OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
That's the first time I've read the dads letter in its entirety...and yeah the dad is part on the problem and the dad probably has raped someone....aside from his wife

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought the same thing. It sounds like someone grew up being told that girls were just play toys and that boys were always better. I wonder what the mother honestly thinks of this.

I thought the same thing. It sounds like someone grew up being told that girls were just play toys and that boys were always better. I wonder what the mother honestly thinks of this.
She's probably using the same mental gymnastics that many other parents of psychopaths use when their kid commits a heinous act.

I just read the victims statement from the Brock Turner story and it is absolutely heart breaking. I cried the whole time as I read it.

Last edited:
I can't believe someone LET him read that. Like a family rep, their lawyers, ANYONE could have ready that before he presented it and said ehhhh maybe this is not the best way of putting it.

And the victim's statement is one of the hardest things I've ever read.

Thanks to being unemployed and having a kidney stone, I've been binging SVU in order of the last three seasons. It's a blessing that I found an internship for the summer and passed the stone because it was becoming problematic.

That being said this story had made me especially angrier, if that's even possible. It makes me sick. Affluenza parents are the most delusional people known to man. I went to school with them my entire life. My town breeds them. I'm so blessed that I have parents that aren't afraid to see that I'm imperfect and aren't afraid to punish me. These kids who think they can get away with stuff like this, do it because they've never had punishments before. They've never been held accountable. It's disgusting and twisted.

Ladies and Gentlemen of the board. I present to you the future of our sport. This is one of the photos tweeted to me today by angry little cheer minions who see nothing wrong with representing themselves, their programs, and our sport poorly. Hope none of you find your kids among them.

It's gone

I'm assuming this is about the Stanford swimmer. I haven't bothered to learn his name because it isn't worth knowing

I understand the outrage don't get me wrong but these instances of "privilege" occur on the regular and these people with this type of privilege get away with in some cases literally murder (I'm looking at you Affluenza jerk) and we get outraged and we talk about it online. And then we forget and continue to let people with this "type of privilege" exist in our society and continue to get away with it. The fact that his own daddy glossed over it by calling it "20 minutes of action" shows what kind of culture he grew up in. What they allowed. What they encouraged.

And there are millions more like him

But I mean there are poor people who can't afford good lawyers, who don't come from families of "privilege" going jail for 10 years on marijuana charges.

(I'll let you guys define privilege how ever you choose)

and i would bet major money that this stanford kid will end up exactly like the affluenza kid at some point. His parents statement was appalling and im sure he walks all over his parents and they let him do whatever he wants. I mean he does go to stanford so i want to imagine his parents are pretty well off. Im sure he'll screw up again in a few years and actually end up in jail.

and i would bet major money that this stanford kid will end up exactly like the affluenza kid at some point. His parents statement was appalling and im sure he walks all over his parents and they let him do whatever he wants. I mean he does go to stanford so i want to imagine his parents are pretty well off. Im sure he'll screw up again in a few years and actually end up in jail .

....but...but his future. He isn't a threat to anyone. 20 mins of action doesn't dictate your whole life! The dad and judge said so!

Ladies and Gentlemen of the board. I present to you the future of our sport. This is one of the photos tweeted to me today by angry little cheer minions who see nothing wrong with representing themselves, their programs, and our sport poorly. Hope none of you find your kids among them.

You feel so strongly that this picture is inappropriate for children to post and represents the sport badly, yet, you choose to post it all over social media? I have lost respect for you because it seems rather hypocritical. You are not trying to protect the kids, instead you shamed them.

I will be straight up with you. I ignore your social media posts nearly 100% of the time, not always because of what you do or say but how you go about it. No, the photo posted was not cute - this topic has been discussed before here on the board and no one needed photos during those discussions, and the majority are in agreement we'd rather not have athletes pose like this, but if you think it only happens in cheer you are very sadly mistaken. I have seen this type of photo taken with girls in prom dresses, lacrosse uniforms, basketball uniforms, school clothes etc. It is a social issue - not a cheer issue, but yet you insist on segregating it. Putting it here on a forum dedicated to cheer is one thing - putting it on twitter where the entire world is your soapbox yet making it only about cheer is counter productive.

Back