OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Whats keeping me sane is that the majority of millennials voted Hillary. We know what kind of America we want to live in... we want America to be a place EVERYONE feels welcome in. EVERYONE.

More people across America voted for Clinton than Trump. She won the popular vote.

I am not only concerned about people but also about the environment. Neither trump nor pence believe in climate change and are apt to irrevocably damage the environment.

More people across America voted for Clinton than Trump. She won the popular vote.

I am not only concerned about people but also about the environment. Neither trump nor pence believe in climate change and are apt to irrevocably damage the environment.
Thats why I urged my parents to join the Green Party and to vote for Stein (if only I was old enough to vote for her), but since she didn't have a chance, I understand why they didnt vote for her. Sadly many people I know don't know about the Green Party and other 3rd parties. (we did a mock election and I was that 2.5% of the school to vote for Jill Stein. Also, Keep in mind that my school has about 750 students in it.)

That is actually one of my big concerns as well. We've finally made huge improvements for the present and future, and that can be so easily undone and rendered unrepairable in the coming four years.

Racism and sexism and prejudice have all existed before Trump came into this election. A president does NOT dictate how you need to treat your family and friends and acquaintances. Nor, will a president dictate how they should treat you. From what I've seen, the negativity about Trump is blown out of proportion for drama. Sure, he's needs to control his mouth, but I think a lot of his babbling is word vomit or things said for defensive reasons. He was never groomed to be a politician and it's obvious he lacks the finesse for debating and public speaking.

Yes, it all existed before---the problem is now people think it's okay to come out with it. Trump is a symbol for hate for these people and that symbol just won.

***ETA: I do not believe everybody who voted for Trump is a bad person, I do believe that the majority of the people who came out of the woodwork to vote for him are.*

Forget the racism, sexism, bigotry and everything else that is Trump (JK, I can't), but can we talk about the vice president for a minute? He denies evolution. He wants all LGBT persons to be sent to CONVERSION THERAPY. He wants to ban all abortion and require BY LAW that if I miscarry or have an abortion that meets his very limited criteria I have to hold a burial service for the clump of cells. He opposes funding for HIV/AIDS treatment. Along with Trump, he denies climate change.

I'm not saying anyone is going to assassinate Trump (though I did see tweets suggesting it), but DT will be our oldest president to date. In addition to that, I've seen so many, "Don't worry Trump will get impeached" posts. DO WE NOT REALIZE WHO WILL TAKE OVER THIS COUNTRY IF ANY OF THOSE SCENARIOS HAPPEN?! Pence is just as terrifying.

My mom said something about an assassination attempt today and I screamed "NO!" before I could even think straight. Pence is worse---Pence is so much worse. We literally lose in every single direction this went.

Non of this is true. Where do you get this stuff???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She is talking about Pence, not Trump and all of what she said is true about our future VP.

can someone explain the point of the electoral college? how could it be that a woman that got 200,000 votes MORE than her opponent loses? Is it a good system that just didn't seem to work this year? (At least in my opinion...)

can someone explain the point of the electoral college? how could it be that a woman that got 200,000 votes MORE than her opponent loses? Is it a good system that just didn't seem to work this year? (At least in my opinion...)
Quick answer on the electoral college....Basically, your electoral votes are the same amount as your representation in congress. More people in your state = more representation in congress = more electoral votes. It is rare for the person winning the popular vote to not also win the electoral vote. This election is the 5th time it's happened in Presidential voting history.

I know that this has been a very contentious election. We had 2 divisive candidates, and right now tempers are high and nerves are short. While I have no intention of stopping this conversation, I do ask that you take a breath and read through your comments before posting. No one can understand what it is like to walk in another person's shoes, nor can you tell them to feel a certain way just because you do. I would like this conversation to continue, because that's how change/understanding happens...but only if we can keep it civil.

Quick answer on the electoral college....Basically, your electoral votes are the same amount as your representation in congress. More people in your state = more representation in congress = more electoral votes. It is rare for the person winning the popular vote to not also win the electoral vote. This election is the 5th time it's happened in Presidential voting history.
gotcha. very sad that it's come to this situation. I think it's awful that people have to live in a country where they're fearful of their leader, but I do realize this is not isolated to USA alone. Is an impeachment possible? I saw something on twitter saying it wasn't too late to get Hillary to be president because the electoral college doesn't officially vote until December 19th? Not sure how much validity is in that though..

Think of it from a strategy stand point only. If the popular vote was all that counted the candidates would only focus on California, Texas, New York, Florida, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Georgia, Michigan, and North Carolina. The remainder of the states opinions wouldn't matter. The media always states we are a democracy, we aren't, we are a Republic "... and to the Republic for which it stands. ". There is a difference. Without the electoral college a handful of states would run the country.

gotcha. very sad that it's come to this situation. I think it's awful that people have to live in a country where they're fearful of their leader, but I do realize this is not isolated to USA alone. Is an impeachment possible? I saw something on twitter saying it wasn't too late to get Hillary to be president because the electoral college doesn't officially vote until December 19th? Not sure how much validity is in that though..
Well...when you are voting, you are actually voting for the electors. I think it's something like 30 states have laws binding their electors to voting for the person that won their state. It's extremely rare for an elector to not vote for the person who won their state, though there have been some that have. You could probably count them on one hand though.

ETA: I forgot to add, regarding impeachment. The House can bring charges of impeachment 0f the President for committing a crime. The Senate will then hold a trial. In order for a conviction, 2/3 majority is needed. 2 President's have been impeached in our history, and both were acquitted. Trump can't be impeached currently...he's not President yet...and would have to commit a crime in the eyes of the House.

Last edited:
Think of it from a strategy stand point only. If the popular vote was all that counted the candidates would only focus on California, Texas, New York, Florida, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Georgia, Michigan, and North Carolina. The remainder of the states opinions wouldn't matter. The media always states we are a democracy, we aren't, we are a Republic "... and to the Republic for which it stands. ". There is a difference. Without the electoral college a handful of states would run the country.

I don't know that I agree with that necessarily. I know the thought is by going to a true popular vote system, the rural areas vote is devalued. BUT, a candidate would have to win more than just the urban vote. Not to mention, Congress is set up to have equal representation in the Senate, and there are many rural districts represented in the House. In fact, there has to be more non urban representation. Congress is more powerful than the Presidency. Not that any of it matters at this point. I don't see 2/3 of Congress and 38 states passing an amendment to remove the electoral. It has worked more times than it hasn't...even if it's a strange system.

There's so many people in my house right now and everyone's so loud. I can't watch AHS. That's my night tonight right now. But yeah.

This might be a stupid question, but what happens If he gets charged in the cases related to Trump university?

It would be grounds for impeachment. They would probably hold a trial, like NJ Coach just said. Unfortunately, the republicans have total contr of the government right now so the chances of them voting against their own party is slim to none.

Back