OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I was at a Ted Cruz rally today and a little girl & her dad came over and asked if she could take a picture with us because we're cheerleaders. I don't know how they know that, but it was pretty cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just saw your insta pick with @LeahofthePack. Did you two cut your hair? You two look cute. I don't follow you lol just was scrolling through it when I saw your name.

Eta: I hit reply before I could finish

I just saw your insta pick with @LeahofthePack. Did you two cut your hair? You two look cute. I don't follow you lol just was scrolling through it when I saw your name.

Eta: I hit reply before I could finish
Hahah thank you. Yes we did! I cut 10 inches off mine the day before we left for the NCAA tournament (I'm on the right in the picture) and Leah got her's cut a bit shorter too.

I just realized how awful the international age grid is aligned with the usasf grid. I know a child that is 13 (competing on her Jr. and sr team as a 12 year old due to a sept birthday) but is now going to worlds competing as a 14 year old on an IAG team.

I'm probably a lot more annoyed about it than I should be, but she literally just competed this weekend as two different ages (TWO YEARS APART) across divisions.

Last edited:
I just realized how awful the international age grid is aligned with the usasf grid. I know a child that is 13 (competing on her Jr. and sr team as a 12 year old due to a sept birthday) but is now going to worlds competing as a 14 year old on an IAG team.

I'm probably a lot more annoyed about it than I should be, but she literally just competed this weekend as two different ages (TWO YEARS APART) across divisions.

It's hard to align the age grids. Here in Aus school starts February, so does cheer. Your school starts August (?) so does cheer. We can't just start August because then our Comp season would be December to February which is our 6-7 week long summer break.

It's hard to align the age grids. Here in Aus school starts February, so does cheer. Your school starts August (?) so does cheer. We can't just start August because then our Comp season would be December to February which is our 6-7 week long summer break.

I get that. But someone shouldn't be able to compete as a 12 year old AND a 14 year old at the same competition.

@King or maybe @Ashley are notifications being glitchy? I just noticed I was top shimmy's (not complaining lol), but I've only gotten like a handful of notifications for shimmies here and there, when clearly there were more than that somewhere?

I only use the boards on my computer if that helps. Not a huge deal; it seems all the being quoted/tagged notifications are working normally.

@King or maybe @Ashley are notifications being glitchy? I just noticed I was top shimmy's (not complaining lol), but I've only gotten like a handful of notifications for shimmies here and there, when clearly there were more than that somewhere?

I only use the boards on my computer if that helps. Not a huge deal; it seems all the being quoted/tagged notifications are working normally.

Yes and I haven't figured out why yet. :/

I fully expect Father Stretch My Hands to make it into a Cali mix next season.

"If [California/insert team name] don't trust you imma shoot you"

Yes and I haven't figured out why yet. :/
I thought you guys just made the system more efficient? Like, if I get 7 shimmies on a comment, I'm notified about one user giving me a shimmy, and then I click it and see 7 on my comment.

So.. on the topic of my last comp panic. It's shaping up to be better than I expected. We had a girl who ended up fracturing her knuckle so she can't base or tumble and she was one of the last passes. Luckily, we had a girl join as an alternate and she did an awesome job filling in during full outs at our last few practices so our coach put her in for our last and biggest competition and she started crying! It was so sweet, no one deserves it more than her. However.. we can't do certain parts of the routine literally till Sunday in the warm up room.

Nerd Alert:

A coworker today showed me CSS puns for the first time ever and I'm laughing way too hard.

34 CSS Puns That'll Make You Laugh, Even If You Aren't A Web Designer

This one's by far my favorite:

css-puns-web-design-funny-jokes-8.jpg

Back