OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
He does a lot of wood work, but he has a lot of tools already or they run super expensive. He watched Jeopardy, the news, and old movies but he doesn't watch any old movies on DVD, only on TV. He's not into sports and sucks at technology. He likes history? So maybe a historical book. Like he's read about presidents and wars and such.

Maybe a gift card to Lowe's or whatever place he likes to shop for wood and tools? I know it seems impersonal but it is practical and something he'll actually use.

And I don't think you're starting too early, I already have my whole list planned and budgeted in an app. I bought the first thing (just a stocking stuffer) yesterday.

He does a lot of wood work, but he has a lot of tools already or they run super expensive. He watched Jeopardy, the news, and old movies but he doesn't watch any old movies on DVD, only on TV. He's not into sports and sucks at technology. He likes history? So maybe a historical book. Like he's read about presidents and wars and such.

How about some kind of "experience gift" you two can do together? Go to the movies, go hiking, go to a museum he'd like, etc. That way he not only gets the experience but also some time with you.

@Ems my dad is the same way. LL Bean is my best friend. A pair of "duck boots", a barn coat, a pair of flannel lined jeans (if you live somewhere that gets cold in the winter), a travel bag - they have so many options for practical people!

@Ems my dad is the same way. LL Bean is my best friend. A pair of "duck boots", a barn coat, a pair of flannel lined jeans (if you live somewhere that gets cold in the winter), a travel bag - they have so many options for practical people!

Not LL Bean (though my parents love LL Bean), but along the same line - my dad loves those fleece lined crocs because he can wear them when he's working with his wood and tools in our basement in the winter. They're comfy and easy to clean if something gets on them. So maybe that's also an idea @Ems ? Or maybe look up some organization solutions he might need for his tools and work space (if he has one).

Thanks everyone for all your ideas! Now I have to think about my mom because my idea fell through. I was going to get her favorite lotion, but I can only get it from places in Europe and they won't ship it to the US.

Thanks everyone for all your ideas! Now I have to think about my mom because my idea fell through. I was going to get her favorite lotion, but I can only get it from places in Europe and they won't ship it to the US.
Well, you know, there might be some fierceboarders in Europe that could help out ;).

Well, you know, there might be some fierceboarders in Europe that could help out ;).
That would be amazing! I have paypal! I looked into it a little more, apparently US Customs won't allow shipment of lotion for commercial use...

I'd check with the FDA to see if the specific lotion can be imported into the US. There's a slim chance one of the ingredients isn't legal in the US.

That reminds me, I should look into what the regulations are for shipping food items into Canada. I might ask my brother to send some pop-tart flavours that aren't available in Canada.
A local store actually carried it for the longest time, which is how my mom found it. We know the owner and she said the company didn't want to ship internationally anymore, it was too much of a hassle for them.

Literally three of the top things I want for christmas and I'm a 20yr old girl LOL

Ughh my new job is making it almost impossible to continue planning my wedding. They don't release schedules to the last minute, and most of the companies don't like doing short notice appointments...
I want to rip my hair out at this point....:banghead:

Ughh my new job is making it almost impossible to continue planning my wedding. They don't release schedules to the last minute, and most of the companies don't like doing short notice appointments...
I want to rip my hair out at this point....:banghead:
Can't you just schedule an appointment and then request that particular time off from work?

Back