OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
BMI is useless. I'm classified as obese. Decide for yourself (I'm in the elephant dress):

12803148_10205840109221488_427863726951150460_n.jpg
Omg Friars how can you let yourself go so much?

Just kidding. Don't believe those bmi scales, they lie.

**a drinking cheer dad is a happy cheer dad**

Appearing For One Night Only: Cheer2Win and I will be making a final appearance at The Cheerleading Worlds in 2016. We'll be flying down on Friday morning, attending that evening's gala and flying out Saturday afternoon. Hope to see as many people as we can!!

**Some day all cheerleaders will want to compete at "Varsity Stadium" and won't have any clue what the "Milk House" even was.**

So I entered my height and weight into a BMI calculator today, and found that I have a BMI of 25.3... so I'm technically overweight, but I still look slim. I am so confused and frustrated right now. I've lost 4 pounds in the last couple of weeks, but it's so frustrating. Ugh. I'm trying to get back down to 160.
like said before, BMI is absolutely useless. BMI doesn't take into account muscle, and muscle weighs more than fat. if you're happy and a healthy weight FOR YOU, screw BMI. I'm small but I refuse to weigh myself, ever. those numbers mean nothing.

Last edited:
I am in need of some help when it comes to school. I want to have an Plan B just in case I don't get into Nursing school this year. It is very important to me to get a Bachelors degree but I also have to be able to get a stable job with that degree. I personally have never been able to see myself not being in health care or coaching somewhere but I am afraid that if I don't at least be proactive and work towards another degree (just incase), I may end up with nothing or this process taking longer. I already have my Associates & finished all my basics....I plan on transferring to UNT for fall to finish these last two years. I am just not sure what I should major in with our economy and world the way it is now.
But I also need a job that I can be able to work at when I am 50 lol

What degree did you received? Where do you work now?
What BA degree's would you recommend? Any you wouldn't recommend?
That's kinda why I chose to do Medical Assisting right now while I wait to get more medical math experience so I can pass the HESI A2 to apply for nursing school. I do say I really like the administration aspect such as billing and coding? I'm not sure what bachelors you'd need for that though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh my Jesus! My gyms ioag5 team had a clinic today for a fundraiser for worlds and I ended up helping out since I brought my boyfriends niece. I haven't stunted in 2 years and am not supposed to because of my back...had to make some saves that had me on the floor. One involved my face and my nose ring in pretty sure pierced the other side of the inside of my nose [emoji23] 3 hours later I had some dirty looks from my boyfriend from the parent viewing area and dang I'm gonna be sore tomorrow while I coach all day! Yikes ... God help me!

like said before, BMI is absolutely useless. BMI doesn't take into account muscle, and muscle worths more than fat. if you're happy and a healthy weight FOR YOU, screw BMI. I'm small but I refuse to weigh myself, ever. those numbers mean nothing.

Correct!
In the medical field BMI doesn't hold much weight anymore. We learned in nursing that it's beginning to be a useless tool unless you have a super average person who doesn't do sports, doesn't really work out, and has a more sedentary lifestyle. There are SO many factors that go into a person and their body type that most of the time the doctor won't even acknowledge their BMI being technically underweight or overweight because it's skewed due to a medical condition, being an athlete, pregnant, etc etc

Just coming in to second what everyone else has said - do NOT focus on your BMI. BMI can be completely off.
I mean
f9e8606dfd595f10788058396cd70521.jpg
in what world is either of them overweight??? But their BMI says they're obese (yes - not just overweight) because they're skinny but they're athletes who play basketball every day so they are pretty much all muscle.
If you are happy and healthy don't worry about the number on the scale and ESPECIALLY don't worry about what your BMI supposedly says about you. It's completely irrelevant and outdated. Focus on how your body feels and what your body can do because that is a way better indicator of your health than any one number. In fact I would say if you're trying to be in better shape, try to set goals that are fitness/food related (Work up to running X number of miles, eat 5 servings of fruits and veggies a day) rather than weight loss related because most times if you're working out you're going to gain muscle mass which means the number on the scale won't accurately represent the progress you've made. You can make great strides in your health and only lose a pound or two (or none!) so don't be discouraged by what the scale says.

That's kinda why I chose to do Medical Assisting right now while I wait to get more medical math experience so I can pass the HESI A2 to apply for nursing school. I do say I really like the administration aspect such as billing and coding? I'm not sure what bachelors you'd need for that though.

No degree required for medical billing and coding but there are several organizations that offer training and certification. I worked in the industry for several years before being certified with AAPC and I currently work for a clearinghouse as an EDI Analyst. There are a lot of jobs in this field if you have an IT degree.

Appearing For One Night Only: Cheer2Win and I will be making a final appearance at The Cheerleading Worlds in 2016. We'll be flying down on Friday morning, attending that evening's gala and flying out Saturday afternoon. Hope to see as many people as we can!!

**Some day all cheerleaders will want to compete at "Varsity Stadium" and won't have any clue what the "Milk House" even was.**
#cheerfamous

I get to see Justin Trudeau in the flesh on my birthday. (My friend works for the Canadian parliament and I'm going up to Canada to visit her--then we're going to Montreal the next day for a concert.)

I can't stand the majority of his policies, but boy oh boy is he pretty.

I get to see Justin Trudeau in the flesh on my birthday. (My friend works for the Canadian parliament and I'm going up to Canada to visit her--then we're going to Montreal the next day for a concert.)

LOL. Now I have to google him.

ETA: I give him a seven.

We were just talking about him as a video of him calling himself a feminist vs David Cameron having to mansplain feminism as an equality exercise just went viral here. He is so so pretty [emoji7]

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Back