OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
One of my favorites was that Buzzfeed article where they asked Trump supporters what worries them most about our future.

enhanced-31784-1458008503-1.png

Grammar and spelling aside (OMG), the thing you're MOST concerned about is pissing off our allies so you want to ELECT DONALD TRUMP??? Are you kiddddding?

and the chick that said "collage" instead of college

Both LBJ and Martin Luther King Jr. have quotes that express that sentiment. I am really annoyed that I can't pull up the MLKjr quote (Its in a speech in a book called "A Call to Conscious".... I really wanted to go pull it from the shelves but due to our construction we no longer have a copy readily available in the library where I work).

But basically people like to have someone to look down upon. You might be scraping a the bottom of the barrel but "gosh darn it at least I'm not black, Muslim, asian, LGBTQ.... etc". And that type of elitist attitude is what attracts so many people that political party. I've met so many people that use the ACA, Food stamps, Section 8 vouchers etc that vote Republican....clearly not in their best interest? Why? You're living in a run down trailer in the middle of the woods, waiting on your stamps to hit the card.... but you're voting for Trump because he speaks his mind?

quote-i-ll-tell-you-what-s-at-the-bottom-of-it-if-you-can-convince-the-lowest-white-man-he-lyndon-b-johnson-107-70-60.jpg

I don't have a problem with being a Republican. My father is black and votes Republican (albeit not in this election...considering). If I weren't so socially liberal and conscious I could vote republican without batting an eye for the right candidate. What I have a problem with is not voting in your best interests...and just voting because you think "this" is how you should vote because of "this".

Yeah, I have to admit out of the few who I know that are voting for Trump---there is one in particular who fits the trailer trash stereotype to the tee. On one hand she is venting on her page that the school isn't offering enough food at her son for breakfast (it's free) and when asked why she doesn't feed him before he goes so he gets double the food her response is, "I can't afford to feed him breakfast." And you think Trump is your best chance? Okay then...

For those of you that say Kasich is a great option, please look at his track record before you make a decision, especially his defunding of Planned Parenthood. Although I don't agree, I'm SHOCKED the republicans can't get it together and get behind him because I think he has a good shot for the party as a whole. It's like they thought Trump hype would die down but it's only getting stronger an scarier and they had no backup plan.

Yeah I actually just read a bunch of things about Kasich's record in Ohio after we started talking about him here. Gawker is obviously biased, but here's some info:

Group

going back to randomness im completely obsessed with the new meghan trainor song "No". When i first heard it i didnt really like it, but no i cant stop listening to it. I need for someone to put a HQ version of it on youtube already so i can add it to my ipod.

this is one of my major concerns, he clearly hates anyone who isnt white and middle/upper class american, and he has had no problem coming out and saying he wants to deport muslims. Like im generally surprised ISIS hasnt come out and threatened the guy or our country because of him running yet, like we really dont need to piss off the entire middle east and i feel like trump would do exactly that.
Isis is probably going to do something soon. May sound like just a conspiracy, but I highly doubt they're going to continue to sit back much longer and take his crap he's speaking about Muslims. If Muslims were truly all bad and terriost America would be in trouble right now and we would not be deemed one of the safest countries in the world.

I don't have a problem with being a Republican. My father is black and votes Republican (albeit not in this election...considering). If I weren't so socially liberal and conscious I could vote republican without batting an eye for the right candidate. What I have a problem with is not voting in your best interests...and just voting because you think "this" is how you should vote because of "this".

I've voted Republican in Massachusetts, for our governor or state senators, but we're Massachusetts. We're very liberal. When I don't have to think about social issues, I'm much more willing to consider it. I don't think I'll be voting Republican at the federal level anytime soon though.

going back to randomness im completely obsessed with the new meghan trainor song "No". When i first heard it i didnt really like it, but no i cant stop listening to it. I need for someone to put a HQ version of it on youtube already so i can add it to my ipod.

I'll have to look it up, I haven't heard it yet.

Non-politican randomness outta me---I subscribed to the $5 Meal Plan because I needed new ideas and the fact that it came with a grocery list was enough of a seller for me! Trying my first week of it after shopping today; have a pork shoulder in my crockpot and slapping together shredded pork nachos after cheer.

I think it sounds like something from the late 90s/early 2000s.

I went to upload that quote to my FB and this pops up...

1915666_10153336344021218_8946523095420757734_n.jpg

Something tells me that Ronald is rolling in his grave!
Plus when you watch old footage of how kindly Reagan and Bush Sr. spoke of the Mexican people, talking about trying to help them immigrate legally and not speaking about them in a dehumanizing manner... it is such a huge difference from today.

ETA: Found the video.

I do like the fact that we are discussing politics since i have been quite politically active during my years. I am an social democrat. so my feelings are withthe democrats but i do respect other peoples opinions. i am scared what will happen with theworld and especially swedens relationship with the US if trump wins since he likes to say that what sweden has is bad. like our systems and stuff.

I do like the fact that we are discussing politics since i have been quite politically active during my years. I am an social democrat. so my feelings are withthe democrats but i do respect other peoples opinions. i am scared what will happen with theworld and especially swedens relationship with the US if trump wins since he likes to say that what sweden has is bad. like our systems and stuff.
I'm worried too. Other countries' diplomats are probably going to wipe their hands off of us.

I can tell that Trumps entitled behavior stems from his childhood. When you grow up the child of a billionaire in New York, you learn that you can push and shove to get the things that you want. It's your way or the highway. And that's why he feels that he can force Mexico to build that wall.

I know w'ere talking about politics right now, but how do I start a thread and add detail? I don't appear to have that option. The only option I have is the poll option. There is no blank space to add detail.

Back