OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
This might be an odd question, but what do you think motivated most people to vote for Trump? I just can't wrap my head around what really made people vote for him , seeing how he presented himself during the campaign. To me he just seems so unlikeable , nothing like Obama, who on the contrary always came across as a very likeable character (asides from the main political issues)
I just can't believe anything that comes out of his mouth

Over here some people have been worried ever since the election, that we might have a similar turnout whenever our election comes around. Our chancellor has made some questionable decisions these past 2 years when it came to the refugee situation. I personally think she was just trying to do something positive which backfired but there are a lot of people here who area really mad at her for it and are prone to vote for a very questionable party. So seeing how DT brought so many people on his side with his racist comments and outbursts really worries me too and again, makes me wonder why people really voted for him
I can think of a few reasons. A lot of people just dislike HC more with her history. Some people will vote for their party no matter who the candidate is. And some people probably thought of the other implications this election had on the future as there is a supreme court justice position available that the president selects and many people probably would rather that be a Republican leaning justice than Democrat (again aligning with their party views). And then there's those people who actually believe and agree with the nonsense that comes out of his mouth lol

This might be an odd question, but what do you think motivated most people to vote for Trump? I just can't wrap my head around what really made people vote for him , seeing how he presented himself during the campaign. To me he just seems so unlikeable , nothing like Obama, who on the contrary always came across as a very likeable character (asides from the main political issues)

Over here some people have been worried ever since the election, that we might have a similar turnout whenever our election comes around. Our chancellor has made some questionable decisions these past 2 years when it came to the refugee situation. I personally think she was just trying to do something positive which backfired but there are a lot of people here who area really mad at her for it and are prone to vote for a very questionable party. So seeing how DT brought so many people on his side with his racist comments and outbursts really worries me too and again, makes me wonder why people really voted for him

Because people have become so very frustrated with the way things in This country have been run. The way the middle class has been treated, and the pervasive corruption in Washington. They were grasping at anyone who promised something different than more if the same. Most people who voted for him weren't voting for racism. These is NOT what this election was about for most people. It's what our mainstream media wants to portray it as. It's about the fact that the middle class has been devalued and taken advantage of. They have been overtaxed and under appreciated and pushed to the side. Their vocies haven't mattered for the 8 years Obama was in power. Those who voted for Trump did so because yo vote for Hillary meant more of the same. It meant a liberal agenda continued to erode their rights and freedoms.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Shout out to the election for helping me dodge a bullet in my dating life. I previously dated a guy for a while (see 18+ thread description, though I never updated. We did, in fact date for a while) and ended it based on weird gut feelings with zero substance other than I trust my gut and it wasn't normal to feel that way. Fast forward to the last 3 weeks. We still work/school together and see each other approximately 50 hours a week. I've caught myself questioning why I ended it recently and wishing I had him back. Then Trump gets elected. I've witnessed him high-fiving other Trump supporters because he can't wait to get rid of the ... and deport them (... = all the mean/horrible/derogatory names he used) I've heard him degrade women and gay people. I've heard him say he now could just grab whatever girl he wanted by the .. cat. Not once did he ever display those characteristics in our relationship.

So "thanks" Trump for opening the door to the closeted racist, homophobic, misogynistic a-holes so I know who to avoid and who not to date. LOL that he once discussed wanting to marry me and have kids. Sorry my future kids, and especially my future daughters will NEVER put up with that. BYE.

....People voted for him to take back "our" country and to make it great again. He gave a voice to the "voiceless" (to let some people tell it)

American history has never been great, but that's neither here nor there

I will say that personally here in SC (our state always goes red... Republican), that I noticed a lack of obvious and outright support for him. There were less yard signs and bumper stickers that I noticed as compared to McCain or Romney. Support for those candidates was very obvious and vocal whereas support for Trump in my experience was very much quiet, and closeted.

Also. My father. Who is a The African American, such as myself, voted for Trump (there goes to boom). I would also like to mention that my father, who is a The African American, such as myself, was married to a Mexican woman prior to my mother and as a result I have two half Mexican siblings and several half Mexican (because they married black and Mexican spouses) nieces and nephews. (boom boom pow). So clearly I can see the lines here in this election were not solely drawn on race

But where it was and is, it is bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure where to put this but...
I just got the worst haircut ever the other day. I asked for two inches off and she completely butchered my hair. I went back tonight and the manager tried to fix it but it's so choppy that she had to make it even shorter... ultimately I think I ended up with 5-6 inches cut off and I'm so upset. My hair was right down to the middle of my back and now the longest part is at my shoulders and the shortest part is right below my chin. I know it's just hair but every time I look in the mirror I want to cry because I didn't want this at all and my hair grows so slowly. Does anyone have tips for hair growth? Does biotin really help?
I'm sorry, I know this isn't the topic we're on but I'm just so upset over this and any advice would be helpful.
I'd be pissed too if I wanted 2 inch cut then ended up with 6 off. Hair is hair yeah but if you don't like it that goes out the window. FYI don't say that to NA girls (hair is hair it'll grow back) unless you want to be given the evil eye lol. I started to use vitamins for hair and nail growth. I've also used calcium gummies and it seemed to work. My hair grows super slow also but I've seen a bit of growth after using those vitamins.

Donald Trump told Americans he could bring back the 'good ole days' that most American's miss. The reality is, he can't actually do that, but some people don't care about the facts. And by 'good ole days' I mean the days when a high school diploma was all you needed to survive. America used to be a country where you could leave high school, take on a blue collar job and make enough to live comfortably. You may not have had all of the luxuries in the world, but you had clothes, food and shelter. Famously, FDR and his creation of the alphabet of soup government agencies tapped into this to bring us out of the recession in the 20's. In some areas, he put millions to word building roads and infrastructure. Sure, it was hard word, but it was a job and all people needed was a job with pay. That America has died with the advent of new technologies. What used to take 20,000 people can now take 2-3. And with these technologies came to decrease in factory jobs; another large source of blue collar work. We have had nothing to replace these industries. Blue collar work continues to exist; my husband is in that field, but we don't need the numbers we used to and most now require tech school or an equivalent to really make enough to survive on. This is really where the bulk of his votes came in and sadly, they're going to be the most disappointed.

I genuinely question whether or not people really understood what a DT Presidency meant and I'd like to think most didn't think it true. He denies climate change, he doesn't believe our own intelligence agencies and now has access to everything we know about everything (this alone should terrify people), he continues to misstep on twitter even after winning, he doesn't respect the Constitution, and as the oldest guy we've ever elected---if he dies, we are left with an even scarier guy who also doesn't believe in climate change, but also doesn't believe in evolution and believes you can shock the gays straight.

Our country is screwed...so royally screwed and we have no one else to blame than the 47% of Americans who voted for him. I'm gonna continue to stick with the 53% who can say "Not it" when our country burns for this.

Shout out to the election for helping me dodge a bullet in my dating life. I previously dated a guy for a while (see 18+ thread description, though I never updated. We did, in fact date for a while) and ended it based on weird gut feelings with zero substance other than I trust my gut and it wasn't normal to feel that way. Fast forward to the last 3 weeks. We still work/school together and see each other approximately 50 hours a week. I've caught myself questioning why I ended it recently and wishing I had him back. Then Trump gets elected. I've witnessed him high-fiving other Trump supporters because he can't wait to get rid of the ... and deport them (... = all the mean/horrible/derogatory names he used) I've heard him degrade women and gay people. I've heard him say he now could just grab whatever girl he wanted by the .. cat. Not once did he ever display those characteristics in our relationship.

So "thanks" Trump for opening the door to the closeted racist, homophobic, misogynistic a-holes so I know who to avoid and who not to date. LOL that he once discussed wanting to marry me and have kids. Sorry my future kids, and especially my future daughters will NEVER put up with that. BYE.

I have cut ties with a lot of people after this election because it showed some true colors that I just don't support and want to be associated with.

Donald Trump told Americans he could bring back the 'good ole days' that most American's miss. The reality is, he can't actually do that, but some people don't care about the facts. And by 'good ole days' I mean the days when a high school diploma was all you needed to survive. America used to be a country where you could leave high school, take on a blue collar job and make enough to live comfortably. You may not have had all of the luxuries in the world, but you had clothes, food and shelter. Famously, FDR and his creation of the alphabet of soup government agencies tapped into this to bring us out of the recession in the 20's. In some areas, he put millions to word building roads and infrastructure. Sure, it was hard word, but it was a job and all people needed was a job with pay. That America has died with the advent of new technologies. What used to take 20,000 people can now take 2-3. And with these technologies came to decrease in factory jobs; another large source of blue collar work. We have had nothing to replace these industries. Blue collar work continues to exist; my husband is in that field, but we don't need the numbers we used to and most now require tech school or an equivalent to really make enough to survive on. This is really where the bulk of his votes came in and sadly, they're going to be the most disappointed.

I genuinely question whether or not people really understood what a DT Presidency meant and I'd like to think most didn't think it true. He denies climate change, he doesn't believe our own intelligence agencies and now has access to everything we know about everything (this alone should terrify people), he continues to misstep on twitter even after winning, he doesn't respect the Constitution, and as the oldest guy we've ever elected---if he dies, we are left with an even scarier guy who also doesn't believe in climate change, but also doesn't believe in evolution and believes you can shock the gays straight.

Our country is screwed...so royally screwed and we have no one else to blame than the 47% of Americans who voted for him. I'm gonna continue to stick with the 53% who can say "Not it" when our country burns for this.
i have an extremely hard time believing trump will try to make things affordable. He may be all for scrapping obamacare, which had a lot of hopes and promises but in the end was a complete failure (from personal experience of having to be on obamacare, it sucked. bad) but that doesnt mean he's going to make healthcare affordable.
he's all about money and flash i cant see him making things cheap and free.
i truly dont know what goes on in that mans head, maybe all the years of being filthy rich and having everyone around you say "yes" to everything you do and say,etc has killed a few brains cells in his head.
i think he's in for a rude awakening, if not already considering all the protests occurring. Many politicians in congress have already spoke their concerns about him, so i wouldnt be surprised if congress goes to s**t. Congress could barely get along during Obama's years. I can only imagine the h*ll that will occur with Trump.

I have cut ties with a lot of people after this election because it showed some true colors that I just don't support and want to be associated with.

I've made peace with lots of "lesser-of-two evils" in their opinion Trump voters. Unfortunately there will be a few of those sitting around my Thanksgiving table. :rolleyes: I've made peace but I'm still not over the outcome of the election and I cannot hide that fact.

But the people who, seemingly overnight, have morphed* into evil, hateful people not afraid to share those views with the world? Not afraid to act on those ideals? GONE. (*Obviously they have not morphed, they were faking all along and suddenly feel comfortable letting the world know how they really feel.)

And since your avatar is Lin/Ham, I've been blasting "Immigrants" all day. Such a great song. So timely. So many great lines. And I was proud of myself for understanding most of the Spanish verses, even though I had to translate a few lines.

i have an extremely hard time believing trump will try to make things affordable. He may be all for scrapping obamacare, which had a lot of hopes and promises but in the end was a complete failure (from personal experience of having to be on obamacare, it sucked. bad) but that doesnt mean he's going to make healthcare affordable.
i truly dont know what goes on in that mans head, maybe all the years of being filthy rich and having everyone around you say "yes" to everything you do and say,etc has killed a few brains cells in his head.
i think he's in for a rude awakening, if not already considering all the protests occurring. Many politicians in congress have already spoke their concerns about him, so i wouldnt be surprised if congress goes to s**t. Congress could barely get along during Obama's years. I can only imagine the h*ll that will occur with Trump.

I don't think he'll make anything better or more affordable; economically, I think we're going to see another recession. Trickle down economics, which is something Ryan pushed for under Romney and will likely push for with Trump in office, will only widen the gap between the rich and the poor. The middle class is a dying population and his economic policies are not pro-middle class in any which way or form. The very people who got him where he are, are the very people he cares the least about. The saddest part, is those people don't have a clue who they've truly voted for. They looked past the rhetoic in the hopes of a change he can't promise and now their lives, at least for the next four years, will continue to slide even worse than they are now.

As for the ACA; he can't repeal it. Any promise he made about Obamacare going away completely was a lie and all Republicans knew this. If they could have gotten rid of it, they would have over the past 6 years but it's too attached in too many areas of the government. He could gut it and reform it, but it won't go anywhere. The LA Times did a good piece of the whys and hows. Despite Republican pledges, 'repealing Obamacare' will be almost impossible — but it could be vandalized - LA Times

I've made peace with lots of "lesser-of-two evils" in their opinion Trump voters. Unfortunately there will be a few of those sitting around my Thanksgiving table. :rolleyes: I've made peace but I'm still not over the outcome of the election and I cannot hide that fact.

But the people who, seemingly overnight, have morphed* into evil, hateful people not afraid to share those views with the world? Not afraid to act on those ideals? GONE. (*Obviously they have not morphed, they were faking all along and suddenly feel comfortable letting the world know how they really feel.)

And since your avatar is Lin/Ham, I've been blasting "Immigrants" all day. Such a great song. So timely. So many great lines. And I was proud of myself for understanding most of the Spanish verses, even though I had to translate a few lines.

I still have some supporters of Trump in my life but I know why they voted for him---I still think they're wrong and aren't going to get the things they hope to see, but I can respect their stances. It's, like you, the people who have changed seemingly overnight who have gotten the ax.

And yes, I wanted to kiss Lin-Manual for releasing those songs when we so desperately needed them. They put the first smile on my face after the election results came in. Hamilton has been my jam for I don't even know how long---on election day my CP wore her Jefferson shirt because if she could have voted, she would have gone with the most Jefferson choice of the options.

Regarding trumps attitude towards things: he lives in a different reality than 99% of the nation he now has to lead. When you have massive amounts of money and massive amounts of power, the world works differently for you; some laws don't apply to you or they dont work the same way they do for you and me, borders don't exist, everyone is potentially out to get you, you have little animosity depending on who you are, etc. Some are so out of touch/have been this way for so long that they dont know how much a cup of coffee at starbucks costs. It's fascinating in a completely frustrating way. There was a really interesting NPR podcast on this a few weeks ago. (Nothing mind-blowingly new was reported but it was crazy to hear how the rich and powerful live and what their financial planners(?) say about them.)

I'm not completely familiar with his upbringing and childhood but I'd wager he has never experienced what "reality" means for the people in this country and doesn't understand the common man's issues. My entire family's salaries combined is chump change to him. His world is just completely different. This is a big reason why I can't see him being a successful public servant. He is so completely out of touch with the world, moreso than most government officials. Its apparent from the derogatory comments he's made - probably things he gets away with saying on a daily basis because the earth revolves around him in his own reality and no one will tell him other wise. His comments in the past have probably had little or no consequences because he is top dog, which is why he probably feels he doesn't need a filter.

He will make a horrendous public servant. Being the president is a thankless job, people hate you no matter how much good you bring forth into the world. The salary for president is $400,000 a year and the job is grueling. $400,000 is nothing to a man who is worth a couple billion. The man lives for being the center of attention and loves to be the entertainer which is not what the president is. He is going to have to work tirelessly whether he wants to or not. And at 70 years old, thatd be the last thing I'd want to do. The only thing bringing me happiness over this election is how absolutely miserable he will be for the next 4 years. I really don't think he knows what he's gotten himself into.

Regarding trumps attitude towards things: he lives in a different reality than 99% of the nation he now has to lead. When you have massive amounts of money and massive amounts of power, the world works differently for you; some laws don't apply to you or they dont work the same way they do for you and me, borders don't exist, everyone is potentially out to get you, you have little animosity depending on who you are, etc. Some are so out of touch/have been this way for so long that they dont know how much a cup of coffee at starbucks costs. It's fascinating in a completely frustrating way. There was a really interesting NPR podcast on this a few weeks ago. (Nothing mind-blowingly new was reported but it was crazy to hear how the rich and powerful live and what their financial planners(?) say about them.)

I'm not completely familiar with his upbringing and childhood but I'd wager he has never experienced what "reality" means for the people in this country and doesn't understand the common man's issues. My entire family's salaries combined is chump change to him. His world is just completely different. This is a big reason why I can't see him being a successful public servant. He is so completely out of touch with the world, moreso than most government officials. Its apparent from the derogatory comments he's made - probably things he gets away with saying on a daily basis because the earth revolves around him in his own reality and no one will tell him other wise. His comments in the past have probably had little or no consequences because he is top dog, which is why he probably feels he doesn't need a filter.

He will make a horrendous public servant. Being the president is a thankless job, people hate you no matter how much good you bring forth into the world. The salary for president is $400,000 a year and the job is grueling. $400,000 is nothing to a man who is worth a couple billion. The man lives for being the center of attention and loves to be the entertainer which is not what the president is. He is going to have to work tirelessly whether he wants to or not. And at 70 years old, thatd be the last thing I'd want to do. The only thing bringing me happiness over this election is how absolutely miserable he will be for the next 4 years. I really don't think he knows what he's gotten himself into.

Agreed. Even if you just look at his posture in the WH sitting next to Obama, he seems...almost frustrated. Obama is looking at him, his shoulders are high and his eyes almost say, "This is on you now, bud. You thought you could do it, so do it..." while Trump spend most of his time leaning forward, hands together, elbows on his knees, looking towards the ground. I have no doubt that Trump knows how to work hard because I don't think he could have gotten where he has without putting in the time---but, this is an entirely different form of hard work. This is no-sleep, people counting on you for every second of every day, no privacy, with choices made for you. I honestly think the utter lack of privacy is going to kill him in ways he hasn't even come to terms with yet.

And you are absolutely right about how out of touch Trump is with the average American. His father loaned him a million dollars (in present day would be closer to $6-$7 million dollars) and he built an empire. But this empire wasn't built with a clean slat---if I thought Romney was a screwed businessman he is tame compared to Trump who has filed bankruptcy too many times to count. He has also put thousands of other companies out of business because those bankruptcies meant he didn't need to pay them. And now we're supposed to trust him with our money? You can't borrow from China and then file Bankruptcy? That isn't how this works.

However, beyond everything else, the fact that he now has access to the highest level of intelligence information we have is enough to keep me up at night. He has no filter or tact and doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut. Not only that, but we now have reason to believe he has had communication with Russia the entire time? GTFO

I wouldn't say I have zero hope our country can even survive 4 years of Trump, but it's close.

Back