OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
ugh why arent miriam and daniel coming back for this.... i would die if drake actually did come back for this though.
She's in it and I'm sorry to report that Emma and Spinner are still happily married. On a good note though Paige and Marco have made up.

I really wish Daniel came back for this as well. It would have resolved some of the Degrassi unknowns.

I'm so conflicted... Can anyone give advice? (read below)
So basically I tried out for school cheer and made it. But I also do allstar obviously, and some of the games conflict with practice dates. Some of the school cheer practice dates conflict too. I'm doing football cheer so it's before competition season but still kinda close to comp season. Some of these practices for allstar I'll be missing are very crucial just so we can get used to the routine and get comfortable with our stunts, baskets, pyramid, etc. I am a flyer and we can't do a lot of things without me- plus I am center so I feel like I have an extra responsibility to be solid and it's going to require extra open gyms to get the stunt good if I have to miss practice. It's also annoying to my group. Overall, I just don't want to miss practice so close to showcase, and comp season. School cheer practices are IMO, excessively long. No, 2 hours is not long, but for school cheer, we will be doing pretty simple stunts and not that complex of cheers, either. Our coach also doesn't really know what she's doing.. She didn't even know what a full up was! I am really considering quitting before football season. I know, that's awful, but I just feel horrible about missing a lot of practice for what isn't really that important. We don't compete, our hardest stunts are *maybe* extensions and barrel rolls. If I quit though, my friends on the team will be really mad, and I'll feel horrible about quitting because they will have to find a fill in for me. I know you should see through w/ your commitments, and I'm not a quitter usually, but I just don't know if school cheer is really worth it.
(Sorry this is practically a novel)..
Thoughts?

So basically I tried out for school cheer and made it. But I also do allstar obviously, and some of the games conflict with practice dates. Some of the school cheer practice dates conflict too. I'm doing football cheer so it's before competition season but still kinda close to comp season. Some of these practices for allstar I'll be missing are very crucial just so we can get used to the routine and get comfortable with our stunts, baskets, pyramid, etc. I am a flyer and we can't do a lot of things without me- plus I am center so I feel like I have an extra responsibility to be solid and it's going to require extra open gyms to get the stunt good if I have to miss practice. It's also annoying to my group. Overall, I just don't want to miss practice so close to showcase, and comp season. School cheer practices are IMO, excessively long. No, 2 hours is not long, but for school cheer, we will be doing pretty simple stunts and not that complex of cheers, either. Our coach also doesn't really know what she's doing.. She didn't even know what a full up was! I am really considering quitting before football season. I know, that's awful, but I just feel horrible about missing a lot of practice for what isn't really that important. We don't compete, our hardest stunts are *maybe* extensions and barrel rolls. If I quit though, my friends on the team will be really mad, and I'll feel horrible about quitting because they will have to find a fill in for me. I know you should see through w/ your commitments, and I'm not a quitter usually, but I just don't know if school cheer is really worth it.
Thoughts?

Sounds to me like you already made your decision. School cheer doesn't seem like it's worth it to you, which is totally fine. I chose all star over school cheer my senior year and never looked back. Quitting now would be better than later on because you'll really hurt the team if you wait until after you're placed in school routines to quit!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She's in it and I'm sorry to report that Emma and Spinner are still happily married. On a good note though Paige and Marco have made up.

I really wish Daniel came back for this as well. It would have resolved some of the Degrassi unknowns.

I still have so many thoughts about the Emma/Spinner end game. Especially because they didn't really interact at all when they were in school. I'm not against the pairing but I wish they would've had 'something' to refer back to.

Thoughts?
If you really want to stay with school cheer just for football season, talk to your coach and see if you can work around some of the school practices. That is what cp is doing this year. She just wants to do football because it is fun and social, and she has many friends on both cheer and football. It is easier for mine, though, because she is a back spot and asked not to be choreographed in any major spots knowing she will not be there for competition season. If you can't make it work, definitely leave now though. They will find someone else for your spots, everyone is replaceable.

oh I'm so against this pairing. Sean/Emma 4 lyfe

Same. It seems unnecessary to have them survive so much only for her to marry a character she spoke to like 3 or 4 times in the entire series (I counted). If Spinner married Paige or something, that would've made since, I would've enjoyed that.

Oh Cats...kill me now. It's coming back.

I'm going on a crusie in September and it's one of their shows. It's free - but I don't think I'm going to go. I'm not interested in it enough to force my husband to sit through another musical with me.

I'm going on a crusie in September and it's one of their shows. It's free - but I don't think I'm going to go. I'm not interested in it enough to force my husband to sit through another musical with me.
Don't do it. It's too much time you'll never get back in your life. Read, take a nap, gamble, drink, do nothing - all better options.

Back