OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Wow, thanks for all the options. This makes me sooo excited. I love good food + might just be moving there for college! I'm going to check out UT. There're also cheer tryouts that weekend, which I'm attending! Hook 'em!
Good luck! I cheered with a few of the girls that are/were on All Girl there & they loved it. Of course, cheering during football season in Texas is something to be experienced for sure, which is a fun aspect to the program!

I did happen to go to the rival school, but I'll let that slide ;) hahaha (Gig 'em......). Overall though, Austin is a really fun city & UT does have several great programs at their university. I can respect that :D

Have fun and eat lots of deliciousness!

:banghead:ughh wedding planning is so stressful !!!!!!! im trying to stick to the budget, but i clearly live in a very expensive town to be getting married.

I don't know much....or anything about One Direction the group. I've heard a few songs. I couldn't point any of them out in a line up....maybe the Harry one

But anyway I googled Zayn and he's the cute one. The cutest by far. In fact I think I told my 9 yr old niece that once now that I think about it...and she told me I was too old for him and I told her to get out of my house.

Anyway. It's always sad when the cute one breaks free and leaves the rest

Do they all sing? I'd think they all did since they were solo acts on xFaxtor. Or is one the Beyoncé and the rest are just the Michelle's-Kelly's-Farrah's-LaTavia's-LeToya's of the group?

Was Zayn the Beyoncé or the Posh spice of the group (she just stood around and looked pretty )

I'm trying to figure out the magnitude of this loss.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only thing I've learned from Twitter is he sings the high notes. That's all I know about him and the dynamics of the band. I don't think he's the Beyonce of the group though.

Well, since I was the one complaining about movie prices...I think they're pretty close in Chicago and NYC. Not quite as high, but it's still about $15-16 to see a movie here. So I'm going to continue bellyaching. :eek:

Drinks - I agree. I cannot imagine finding a drink for less than $10 here, unless I made it myself, at home.

ETA - good luck with your fur baby! (and lmao at sorority people. Agreed!)
You and I can whine together...everyone else can shut it. If I want halfway decent prices on anything, I drink wine. And even then it's often $10 a glass. Hence NYC's obsession with Happy Hour.

Thanks! I'm really excited. I've decided I'm going to start vlogging with it (seeing as I've been wanting to, and hopefully it might help it get adopted quicker)..Foster Fur Baby Fridays. I get the companionship without having to pay for vet bills or anything (all I need to worry about it litter/food and some of the extras like a cat bed). Still a bit more than a fish, but I like helping.

you really don't have to be ashamed, the world can't stop moving because of what has happened, it's just a sad time over here and you just can't blend it out because it's everywhere 24/7!

I think i would go absolutely crazy if i was you , plus , i really don't understand how Teenagers don't know how to use a dishwasher or how to wash their clothes, i know a lot of people who have no clue how to do that too and it really makes me wonder . Like it's so easy how can you not be able to do that??!
I can't help but always think like that. When I'm having a bad day I remind myself that there are sick and homeless people everywhere and I have it good so I need to get over myself. I know that sounds harsh but it always makes me get over whatever I'm feeling sorry for myself about.
And I agree, it's not rocket science, lol. I think she did what my brother often does and screwed something up so she wouldn't have to do it again. Not that she expected it to break anything, but you know.
Maybe she can do the dishes the old fashion way like wash them by hand in the sink lol.

Eta: funny story we never had a dishwasher growing up. I asked my mom why once. Her response was I do I have 3-you and your sisters lol
She actually does that occasionally. I'm trying to teach her (I feel like I'm talking about a 9 year old) to at the very least rinse the dishes off and I'm willing to load them in the dishwasher, lol.
I'm stuck on the not going to school after getting a cavity filled

I've gone to school-work-cheered at a game And so forth after getting a filling.

Is this Not normal?

I've always carried on with my life as well. I mean, it was her first one, but as someone who wasn't put to sleep, then went out of town to a church conference two days after getting my wisdom teeth removed, I don't feel a lot of pity for her. Especially since her appointment was at 8 this morning [emoji19]

I can't help but always think like that. When I'm having a bad day I remind myself that there are sick and homeless people everywhere and I have it good so I need to get over myself. I know that sounds harsh but it always makes me get over whatever I'm feeling sorry for myself about.
And I agree, it's not rocket science, lol. I think she did what my brother often does and screwed something up so she wouldn't have to do it again. Not that she expected it to break anything, but you know.

She actually does that occasionally. I'm trying to teach her (I feel like I'm talking about a 9 year old) to at the very least rinse the dishes off and I'm willing to load them in the dishwasher, lol.

I've always carried on with my life as well. I mean, it was her first one, but as someone who wasn't put to sleep, then went out of town to a church conference two days after getting my wisdom teeth removed, I don't feel a lot of pity for her. Especially since her appointment was at 8 this morning [emoji19]
Haha yes it's weird to me that you have to teach some a simple task when they should already know it. I mean I've been washing dishes since I was a kid. Eventually I ended up having a dishwasher when I lived/worked for a family but I always ended just washing the dishes myself lol.

2nd week of PiYo and Turbo Kick and I am sooooooo. hooked. Like, just knowing I get to go puts me in an awesome mood all day long. I have never been so excited to work out!!!! :) so happy I finally found something I like to do that isn't cheerleading lol

Last week my boyfriend and I went to go see Insurgent and while we were waiting for the theater to open up we were watching one of the TVs in the lobby and they had a promo running for Champions League and he asked if we were going to go see it this year!

As a frame of reference, when I realized that the theater in town was playing it last year I asked him if he would go with me and he said yes, so I bought the tickets on fandango that morning. Later that afternoon he started getting all pissy because he didn't want to watch cheerleading for that long and was in the worst mood the whole time. Funny how things change ;)

Double post I didn't even know you all were talking about one direction :oops:. I was like what the heck is directioners?

I don't know much....or anything about One Direction the group. I've heard a few songs. I couldn't point any of them out in a line up....maybe the Harry one

But anyway I googled Zayn and he's the cute one. The cutest by far. In fact I think I told my 9 yr old niece that once now that I think about it...and she told me I was too old for him and I told her to get out of my house.

Anyway. It's always sad when the cute one breaks free and leaves the rest

Do they all sing? I'd think they all did since they were solo acts on xFaxtor. Or is one the Beyoncé and the rest are just the Michelle's-Kelly's-Farrah's-LaTavia's-LeToya's of the group?

Was Zayn the Beyoncé or the Posh spice of the group (she just stood around and looked pretty )

I'm trying to figure out the magnitude of this loss.
I have lived through the One Direction years for 3 years now? Maybe 4 who knows. I can just tell you that I have seen them with cp 3 times in concert and a 4th time listening to them in the parking lot at Giant Stadium while waiting for cp and her friend. They put on a great show and seem to truly appreciate their audience and how far they have come.

They all sing. Niall is probably the weakest link singing wise but has improved since they formed the band. He does play guitar throughout the concerts so that is a plus in my book. They have done a good job showcasing all of them on different songs and truly keeping them a band rather than a soloist or two and backups.
Imho, Harry is the most talented vocally with Zayn second (because of his range) but the rest are talented as well. I am actually surprised he left and now, mid-tour. I always figured Harry would be the first to go, but he is the youngest so there is that factor (as you can see I know way too much about 1D but this is what the car rides to and from cheer do).
Ironically if you watch the X Factor shows you will see that Zayn is the anti-Beyonce in that he cannot dance to save his life (or he was just more inhibited than the others and had a harder time with performing).

I'm pretty embarassed I know this much about them....but if you saw cp's room and her lifesize cardboard cutout of Harry, you would understand. Fortunately for my musical tastes she has been more into Fallout Boy as of late....but she is still devastated.

so this is really random, but i was watching an old 2010 video of SE winning worlds, and noticed the announcer guy saying how the top three teams would have to compete later that night for tv production, which im guessing is espn. i honestly never knew that this entire time, did they always use to do it that way or was it just that one year back then.
It was just that one year. Then again this year. That year they did not have the ESPN cameras set up that early so Large Senior and I think Large Coed did their routines again for filming later that day. Senior Elite had new dance music for that performance, maybe new stunt music too? They might have used the new stunt song for the earlier performance. I can't remember.

I have lived through the One Direction years for 3 years now? Maybe 4 who knows. I can just tell you that I have seen them with cp 3 times in concert and a 4th time listening to them in the parking lot at Giant Stadium while waiting for cp and her friend. They put on a great show and seem to truly appreciate their audience and how far they have come.

They all sing. Niall is probably the weakest link singing wise but has improved since they formed the band. He does play guitar throughout the concerts so that is a plus in my book. They have done a good job showcasing all of them on different songs and truly keeping them a band rather than a soloist or two and backups.
Imho, Harry is the most talented vocally with Zayn second (because of his range) but the rest are talented as well. I am actually surprised he left and now, mid-tour. I always figured Harry would be the first to go, but he is the youngest so there is that factor (as you can see I know way too much about 1D but this is what the car rides to and from cheer do).
Ironically if you watch the X Factor shows you will see that Zayn is the anti-Beyonce in that he cannot dance to save his life (or he was just more inhibited than the others and had a harder time with performing).

I'm pretty embarassed I know this much about them....but if you saw cp's room and her lifesize cardboard cutout of Harry, you would understand. Fortunately for my musical tastes she has been more into Fallout Boy as of late....but she is still devastated.
My roommate was speculating how many millions Zayn had to shell out to break that 5 album contract...

She also thinks that once they finish that 5th album the entire band will go separate ways. hmmmm.

Was in the hospital tonight. Went to work today and was almost in tears because my knee was hurting so bad! I hurt my knee in January and did physio for a suspected acl/mcl/lcl tear. Had my MRI and it was "normal" but doctor today thinks part of my issues are maybe due to arthritis in my knee from cheer and that I probably do have a tear in my mcl/lcl but it's too small to see on the MRI. So referred to sports med doctor to figure out my issues and get them to prescribe a knee brace. My knee was soooooo swollen after work yesterday and today. :/

My roommate was speculating how many millions Zayn had to shell out to break that 5 album contract...

She also thinks that once they finish that 5th album the entire band will go separate ways. hmmmm.
He'd already left the tour due to 'stress' (thank you, nonsense Facebook news I don't give two hoots about)..something about his fiance? I don't care despite what the 'Book thinks. Maybe it gave him an ease to break it.

All bands have to break up eventually, and very few get back together or have the staying power. I'm surprised they lasted this long to be honest. But hey! FOB came back..not that I care anymore :D

Good luck! I cheered with a few of the girls that are/were on All Girl there & they loved it. Of course, cheering during football season in Texas is something to be experienced for sure, which is a fun aspect to the program!

I did happen to go to the rival school, but I'll let that slide ;) hahaha (Gig 'em......). Overall though, Austin is a really fun city & UT does have several great programs at their university. I can respect that :D

Have fun and eat lots of deliciousness!

Haha thank you! Football was never a big thing at my school, so I'm really excited to possibly being a part of something so big and such an awesome tradition. Tryouts will definitely be an experience in itself, I'm sure!:D

Back