OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I consider domestic mass shootings to be acts of terrorism. I believe there will be another domestic terrorist attack in the next 6 months.

If I'd taken that quiz I absolutely would have answered yes to being afraid in all of those situations

I don't have sensationalized media or politicians to thank for that.

I have a colleague and friend getting gunned down by a racist terrorist in a church to thank for that.

suspecting that a terrorist attack would occur in the near future was not what i was referring to in my comment about people turning crazy. although it was in the graph, it was addressed as a one sentence moot point. i also agree that there will definitely be terrorists attacks (not limited to specific extremist groups) in the near and distant future.

what i was referring to was the main idea of the article: 53% of democrats and 82% of republicans polled, or 63% on average, said that they support the use of torture against ***suspected*** terrorists. not convicted terrorists, but simply anyone that is suspected. to most people, one doesn't even have to be proven guilty through articulate facts. as long as they suspect, the person in question is guilty to them. so guilty that they would support the use torture against that person in question due to their neurotic level of fear.

not that any of this is surprising, considering the american justice system imprisons innocent people, who are suspected of a crime, for years as they await trial, if those people can't afford to pay their bail.

Last edited:
suspecting that a terrorist attack would occur in the near future was not what i was referring to in my comment about people turning crazy. although it was in the graph, it was addressed as a one sentence moot point. i also agree that there will definitely be terrorists attacks (not limited to specific extremist groups) in the near and distant future.

what i was referring to was the main idea of the article: 53% of democrats and 82% of republicans polled, or 63% on average, said that they support the use of torture against ***suspected*** terrorists. not convicted terrorists, but simply anyone that is suspected. to most people, one doesn't even have to be proven guilty through articulate facts. as long as they suspect, the person in question is guilty to them. so guilty that they would support the use torture against that person in question due to their neurotic level of fear.

not that any of this is surprising, considering the american justice system imprisons innocent people, who are suspected of a crime, for years as they await trial, if those people can't afford to pay their bail.
It's shameful and dangerous. Not to mention unconstitutional. What ever happened to 'innocent until proven guilty'?

Yeah that's probably it. Would it back it up to the cloud before upgrading even if I always back it up to my computer? I didn't think of that so that's probably why.

I had this problem when I got a new phone. My Cloud had stored data from my 3 previous IPhones which was taking up a bunch of space. I think I went into the settings on my computer and deleted the previous IPhones off of the Cloud, which opened up a ton of space.

random question.
I have never had a credit card but am interested in getting one. Has anyone had one with 0% apr for 12 months?

random question.
I have never had a credit card but am interested in getting one. Has anyone had one with 0% apr for 12 months?
Just be careful. If you get a credit card, try to pay it off every month. The thing with the 0% for 12 month cards is that often, if you have a late payment or go over your limit, they will automatically cancel your 0% & jack the rate up! & by late, I mean be cautious of time zone difference. I once had a card that was an hour ahead of me. When I paid online @ 11pm on the due date, they registered it as 12am the NEXT DAY thereby making my payment "late" & charging me a late fee!!

Getting ready for a comp this weekend. Finalizing US Finals & Summit plans. My head is spinning so badly I almost couldn't remember what city we were going to this weekend. Is it May yet?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

random question.
I've seen quite a few (mine included) that say 0% APR for X amount of months. I dont think its that uncommon for a lot of "standard" cards. But you really, really, really should be paying off you balance in full every month. I can't stress how important that is.

random question.

Yeah, I think I've had a few. But don't pick a card based on APR. APR shouldn't matter because you should be paying it off in full every month. Think of it like a debit card that gets you points (and prevents unauthorized access to your checking account - someone could drank your bank account with a debit card)

Anyone pulled any good April Fools pranks/jokes today? Our boss kept going around to everyone's computers when they were away from their desks and hitting a some three key combination that rotating the display on the monitor 90 or 180 degrees. No one could figure out what was going on lol

Anyone pulled any good April Fools pranks/jokes today? Our boss kept going around to everyone's computers when they were away from their desks and hitting a some three key combination that rotating the display on the monitor 90 or 180 degrees. No one could figure out what was going on lol
Control + shift + arrow key! Lol I did that all the time to people in middle school :oops:

Another one is to set the mouse to left-handed. It just switches left and right click, but it's fun to see people freak out because they think they can't click on anything anymore. Or to switch the language settings for the keyboard. French/English keyboards are very similar, but not quite the same so most of what they type comes out right, except a few keys, so some people tend to think it's a problem with the specific keys instead of the entire keyboard.

I may or may not have used these pranks before...

random question.

Who do you currently bank with? You're probably pre-approved for a card already. I bank with Chase and I've been really happy there. I have a Chase Freedom card which is currently 0% APR.

Back