OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
On a slightly related (to the "suing your parents") note, why are the people at my school so entitled? Like we're seniors so we're obviously thinking about college and they're all like "my parents won't let me go anywhere more than $20,000" because they don't want me to have loans" and "well my parents are only giving me $12,000 a year so I'm basically screwed" :confused: How can you be mad about "only" getting $12,000 or $20,000 a year from your parents? The rest of the world has to take out student loans for college. Heck, my parents are giving me $3500 a year and I really thought I was getting a lot and was super fortunate to have $3500 less in loans than I could. I avoided talking about that with my friends because I was like "I'm lucky I don't want them to think I'm rubbing it in their face bc Idk what other people's situations are" and come to find out they're so entitled and self absorbed they don't even see how INCREDIBLY lucky they are to have parents who can afford to send them to college without needing loans. SOME PEOPLE GET $0 PER YEAR. Seriously these people need a reality check. Like... I love you but why can't you look outside your own situation?

So I had a similar attitude in high school, but it wasn't that I thought the money my parents were giving me wasn't enough. I had my heart set on a private school and when you're 17, you don't realize how debilitating massive loans can be, it didn't seem like a big deal to rack them up. I'm glad now that my parents basically made me go to a state school, but I was really upset about that at the time.

So I had a similar attitude in high school, but it wasn't that I thought the money my parents were giving me wasn't enough. I had my heart set on a private school and when you're 17, you don't realize how debilitating massive loans can be, it didn't seem like a big deal to rack them up. I'm glad now that my parents basically made me go to a state school, but I was really upset about that at the time.
This is where we are at right now. Non-cp just got deferred from her ED, but found out today she made one of the top state schools (which of course she does not want to go to). Her ED was also a state school but one within a private school. Now we will wait to see where else she makes between now and April and play state school messages subliminal messages at night while she is sleeping in the meantime.

On a slightly related (to the "suing your parents") note, why are the people at my school so entitled? Like we're seniors so we're obviously thinking about college and they're all like "my parents won't let me go anywhere more than $20,000" because they don't want me to have loans" and "well my parents are only giving me $12,000 a year so I'm basically screwed" :confused: How can you be mad about "only" getting $12,000 or $20,000 a year from your parents? The rest of the world has to take out student loans for college. Heck, my parents are giving me $3500 a year and I really thought I was getting a lot and was super fortunate to have $3500 less in loans than I could. I avoided talking about that with my friends because I was like "I'm lucky I don't want them to think I'm rubbing it in their face bc Idk what other people's situations are" and come to find out they're so entitled and self absorbed they don't even see how INCREDIBLY lucky they are to have parents who can afford to send them to college without needing loans. SOME PEOPLE GET $0 PER YEAR. Seriously these people need a reality check. Like... I love you but why can't you look outside your own situation?
There are so many people at my school like that, too. Most people aren't even applying for scholarships because they expect their parents to pay for them. I just don't understand how some people feel so entitled. Both my parents paid their own way through college, so I always thought I would do the same. I really like a lot of the private schools I've looked into, but my parents said I can only go if I get substantial scholarships. I've been lucky enough to get enough from one of my top choice out of state private schools to bring it down to an in-state public school. My parents said they will cover what they can, but they expect me to work to pay the rest. I am so thankful for that and I don't understand how some people can be so ungrateful.

Random thought: What do you guys think of youth junior and senior teams competing against each other within the same level? I did some research on the allstar games and saw thats how it will be judged. Never seen it before.

Random thought: What do you guys think of youth junior and senior teams competing against each other within the same level? I did some research on the allstar games and saw thats how it will be judged. Never seen it before.

I mean technically all three are compared when teams go for level grand champion at comps.

I feel like this was directed at me cuz I asked someone about it in the new uniform thread the other day. I just don't like seeing my negative ratings go up for no reason lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think you gave me a negative rating for sticking up for our gym once, so I guess "for no reason" is up for interpretation!

I think you gave me a negative rating for sticking up for our gym once, so I guess "for no reason" is up for interpretation!
Hmm did I? I'm sorry! I said "no reason" because mine was an old thread rating on a uniform that had just been posted lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got woken up at almost 1:30 in the morning by the worst stomach pain I've ever felt by far. I really don't feel good but it's finals week and I have no option but to go to school. Yay!

Last edited:
I'm so frickin mad right now and I feel like I should vent here so I dont write a nasty notice back to this brat and regret it later.

I work with this girl that is widely regarded as being very very lazy. Everyone dreads working shifts with her because she is always on her phone.

This dumb brat left a community notice to let me know that "the kitchen floor is absolutely filthy and you need to be mopping better". Exact quote. Uhh girl, 1. I am a senior staff member and you are not, so watch your mouth. 2. YOU WORK THE PM SHIFT AT FOUR PM. I MOP AT FOUR AM. There are THREE mealtimes by the time you walk your lazy behind in the door a half hour late, so whyyyy are you looking at me for the floor being dirty. Did it possibly occur to you that we work in a home full of brain injured adults, and the floor might be dirty after twelve hours of use...?

What a moron. I just cant.

My school is requiring a mandatory online sexual assault training video/test. If you don't complete it you can't begin next semester classes.

I totally agree with this, however, it's 2 hours long and it's due tomorrow. In the MIDDLE OF FINALS WEEK. Why didn't they send the email and make it due like three weeks ago. Ugh.

Back