not openly racists (not acoring to themselves anywa. im leaving my opinion of the out of the picture here) they just grew alot lately. why i do not know.

I don't really think he is a great option---but from the Republican side, he not only fits the bill as far as what a nominee should look/sound like, but he may actually make people stop and think about voting for him. At this point is seems like we only have 2 types of voter's...

1. Voting for Trump
2. Voting for whoever the Democrats put up so that Trump can't win

It's so sad, but so true. I feel like there are some people who are Republicans and are educated on the issues/have logical stances even if I don't agree with their position or their stance. However, I feel like their base also has this huge population of people who really just don't have a clue and don't realize that the people who are oppressing them, the people who are threatening some of the things they should hold dear, are exactly who they're voting for. It literally makes no sense to me.

Both LBJ and Martin Luther King Jr. have quotes that express that sentiment. I am really annoyed that I can't pull up the MLKjr quote (Its in a speech in a book called "A Call to Conscious".... I really wanted to go pull it from the shelves but due to our construction we no longer have a copy readily available in the library where I work).

But basically people like to have someone to look down upon. You might be scraping a the bottom of the barrel but "gosh darn it at least I'm not black, Muslim, asian, LGBTQ.... etc". And that type of elitist attitude is what attracts so many people that political party. I've met so many people that use the ACA, Food stamps, Section 8 vouchers etc that vote Republican....clearly not in their best interest? Why? You're living in a run down trailer in the middle of the woods, waiting on your stamps to hit the card.... but you're voting for Trump because he speaks his mind?

quote-i-ll-tell-you-what-s-at-the-bottom-of-it-if-you-can-convince-the-lowest-white-man-he-lyndon-b-johnson-107-70-60.jpg

I don't have a problem with being a Republican. My father is black and votes Republican (albeit not in this election...considering). If I weren't so socially liberal and conscious I could vote republican without batting an eye for the right candidate. What I have a problem with is not voting in your best interests...and just voting because you think "this" is how you should vote because of "this".

Back