OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
@Eyes On The Prize because you don't have Facebook to share on I'm sharing this here for you

**wondering if twerking competitors get corporate sponsors and if so who are they**

Aww thanks :) I hadn't seen this video yet but they did a really great job (of course, they are a performing arts school, so we can expect more of them, right?)

I was reading about this school a few weeks ago and the legal issue with these performances - it was pretty interesting. Apparently the teacher just went ahead and decided to have the kids perform parts of the show before the show allowed liscensing for ameatuer productions. The school is arguing that it doesn't break copyright laws and are trying to find the loophole using "its educational" but I don't think they'll win. (I kind of have to side with the law on this.)

Regardless, the quality of that performance is amazing. Thanks for sharing!

Hi friends!! I'm coming out of my hole out here in Tuxedo, NC at Camp Greystone where I've been working this summer for just a smidgen to tell a story...
SO, many of you know @cheerheart4life (Don't think she's on the boards anymore, but she was for a while) (Lacey), and I had the awesome experience of getting to know her and met her at Worlds in 2012. She's awesome!
So I've become friends with the girls who coach cheer and tumbling at my camp this summer (I'm a Photographer and also teach photography during half of the day), and one of the girls added me on Facebook one day. I saw a mutual friend (Lacey), who happened to have the same last name as my co-worker. I was thinkin', maybe distant cousins or some coincidence. Nope! They're sisters. So funny, right?! They were never campers at my camp, either, so it's literally the most random, miracle of God that I would meet Lacey's sister at this camp that neither of us were ever campers at.
Alright, back into my hole! Miss everyone!

Josh Groban released a 'new' single today, and it's taking all my self control to not get a ticket to see the show he's gonna be in.

On another note, my macbook is dying a slow death. I should start looking for a new one, since mine doesn't have a battery and the speakers don't work all the time. I don't "need" a mac, but I've grown attached to the OS. But willing to use another, since cost is an issue. Any recommendations for models to look at? I'd be using it for the typical avoiding doing school work internet browsing and streaming videos.
I'm a Mac person too. Try looking for a refurbished one instead of a brand new model.

Josh Groban released a 'new' single today, and it's taking all my self control to not get a ticket to see the show he's gonna be in.

On another note, my macbook is dying a slow death. I should start looking for a new one, since mine doesn't have a battery and the speakers don't work all the time. I don't "need" a mac, but I've grown attached to the OS. But willing to use another, since cost is an issue. Any recommendations for models to look at? I'd be using it for the typical avoiding doing school work internet browsing and streaming videos.

Another Mac person. I love my Air (had an older regular Macbook before. I know they're expensive, but I couldn't go back either. Mine is almost 5 years old now, so maybe I should look into one before I graduate too. You've got me thinking now.

I have one semester left, so I still qualify for an education discount. I'm not sure which option would be cheaper, since there aren't any non retina display models in the refurbished section. (They're cheaper than the retina display models. And have DVD drives still.)
My boyfriend's been patrolling newegg.com. They have open box and refurbished electronics.

Asus has some great computers. I cant really recommend a specific model since I'm not sure what your budget is but they have a nice range of products. My mom has a standard one that she uses for everyday stuff (probably what you'd be looking for) and I have one that is a little more powerful for all my design programs. Both are great computers and I'm a huge fan of the brand!

Asus has some great computers. I cant really recommend a specific model since I'm not sure what your budget is but they have a nice range of products. My mom has a standard one that she uses for everyday stuff (probably what you'd be looking for) and I have one that is a little more powerful for all my design programs. Both are great computers and I'm a huge fan of the brand!

I have an ASUS and my only complaint was the cursor skipping around a bit when typing. Otherwise been a great computer.

**j'applaudis avec mes cuisses de tonnerre**

I have an ASUS and my only complaint was the cursor skipping around a bit when typing. Otherwise been a great computer.

I had that same issue and I never knew how to fix it! It was super annoying. I looked for updates and everything but no luck. It hasnt happened as often after I updated to Windows 10. And it only happened when I used the track pad - never with a mouse.

I had that same issue and I never knew how to fix it! It was super annoying. I looked for updates and everything but no luck. It hasnt happened as often after I updated to Windows 10. And it only happened when I used the track pad - never with a mouse.

For me it was mid typing, the cursor would just jump to the middle of a previously typed sentence and continue inserting whatever I was typing at the time.

I have one semester left, so I still qualify for an education discount. I'm not sure which option would be cheaper, since there aren't any non retina display models in the refurbished section. (They're cheaper than the retina display models. And have DVD drives still.)

Oldest has a student discount and we got her Macbook Pro 13" at $1200, normally $1299, the refurbished ran $1049. DH decided to go with the student discount. We purchased youngest the same computer a few months later and when we did the startup we realized they didn't install the operating system. When we took it back they didn't have a tech on hand so they gave her another computer. My husband asked if they would sell that one as "new" and they said they would just install OSX El Capitan and sell it as refurbished. He was then sorry we didn't buy refurbished.

Refurbished MacBook Pro 13" - Apple Certified Refurbished Notebook Computers - Apple

ETA, I have my oldest hand me down Macbook Pro from 2009 and installed El Capitan on it and it still works great.

Last edited:
I think $1200 (which is $925-ish US. That's sad.) would be the most I'd be willing to spend. I have been eyeing some Asus models, since my tablet is an Asus and I've never had a problem with it.
But at this point I just want something with a battery in it. (I may have had to remove the battery from my laptop with a knife because it got stuck....)

Oh, Im sure you could find a great Asus laptop for half that price. My laptop was on sale when I got it, around $800ish, and is quite the little beast.

And yes, I love that my laptop has a removable battery. I couldnt live with a laptop that didn't [emoji14]

Back