OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
In this case, I wish that the bartender had refused to serve her, but you bet your bottom dollar that the restaurant could be sued for that.

Makes me sick that people jeopardize their unborn children's health.
Bartender was wrong 2 ways, serving to the point of being drunk in a short time , second she's pregnant.
Unfortunately it was her choice to drink while pregnant and no law about that.

My school has been doing the Every 15 Minutes drunk driving simulation the past two days, and it is so emotional. Yesterday was the day they staged the crash and pulled people out of class every 15 minutes. Today we had the "funeral" service for them. First responders attended, a mother who actually lost her daughter 8 years ago in a drunk driving accident spoke, eulogies and obituaries were read, there were real coffins and hearses, and parents all read a goodbye letter to the kids. It was so hard to sit through, but it definitely was effective. All of this has been a lot harder for the senior class, because when we were freshmen we lost a student in a car accident. She wasn't drunk, but it still hit so close to home.

Final Grades are posted - my daughter got a C in Chem2 :D - I don't think we have ever been so happy to see a C. She talked to her advisor about other possibilities and she found out she would also like Speech Pathology - which is a totally different major course, but somewhat related to OT. So now she is stuck and doesn't know what she wants to do. She has alot of the required classes already for the Speech Pathology major so switching would not be a problem. But now that she passed Chem, she doesn't know if she should stay the course for OT - since she worked so hard for that Chem2 C she says - but she loves the look of the Speech Major classes lol - (this is what I deal with lol) I love her but she can't make decisions to save her life. - She is always afraid she will make the wrong one. I told her say a prayer, and see which one comes to mind :)

ETA - she could still sue. Technically, anyone can sue for anything. I don't think she'd win. It's very hard to win a refusal of service lawsuit based on anything besides race or religion.
Speaking of anyone can sue for anything, am I the only one that is kind of disgusted by this whole situation? I understand there are two sides to every story, but this is so not right to me.
21-Year-Old Sues Parents for College Tuition — and Wins
ETA: reading the mom's blog linked in the article made me so sad.

Final Grades are posted - my daughter got a C in Chem2 :D - I don't think we have ever been so happy to see a C. She talked to her advisor about other possibilities and she found out she would also like Speech Pathology - which is a totally different major course, but somewhat related to OT. So now she is stuck and doesn't know what she wants to do. She has alot of the required classes already for the Speech Pathology major so switching would not be a problem. But now that she passed Chem, she doesn't know if she should stay the course for OT - since she worked so hard for that Chem2 C she says - but she loves the look of the Speech Major classes lol - (this is what I deal with lol) I love her but she can't make decisions to save her life. - She is always afraid she will make the wrong one. I told her say a prayer, and see which one comes to mind :)
I was speech - no longer practicing but did so for years - if she has any questions, feel free to have her PM me.

Bartender was wrong 2 ways, serving to the point of being drunk in a short time , second she's pregnant.
Unfortunately it was her choice to drink while pregnant and no law about that.
She had one drink at the bar then went to the dining room and ordered three more throughout her meal. I feel like if anyone had said something we'd be fired on the spot. They're realllly strict about customer service :/

Kay update. I've decided that I'm going to do the Air Force. Rob and I had a long talk about it and he said he would absolutely support me in anything that I wanted or needed to do. So that's a huge weight off me. My hair was literally coming out by the handful. I won't have to ditch our relationship and I get time away from the responsibilities I have, time to grow as a person, and time to get an education and all the military benefits.

I just can't help but think that God really knows what is best. We've been praying about the rent thing, and I think it's too convenient that this opportunity was presented to me to not be Gods will. This will over double my income as soon as I get to basic training and that's just the beginning.

I really appreciate everyone's input, and I know in my heart all of you are absolutely right. I'm just happy that Rob knows it too and is willing to stand with me through this!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm so happy for you!

Speaking of anyone can sue for anything, am I the only one that is kind of disgusted by this whole situation? I understand there are two sides to every story, but this is so not right to me.
21-Year-Old Sues Parents for College Tuition — and Wins
ETA: reading the mom's blog linked in the article made me so sad.

Anyone remember the girl that sued her parents for private school tuition last spring

New Jersey teen sues parents to pay for college education - CNN.com

New Jersey as well

I thought this was a different girl. Regardless, I still do not understand why they ruled in her favor.

It is a different girl. I was just pointing out that's the second time in a year an entitled child from NJ has pulled this

Really annoyed. In my Social Psychology class, we had to watch a movie. To make sure we watched the movie, our professor had us sign an attendance sheet before and after. My nephew was being born so I left without signing the paper after, but did stay for the whole movie. My professor refuses to give me credit for watching the movie and the reflection paper we had to do for it.

Yik yak has some seriously funny and relevant stuff sometimes.

6c6bb57a37d2a8a48bdbec872092a153.jpg

Double post but whatevs.

I met a boy on tinder (sigh) and he turned out to be extremely nice! We met tonight and just chatted for a couple hours. He was in the air force and is now starting school for civil engineering.

I'm really excited because I haven't met a new guy in like three years.

And he's not a nasty freak like some of the others on tinder.

Latest posts

Back