OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Very true LOL.

when my best friend came to visit me I had somehow neglected to mention that there are actual friars on campus in addition to the creepy mascot...she said she felt like she was at Disney World and surrounded by characters.

They're pretty nice guys. They brew beer on campus.

This is one of my favorite news stories of 2016: Everyone mistook a priest for a KKK member last night

(The priest is a Dominican friar, which is the same order that ran my alma mater. I also think they look more like Jedis than anything else.)

I don't know what I'm more amused at - me imagining a rosary being used as a whip or me imagining him grabbing himself a quick dessert before he settles in for the night and reads his bible (aka the priest version of Netflix and Chill) :p The end of that whole story is just so... wholesome. Dangerous klansmember roaming around campus? Nah, priest with a sweet tooth.

I don't know what I'm more amused at - me imagining a rosary being used as a whip or me imagining him grabbing himself a quick dessert before he settles in for the night and reads his bible (aka the priest version of Netflix and Chill) :p The end of that whole story is just so... wholesome. Dangerous klansmember roaming around campus? Nah, priest with a sweet tooth.

hahaha. I guess he had just finished meeting with a prayer group on campus and they were like "...yeah let's get froyo." Then people thought he was a Klansman.

The Dominican province put out a great tweet about it though:

This whole thing keeps getting better.

The friars have a sense of humor--and apparently this kind of thing happens uncomfortably frequently. One of my old professors almost started a riot at a gas station once before he explained that he's a Catholic priest. (then they tried to buy his gas and insist he give them a blessing. a happy ending for all.)

Hi everyone! I've never been to the cheerleading worlds as I am from the UK and this year I am going for the first time. However, I am only hoping to go to large senior and large coed finals. I am hoping for reassurance and to double check that I am correct in saying that LS and LSC finals are on the Sunday April 24th? And I will be able to attempt to buy tickets from 7-11 on the Saturday 23rd or from 6:30 am on the actual Sunday? Does anyone have any top tips for the whole experience and what times people really start getting in line for to buy tickets. Many thanks!!!

Hi everyone! I've never been to the cheerleading worlds as I am from the UK and this year I am going for the first time. However, I am only hoping to go to large senior and large coed finals. I am hoping for reassurance and to double check that I am correct in saying that LS and LSC finals are on the Sunday April 24th? And I will be able to attempt to buy tickets from 7-11 on the Saturday 23rd or from 6:30 am on the actual Sunday? Does anyone have any top tips for the whole experience and what times people really start getting in line for to buy tickets. Many thanks!!!
Are you going as an athlete or as a spectator?

I'm officially going to help out with my old high schools cheer team this summer :) the coach won't be able to be there for everything and she wants me to help with tryouts, hold some practices over the summer and take the girls to camp :) I'm so excited!!! Definitely going to spend tonight watching HS cheer videos from the last couple years to catch up on everything I've missed since graduating!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i hope america makes the right choice...

29m7p6h.jpg

I didnt want to start a whole thread for this but I was looking for some advice (Warning potentially long and whiny sounding post to follow)
*** Also Just a preface, I have nothing against my coaches! They are all wonderful people and have done so much for my program and I could never speak bad about any of them!***

Currently I am a Junior in High School ( Soon to be senior!) and I have been cheering for school cheer since I was in the 4th grade and totally have fallen in love with the sport. I have been lucky to cheer every single year in between and it has been a bast. In about 8th grade I discovered All-Star cheer and I even remember the first routine I watched (Orange Rays 2012) and I totally fell in love with the sport. I stayed up all night watching routine after routine and downloaded the music to my laptop and jammed out in my room for ages. I even asked my parents to let me do all-star cheer but due to the only all star gyms near us being about 30 minutes away and both of my parents working until 5:30 or later each night, it was not an option. I have been blessed to cheer the last 3 years at my high school and compete at regionals and state but there has been a lot of issues with it. My coach has repeatedly pulled me down onto lower teams for seemingly no reason the past 2 years and the past year I didn't even have a stunt group (I flew my Freshman and sophomore year and some Junior year but was pulled down to base). We have had multiple meetings with my coach and every time he doesn't really have a reason for what he is doing and never really gives me anything to fix. Now by no means am I an Angel Rice when it comes to tumbling or do I have jumps that are hyper extended but my tumbling is maxed out for what my team has and I'm not one of the girls who is in trouble at school and I truly work hard and it has gotten to a point where I am truly frustrated with how things are run and I don't know what to do. I tried out last week, hoping my senior season would be better but like I posted earlier, it already seems like it will be more of the same.

Now, the All-Star Gym that I tumble at is now a Rockstar gym (One of my favorite gym programs!) and I am in a position where all-star is a possibility because I can help pay for it and I can drive myself (Money and travel were two issues). So here is my question; Should I look into all stars or should I try and stick it out with school cheer? I really want my senior season to be a good one and I'm just not sure if it is worth it to try and stick it out one more year if it's going to mean standing in the back and not getting to do anything half the time....

I didnt want to start a whole thread for this but I was looking for some advice (Warning potentially long and whiny sounding post to follow)
*** Also Just a preface, I have nothing against my coaches! They are all wonderful people and have done so much for my program and I could never speak bad about any of them!***

Currently I am a Junior in High School ( Soon to be senior!) and I have been cheering for school cheer since I was in the 4th grade and totally have fallen in love with the sport. I have been lucky to cheer every single year in between and it has been a bast. In about 8th grade I discovered All-Star cheer and I even remember the first routine I watched (Orange Rays 2012) and I totally fell in love with the sport. I stayed up all night watching routine after routine and downloaded the music to my laptop and jammed out in my room for ages. I even asked my parents to let me do all-star cheer but due to the only all star gyms near us being about 30 minutes away and both of my parents working until 5:30 or later each night, it was not an option. I have been blessed to cheer the last 3 years at my high school and compete at regionals and state but there has been a lot of issues with it. My coach has repeatedly pulled me down onto lower teams for seemingly no reason the past 2 years and the past year I didn't even have a stunt group (I flew my Freshman and sophomore year and some Junior year but was pulled down to base). We have had multiple meetings with my coach and every time he doesn't really have a reason for what he is doing and never really gives me anything to fix. Now by no means am I an Angel Rice when it comes to tumbling or do I have jumps that are hyper extended but my tumbling is maxed out for what my team has and I'm not one of the girls who is in trouble at school and I truly work hard and it has gotten to a point where I am truly frustrated with how things are run and I don't know what to do. I tried out last week, hoping my senior season would be better but like I posted earlier, it already seems like it will be more of the same.

Now, the All-Star Gym that I tumble at is now a Rockstar gym (One of my favorite gym programs!) and I am in a position where all-star is a possibility because I can help pay for it and I can drive myself (Money and travel were two issues). So here is my question; Should I look into all stars or should I try and stick it out with school cheer? I really want my senior season to be a good one and I'm just not sure if it is worth it to try and stick it out one more year if it's going to mean standing in the back and not getting to do anything half the time....
I say go for all star cheer. Have you asked Rockstar for an information packet/info for the upcoming season regarding costs, travel comps, etc?

I say go for all star cheer. Have you asked Rockstar for an information packet/info for the upcoming season regarding costs, travel comps, etc?

I havent! I will be in the gym tomorrow night for my tumbling so I plan to ask them then! The main thing that will be a concern is cost of course so that might make or break the decision.

Back