OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
‘Parks and Recreation’: Leslie Knope Writes Letter to America Following Donald Trump’s Victory
Adam Ruins Everything explains this well. (Great TV show btw, highly recommend it!)

You like to mince words in a lot of your posts. My video for her was merely to explain her question about the electoral college and how our votes are used in the election.
I guess I don't understand how Ruins can explain the electoral vote by referring to us as a democracy, especially since it's specifically designed to be anti-democracy for a reason, since we're a republic. That's kind of a big part of the explanation to me but, mince words it is.

I guess I don't understand how Ruins can explain the electoral vote by referring to us as a democracy, especially since it's specifically designed to be anti-democracy for a reason, since we're a republic. That's kind of a big part of the explanation to me but, mince words it is.
My point is I didn't post it to talk about the kind of government we had. (ETA: meaning the exact name).

And according to the Washington Post (see here: Is the United States of America a republic or a democracy? - The Washington Post ), the US is a represenative democracy. And its a constitutional democracy. And a constitutional republic. Ive even heard democratic republic. So while the US isn't a direct democracy, the term democracy can and still is commonly used to mean a broader version of democracy, not nessecarily in its purest form.

ETA: Anyways, don't really care what the heck people decide to call it because it operates the same no matter what. I'm more concerned about the safety and well being of myself, my friends, my family, my coworkers, my community members, and my fellow americans and if the progress we've made these past years will still be here 4 years from now :)

Last edited:
One of my cousin's friends was beat up in a bar in California because he's gay. I know Huffington Post has shared the story (with pictures) so far.

Is this the picture with the young man bloodied from a beer bottle? It was horrifying. Girls are afraid to wear their hijabs. Children are being taunted about being sent out the country. It's truly disgusting.

Is this the picture with the young man bloodied from a beer bottle? It was horrifying. Girls are afraid to wear their hijabs. Children are being taunted about being sent out the country. It's truly disgusting.
I believe both of these have now been proven to be hoaxes. Not to say there isn't hate in this world, but that hasn't been caused or condoned by the President Elect himself.

I believe both of these have now been proven to be hoaxes. Not to say there isn't hate in this world, but that hasn't been caused or condoned by the President Elect himself.

Yep, and for every one of those there is a story on the other side. Not sure how much I believe on either side right now. I think there is a lot of anger, a lot of hype, and a lot of people looking for something, anything to prove their point.
A LOT of tweets circulating calling for people to shoot Trump and his supporters. "Grab an assault rifle and shoot them in the head" is something I have seen a lot. No sure how much, if any of it in either side is real rather than staged but it is out there on both sides.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Not expressly, no. And not caused. But, in my opinion, his speech and actions on the campaign trail this past year is what condoned it.

Not sure of the specific ones in question but you're right, there is a lot of false information circulating out there.

Last edited:
One of my cousin's friends was beat up in a bar in California because he's gay. I know Huffington Post has shared the story (with pictures) so far.

How sad :( I haven't seen that yet, but I did just get back from cheer, sat down and this popped up on my Facebook page first...

Updated: DeWitt Junior High students formed wall to block minorities | MLive.com

Not expressly, no. And not caused. But, in my opinion, his speech and actions on the campaign trail this past year is what condoned it.

Not sure of the specific ones in question but you're right, there is a lot of false information circulating out there.

Head nod. He doesn't have to say anything, hell he doesn't even have to do anything; he can sit back and watch his supporters do it all for him.

It actually reminds me of a time where I was apart of the Twilight Fan Fiction World. Weird obsession, but I was in it when that 50 Shades of Grey trilogy was just a poorly written Masters of the Universe fan fiction. Erika had a large following that grew, not because she was a great writer, but because it didn't take much to keep them entertained. She wrote a soap opera and those are addicting. After her success, she realized she could capitalize on it (fan fiction was her test). Before it published a young fan from Russia loved the story so much she began to translate it so her friends could also read it. This angered Erika and she lashed out at the poor girl and ordered her to remove it. Her 'fans' got a hold of this information and rail roaded this poor girl. I'm talking hundreds of people over a course of days threatening this girl, her friends, her family... At one point, some of them were even threatening to Nuke the entire country because of this one girl, this fan's, actions. Erika sat back and did nothing---the girl eventually deleted all of her social media accounts and disappeared. I still wonder if she was okay after it was all said and done, but her fans were happy because they got what they wanted. But, at what cost?

When you basically have, what could be described as a cult, buy into your message humanity takes a back seat. Most of these people probably wouldn't even be considered bad people by societies standards, but make them a group and it's over. It's Mob Mentality 101.

That is what Trump is. And, honestly, even if he did come out and rage against them---even if he did call for the racism, sexism, bigotry to stop; I don't think they would. They were given the green light, courtesy of Trump's success, and they're not going to go back on that willingly or quietly.

So yes, some stories may be false and made up for attention, but not all are and the amount of stories over time is going to grow exponentially. There were always bad loud people in our country, now we've added to the group that already existed.

This is not a media blown up thing-this is real life.

Today my 8 year old nephew was beat up and called names for being half Mexican. He came home in tears and is now afraid to go to school.

I will never get over this election. It will never be ok to me. I WILL donate my money to groups that need it, makes sure I'm a better friend to everyone I know and teach my daughter better.

Today my 8 year old nephew was beat up and called names for being half Mexican. He came home in tears and is now afraid to go to school.

I will never get over this election. It will never be ok to me. I WILL donate my money to groups that need it, makes sure I'm a better friend to everyone I know and teach my daughter better.

My heart is broken for your nephew, he's the same age as my CP; if there is anything we can do, please ask. It's not much, but my daughters loved making pictures and hearts for the first responders after the tragic incidents in Orlando and Dallas, if it may help, I know they would love to put together a letter for him. If not, that is totally okay too.

My heart is broken for your nephew, he's the same age as my CP; if there is anything we can do, please ask. It's not much, but my daughters loved making pictures and hearts for the first responders after the tragic incidents in Orlando and Dallas, if it may help, I know they would love to put together a letter for him. If not, that is totally okay too.

Your daughters are amazing, and I applaud you for raising them right. I'll try and get her address because I can think of nothing more awesome for him.

I'm not sure where to put this but...
I just got the worst haircut ever the other day. I asked for two inches off and she completely butchered my hair. I went back tonight and the manager tried to fix it but it's so choppy that she had to make it even shorter... ultimately I think I ended up with 5-6 inches cut off and I'm so upset. My hair was right down to the middle of my back and now the longest part is at my shoulders and the shortest part is right below my chin. I know it's just hair but every time I look in the mirror I want to cry because I didn't want this at all and my hair grows so slowly. Does anyone have tips for hair growth? Does biotin really help?
I'm sorry, I know this isn't the topic we're on but I'm just so upset over this and any advice would be helpful.

Awful.

How is the school handling it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its great that trump is all for LGBTQ rights, but his racial remarks have done, in my mind, permanent damage regardless if he were to turn around and says he loves all races all of a sudden. I dont think riots are going to end anytime soon, You cant tell people that you want to send them back to their own country because you dont agree with their religion or claim that mexicans are rapists, etc. And then expect people to be all rainbows, when you try to take it all back.
Im not surprised trump won the majority of the south, the south is known historically for a reason and now we've opened that big ol' can of worms back up again. I dont blame people for rioting, especially people of color and differing nationalities. However i dont think they should be taking that anger out on any ol' white person driving in their car, thats called assault and you deserve to sit in jail.

in other news good ol George Zimmerman is claiming a black man tried to assault him for trying to shake his hand... Can someone take this guy off florida's hands already...

Friends of mine who work in the school system have to try to find the words to comfort hysterical kids because all they think is their parents have to leave the country because they r Spanish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back