OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
There was both an attempted and a successful armed robbery (within an hour of each other) last night on my campus and the suspect(s) fled in the direction of my house. So comforting considering I live alone [emoji4] It doesn't help that my school is in the most dangerous part of town, so stuff like this happens every couple of weeks.
that's very scary!! Do you have an alarm system?

There was both an attempted and a successful armed robbery (within an hour of each other) last night on my campus and the suspect(s) fled in the direction of my house. So comforting considering I live alone [emoji4] It doesn't help that my school is in the most dangerous part of town, so stuff like this happens every couple of weeks.

Yikes, I feel your fear though. I live in a big city, and where I used to live had a lot of problems. (granted, where I live now isn't that much better, but there are always a ton of cops out.) Someone tried to break into my apartment while I was asleep! My landlord got me this big pole that can be adjusted. It sat under the door knob and the leg extended to the floor at an angle. It basically prevented the door from being opened without serious force. If you can find one, I would recommend getting one. After than night, I slept with a hammer next to my bed too, just in case.

since when the hell do we have tornado warnings? flash floods and mud slides... yes. tornadoes... no.

2eklu8k.png

Florida didn't start getting dangerous tornadoes until about 10 years ago---sure they came as part of hurricanes, but to have one just sprout up? Nearly unheard of. Now, these warnings are common in certain areas. Welcome to Global Warming!

Any advice for buying pom poms? Is it worth it to buy expensive one's from Varsity, or are cheaper one's equally as good?

You get what you pay for! Go for the Varsity brand. I've had a pair of Varsity ones from my CP's pom class when she was 3---they still look great 4 years later with minimal effort.

My Varsity poms I had in high school held up for 3 seasons of constant use and on the go before they needed to be replaced. My college poms were Chasse and needed to be replaced after two months (it's not in the budget to do so so they are stuck with gross looking poms for a few years).

For reference I had metallic poms in high school and just plain plastic in college.
Yes worth it! We had GTM ones in the past and they would shed little Pom pieces all over the court every game, including the first time we used them.

Our varsity ones barely ever shed. Like maybe we lose 15 tiny Pom pieces from 22 poms a whole season compared to the GTM ones where we probably lost like 20 pieces a game).

ETA: we had metallic poms from GTM and regular plastic from varsity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Absolutely worth it! The plastic ones or a mix with plastic will hold up better/last longer.
You get what you pay for! Go for the Varsity brand. I've had a pair of Varsity ones from my CP's pom class when she was 3---they still look great 4 years later with minimal effort.
Thank you for your insight!! I just sent all your responses to my gym to try to convince them to buy Varsity pom poms. Hopefully they will agree to it.

that's very scary!! Do you have an alarm system?
I don't, but my mom has been insisting I get one since I moved here. (Which is funny, because I don't tell her about half the stuff that goes on [emoji23]) I'm thinking I might look into it more now.
Yikes, I feel your fear though. I live in a big city, and where I used to live had a lot of problems. (granted, where I live now isn't that much better, but there are always a ton of cops out.) Someone tried to break into my apartment while I was asleep! My landlord got me this big pole that can be adjusted. It sat under the door knob and the leg extended to the floor at an angle. It basically prevented the door from being opened without serious force. If you can find one, I would recommend getting one. After than night, I slept with a hammer next to my bed too, just in case.
See, I would almost expect to be scared in a big city, but where I live isn't even that big. Like, it should not be as dangerous as it is lol. If someone actually tried to break in my house I'd be terrified though! I have solid dead bolts and a neighbor who I can just about hear sneeze, so if I was in trouble I feel like he'd coming running to help. Interesting weapon of choice, though! Strange as it sounds, I keep wasp spray by my bed. It started when I had a wasp problem in my room but when I eradicated that I just kept it there. It's a good ranged weapon that could disarm someone pretty easily if you shot them in the face. I have it all thought out [emoji23]
ETA speaking of neighbors, mine on the other side put out a Donald Trump sign today. That almost makes me more uncomfortable than the shootings/robberies...

Double post -

We're having to put my 10 year old dog down in the morning :( a week before Christmas she had a stoke and hasn't shown many signs of improvement, while we don't believe she's in any pain.....she can't walk or use her front legs, she's miserable :( if any of you can keep my family in your prayers it would be greatly appreciated!

I have had to put 2 dogs down in my life :( it is seriously the hardest thing ever, I still cry about it when I think about it to this day...

I have had to put 2 dogs down in my life :( it is seriously the hardest thing ever, I still cry about it when I think about it to this day...
My mom had to put her older dog down Monday. I dread that day as mine is 15 /16 and on 2 meds for arthritis. He's so stiff and sore some days he can't walk. Hate to think about it!

Double post -

We're having to put my 10 year old dog down in the morning :( a week before Christmas she had a stoke and hasn't shown many signs of improvement, while we don't believe she's in any pain.....she can't walk or use her front legs, she's miserable :( if any of you can keep my family in your prayers it would be greatly appreciated!

:( we just went thru this with our older dog a couple of days before Christmas. She was a rescue dog that we had for about 12 years. She was a great dog so it was really difficult. My husband, daughter and son went -and stayed with her- I said my good bye at home. I was too emotional. Prayers and thoughts for your family.

I'll spare you the details but both my dogs were hit by cars a year ago and we had to put down the older one because he wasn't going to make it through surgery. Suffice to say, when I left the doggy ER after holding him while the vet administered everything, I was hysterical and all the techs and vets were crying because of me. Most horrible thing ever.

Back