OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I'm assuming this is about the Stanford swimmer. I haven't bothered to learn his name because it isn't worth knowing

I understand the outrage don't get me wrong but these instances of "privilege" occur on the regular and these people with this type of privilege get away with in some cases literally murder (I'm looking at you Affluenza jerk) and we get outraged and we talk about it online. And then we forget and continue to let people with this "type of privilege" exist in our society and continue to get away with it. The fact that his own daddy glossed over it by calling it "20 minutes of action" shows what kind of culture he grew up in. What they allowed. What they encouraged.

And there are millions more like him

But I mean there are poor people who can't afford good lawyers, who don't come from families of "privilege" going jail for 10 years on marijuana charges.

(I'll let you guys define privilege how ever you choose)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:shimmy:

I hate that he gets the privilege of news outlets using his cute little paid for headshot over his mugshot. But like you said, this most certainly isn't the only time this has happened. It happens every day. When I read his dad called it "20 minutes of action" the other day I literally threw up in my mouth. Horrible people.

Yeah the dads comment coupled with the fact that he judge said a longer sentence would be detrimental to his future

Like I can't

I'd be interested in seeing data re: that judges sentencing for any person of color that committed an equal crime or a crime of "lesser" magnitude. I'm sure someone has dug this info up by now.

Like was he concerned about their future?

And the mugshot thing. Like everything about this case touches on what the heck is wrong with this country. Why we don't get along.

Yeah the dads comment coupled with the fact that he judge said a longer sentence would be detrimental to his future

Like I can't

I'd be interested in seeing data re: that judges sentencing for any person of color that committed an equal crime or a crime of "lesser" magnitude. I'm sure someone has dug this info up by now.

Like was he concerned about their future?

And the mugshot thing. Like everything about this case touches on what the heck is wrong with this country. Why we don't get along.

I wrote an opinion piece on the war on drugs last fall and there is definitely data that supports that people of color get harsher sentences. And that mandatory minimums for drugs are biased based on who is most likely to use that drug.

It exists for drugs and I'm sure that it is not limited to just drugs.

This is horrifying. I seriously hope it's not real (and if it isn't... that's even creepier)

It's Jacob Sartorius. Saw his name in the Dance Moms thread so this piqued my interest. It's supposed to be a video, so you'll have to click the time stamp.

I wrote an opinion piece on the war on drugs last fall and there is definitely data that supports that people of color get harsher sentences. And that mandatory minimums for drugs are biased based on who is most likely to use that drug.

It exists for drugs and I'm sure that it is not limited to just drugs.

Oh This I know...I'm 30 and I've literally been witnessing this injustice my entire life

But I want to see that particular judge...that judge that gave him 6 months (3 months) sentence for rape

I want to see what he's been sentencing Jamarquez and Eduardo for possession of marijuana with the intent to distribute....is he caring about their future as well

Oh This I know...I'm 30 and I've literally been witnessing this injustice my entire life

But I want to see that particular judge...that judge that gave him 6 months (3 months) sentence for rape

I want to see what he's been sentencing Jamarquez and Eduardo for possession of marijuana with the intent to distribute....is he caring about their future as well

Of course he isn't. Because he doesn't think they have a bright future because they're not white, Olympic hopefuls. It really is deplorable and nobody seems to know how to fix it.

My father worked as a narcotics detective for most his life, and pointed out that now they're changing the laws for opioid drug offenses because kids are dying...mostly privileged kids. It's a major issue in suburban towns like the ones around us. But then we have *some* first time offenders ending up felons.

Last edited:
Did I miss this or am I the only one who can't shimmy or like any thing while using the tap talk app??

Did I miss this or am I the only one who can't shimmy or like any thing while using the tap talk app??
If you click on the post you want, there should be a thumbs up button at the top of the screen that you can click.

So this happened:

(That person doesn't have "Part of Your World", but there's some videos floating around. It's amazing.)

Also: @Eyes On The Prize @CheerBank A new block of Hamilton tickets was just announced. Amex presale starts on the 7th, and general public is on the 12th. Luckily, I don't work on the 12th.

APRIL 4th 2017. Less than a year away lol. :cheering:

My father worked as a narcotics detective for most his life, and pointed out that now they're changing the laws for opioid drug offenses because kids are dying...mostly privileged kids. It's a major issue in suburban towns like the ones around us. But then we have *some* first time offenders ending up felons.

I was watching NBC Nightly the other night and there was a "sweet" story about a 9 year old that wanted to learn how to give the shot that stops heroin OD in case she ever needed to save her 26 year old brother who battles drug addiction [emoji5][emoji5][emoji5].

There was a "sweet" story about how David Schwimmers 5 year old likes to drink beer [emoji5][emoji5][emoji5][emoji5][emoji5]

It's amazing and I'm tired. Literally tired of this shhht.

Latest posts

Back