OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
This news of Christina Grimmie's murder has me completely heartbroken. Such an amazing and unique artist.
She lived in my town before she moved to pursue her career so we sadly will have vigil for her and we have a memorial stone for her as well as all the other fallen students.

The christina story is honestly so shocking, she became popular when i was in middle school which wasnt long ago about 5-6 years ago. And i loved her covers, ironically just a dream with sam tsui was my favorite. Im just so shocked that SHE was killed like that. I know anything can happen but who wouldve guessed her. Did anyone see on twitter on this page for 2016 predictions in januaray that page tweeted "our prediction for 2016 a young rising musician will unfortunately pass away due to a violent death with suspicious circumstances surrounding their death" and basically that was linked to her. Its so sad, sam tsui did a tribute to her which was beautiful

My heart broke this morning, reading about the 50 people who were shot and 53 people who were injured last night at Pulse, a gay bar in Orlando. How terrifying that hate crimes like this are still happening in 2016, and in a space where LGBT people go to feel safe and accepted.

My heart broke this morning, reading about the 50 people who were shot and 53 people who were injured last night at Pulse, a gay bar in Orlando. How terrifying that hate crimes like this are still happening in 2016, and in a space where LGBT people go to feel safe and accepted.

I read about that too. Absolutely awful. It's being investigated as a potential act of terrorism.

During Pride Month, too.

I can't even think of an adequate word to describe what happened. Horrific is a complete understatement.

Last edited:
I am Horrified to hear about the massacre in Orlando. I am an HUGE gay rights supporter and this just break my heart. My thoughts and prayers are with the families and all the peple affected by this. The fact that i cant take is that swedish media is not really open about the fact that its a gay club. sure they put it out there but the headlines just says nightclub not gay club. I think its important to say that its an gay club to get the message out that this so not okay. (sorry for rant i can edit this if anyone doesnt like what i have written. i am just a but mad right now.)

I just feel bad for the friends, family, loved ones, coworkers, acquaintances etc of the victims.

I know what they're going through. I was there 360 days ago

The outrage and concern and offers of "prayer" are nice. It's nice every time one of these tragedies happen...and they happen frequently.

But prayer without works does nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just feel bad for the friends, family, loved ones, coworkers, acquaintances etc of the victims.

I know what they're going through. I was there 360 days ago

The outrage and concern and offers of "prayer" are nice. It's nice every time one of these tragedies happen...and they happen frequently.

But prayer without works does nothing.

I agree so much with this. The fight for equal rights no matter what is still going strong and this and other tragedies just shows that it is.

I never thought about it either :( the saddest thing to picture in your mind.

Very much a reality. My former boss laid dead in that church for hours. One of my coworkers said she called her phone for hours until it went to VM.

The only reason I didn't try to call her was because I was hoping for the best and didn't want to overwhelm her

First the shooting of a singer in a downtown orlando club a few nights ago and now this. I always knew downtown was full of crazies, but this has been unreal.

I can't believe all the hate I read on Twitter. How dare you make "jokes" about it? If I could I'd go all FBI on them.... :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I never thought about it either :( the saddest thing to picture in your mind.

We took our girl's out to lunch after picking up my husband's truck (they did a beer 4K and he couldn't drive home) and walked in to find CNN plastered---thankfully they changed it quickly once they saw our girl's, but I read this as I was eating my salad and wanted to puke. This morning I spent my time systematically checking on everyone I know who could have been there; the night life in our area sucks, especially for the LGBT community, so they hop over to Orlando (it's a quick drive). I'm so thankful no one I know was there last night, but my husband said I turned green as I read this. Prayers to those affected, those decreased, those hurt, their families and those who are having to process this massacre.

Shielding my kids from this has been harder than I thought it would be---it's everywhere, tv, radio, people talking about it...etc, etc. My heart is broken for Orlando.

Back