OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
If you are near a Costco that sells alcohol you have to check it out. The bottles are as big as my head!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

some people may not know that a membership is not needed to buy. also, it's not needed for their pharmacy or optometrist services. i've never bought alcohol there, but i go there for optometrist services. people just need to tell the door person asking for a member ID that they're just there for that/those thing/s. 9/10 they will insist that you need membership, but they are full of it. i argued the first time that i went many years ago and even a lame manager insisted that i needed to be a member to see the optometrist, so i just walked passed them. i saw them raise it up to someone else, who i assumed was a upper manager, and they just walked away from him with a defeated look on their face. when i go now, i let them know what i'm there for, and if they do the "you need to be a member" thing, i just keep walking and don't bother saying anything else. it's illegal to require membership for any of those services/goods. however, for alcohol, they say that people need to go to the front customer service desk and get a purchase pass for it. i doubt that's necessary, but i've never tested them. i should test them one day.

Shoutout to Illinois and its lax alcohol laws. Pretty sure you can buy stuff here till 2am? And none of the only certain things can be sold at certain places. When I went to school in Wisconsin I hated having to buy stuff by 9pm.
YES! I didn't know that liquor laws were so intense elsewhere. Even my gym/health club sells booze...

It's not really a thing here either. BJs probably gets away with it because it's a Warehouse Club thing, and grocery stores are only allowed to sell beer/wine at 5 of their locations. So Wegman's can sell it at all of theirs (though they're probably almost up to 5) but most stores don't sell it.
We are close to the NH border so it is more common where I live in Mass. Some of our grocery stores (Hannaford, for example) have a full liquor license and have a full wine section and then 3 aisles with liquor and beer. They just can't sell any alcohol before noon on Sunday.

We are close to the NH border so it is more common where I live in Mass. Some of our grocery stores (Hannaford, for example) have a full liquor license and have a full wine section and then 3 aisles with liquor and beer. They just can't sell any alcohol before noon on Sunday.

I grew up shopping at Shaw's and Stop & Shop which are all over the state so for them to only have 5 liquor licenses across all locations basically means that I never saw a grocery store sell alcohol until after college. It's still weird to me when I go to Wegman's and can buy beer there.

Haha, glad you got to experience it. I like Sheetz just as much as WaWa and I'm currently going through withdrawal. I went from having both within a mile or 2 from my house to having neither. Though the Raceway's here are on point, the few I've been to have had a full on frozen yogurt section with tons of flavors and a toppings bar haha.
I can't say I've ever had a pleasant Sheetz experience.

some people may not know that a membership is not needed to buy. also, it's not needed for their pharmacy or optometrist services. i've never bought alcohol there, but i go there for optometrist services. people just need to tell the door person asking for a member ID that they're just there for that/those thing/s. 9/10 they will insist that you need membership, but they are full of it. i argued the first time that i went many years ago and even a lame manager insisted that i needed to be a member to see the optometrist, so i just walked passed them. i saw them raise it up to someone else, who i assumed was a upper manager, and they just walked away from him with a defeated look on their face. when i go now, i let them know what i'm there for, and if they do the "you need to be a member" thing, i just keep walking and don't bother saying anything else. it's illegal to require membership for any of those services/goods. however, for alcohol, they say that people need to go to the front customer service desk and get a purchase pass for it. i doubt that's necessary, but i've never tested them. i should test them one day.
you can also shop at Costco if you have a Costco gift card even if you are not a member---
oh and our grocery stores here set up tasting areas in the alcohol section. Yep free samples! One time it was this really strong vodka and the guy poured me a huge shot and well... yeah I had to sit in my car until I sobered up to drive home after buying groceries! LOL!

Unfortunately, with NJ's laws, we can only buy alcohol at liquor stores. You won't find any at another type of store...or if you do, it's a very rare occurrence.

grocery stores in NM sell liquor. When I went to Texas I was surprised you could only buy alcohol in liquor stores. I wish I knew so wouldn't have been walking up and down the aisles looking like a fool confused as heck. Lol

Hamilton fans, my friend just posted this--- "Lin-Manuel Miranda was just on periscope and after addressing the "long week" we've been having, he thought he'd chime in with something positive. Apparently, Miranda is a HUGE Garfield fan. Jim Davis sent him a signed print of Garfield dressed as Hamilton that reads "Lin-Manuel, you rock!""

Does anyone keep up with the anons on twitter? (theyre pretty interesting lol) if so what do you guys think of them posting about their personal beliefs that has nothing to do with cheer? like today with all the tragedy thats happened these last few days quite a few anons have spoken up about what they believe, so many beliefs were conflicting between multiple accounts even calling out athletes on their personal beliefs. I mean i agree with some of the things they say but i wanted to know if you guys think thats appropriate or not?

Back