OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I love that most European grocery stores do that. We have so many plastic bags in garbage dumps that just stay there forever.

Well, like @Miialovescheer said, we still have the small plastic bags for fruits and vegetables (not much choice there, you can't really have 10 apples rolling around at the bottom of your cart). But yeah, I remember before big bags were a thing, we had a huuuuge amount of small, thin plastic bags at home (in my family, we don't throw anything away). We used them as garbage bags for the waste baskets in our bedrooms, but other than that they just pile up and they don't have much use.

Well, like @Miialovescheer said, we still have the small plastic bags for fruits and vegetables (not much choice there, you can't really have 10 apples rolling around at the bottom of your cart). But yeah, I remember before big bags were a thing, we had a huuuuge amount of small, thin plastic bags at home (in my family, we don't throw anything away). We used them as garbage bags for the waste baskets in our bedrooms, but other than that they just pile up and they don't have much use.
I've bought sturdier heavier plastic shopping bags which are all I pretty much use at this point. At my main supermarket, they have a scanning system so you scan each item and put it in the bag as you shop, and when you get to check out you scan a code that then brings up your entire purchase and you pay and go (and everything is already in the bags all set). At the other one I typically go, they check you out but then pack it in the bags. It is such a little change to make but I like to feel it makes a huge long term difference for the environment.

I've bought sturdier heavier plastic shopping bags which are all I pretty much use at this point. At my main supermarket, they have a scanning system so you scan each item and put it in the bag as you shop, and when you get to check out you scan a code that then brings up your entire purchase and you pay and go (and everything is already in the bags all set). At the other one I typically go, they check you out but then pack it in the bags. It is such a little change to make but I like to feel it makes a huge long term difference for the environment.

I agree, it's not a huge effort to make, actually once you're used to it it's really not an effort at all.
We pretty have the same systems here (the device with which you scan the items as you grab them, there are self check-out machines, and regular check-outs), the only difference being you bag your own groceries. I've once seen a couple (I assume they were foreigners) watch the employee scan their items. The items piled up. After they payed, the employee started to scan the items for the next clients, but there wasn't much room left. They were a bit startled and then picked everything up quickly.
So, just a heads up if anyone buys groceries in France. Bring your own bag (or ask for one at the register, but it'll be charged) and pack your own groceries ;).

Any vegetarians here?? I recently read an article about rennet and whey, and I'm really torn if I should eat whey or not. I've eaten it in the past, but not sure if I "should" now...

I'm no longer a vegetarian - but I didn't eat rennet, but they do make a vegetable rennet and a parmesan cheese with that version if you look for it.

to avoid double posting - @Just-a-Mom was it you who loved the fake bake self-tanner? i can't remember who it was now, but if it was you, do you also use the separate fake bake face? or can i just use the regular for my face?

I'm no longer a vegetarian - but I didn't eat rennet, but they do make a vegetable rennet and a parmesan cheese with that version if you look for it.

to avoid double posting - @Just-a-Mom was it you who loved the fake bake self-tanner? i can't remember who it was now, but if it was you, do you also use the separate fake bake face? or can i just use the regular for my face?
Yeah, I don't eat rennet. But I'm kind of torn when it comes to whey, because it's not really from an animal but I think it can contain animal products. And it's in LOTS of different chocolate, chips and cakes.

It took me almost 8 hours to write a 6 page paper today. I hate it when then don't just flow out of my fingers onto the screen. Hopefully it makes sense so I don't need to re-write it. My brain is friend

Is anyone really good at HMTL!?!? I get to do an independent study for school this semester and I'm using my blog to post my writing so I'm trying to update my theme template. Found a great template online but having lots of trouble getting my links to work. Am willing to just give someone (who is trustworthy) site information to fix it for me. Please DM if good at this kind of thing

If you can catch it (I'm sure they will rerun it or have it on demand) I highly recommend it. Due to TLC's stellar run of programming over the past few years I had doubts about how it but the premiere was compelling and really drew me in (probably because Jazz and her family are so amazing). I'm looking forward to future episodes.

I set my DVR and I think it caught it for me today at 11am or maybe it's recording Saturday at 11? Either way I'll get to watch at some point this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had an interview today from my recruitment as a hollister model. Please wish me luck!! I would be ecstatic to get this job. I was the only girl there with four other guys, so I hope they need a girl. I honestly think I did the best out of the group. The only thing that worries me is everywhere online I read after stresses natural makeup and no eyeliner and I wore eyeliner. I didn't wing it like normal but I'm still scared! I just really want this job.

Had an interview today from my recruitment as a hollister model. Please wish me luck!! I would be ecstatic to get this job. I was the only girl there with four other guys, so I hope they need a girl. I honestly think I did the best out of the group. The only thing that worries me is everywhere online I read after stresses natural makeup and no eyeliner and I wore eyeliner. I didn't wing it like normal but I'm still scared! I just really want this job.
Good luck! I looooved working at hollister, but I know my coworkers hated it there lol. You should get the job! They are always hiring more people. Hopefully you aren't looking for too many hours, they only give people usually 1-2 4 hour shifts a week. (Unless you're a favorite. I was lol) let me know if you have any questions!

Eta- I just quit three weeks ago because my cheer staffing job is starting up. I cried when I had to leave and my manager still texts me to ask to come in and work.

Good luck! I worked at Abercrombie Kids and it was pretty fun. I mean they do stress natural makeup once you're hired but I wore a bit of eyeliner in my interview and still got it hahah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know this is crazy, but I was wondering - If that song by 5th Harmony- Worth It sounds too much like a PussyCat Dolls song?

Last edited:

Yep it's me. And I put the regular right on my oily face. I don't have a separate one for faces (didn't even know there was such a thing)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Lately I've had people try to correct me or reassure what I'm saying about CA. What I don't understand is why you would try to tell someone something about a gym that they go to? For example I tweeted about two cali teams the oher day (that my friend and I are on) and I had a cheer twitter tell me I need to research more because those two teams are from separate locations. I didn't reply but like.. it's obvious I go to cali so I was really confused why they tried to correct me?

In other news, I've been placed as point flyer this season and I'm workin' my lil butt off. :D

Back