OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
@cheerbear @Angelica @U.E. Cheer

Its so weird hearing you guys talk about applying to nursing school. Is it common in other areas to have to take tests to get in? The school I go to has the top nursing school in the state and as long as you're direct admit to the program you don't have to take any of the tests you guys are talking about.

yeah I know that for both California (where i'm actually from) and Texas (where I go to school) there are relatively strict restrictions in terms of GPA and entrance exams for being accepted into nursing programs. For Baylor specifically, it's a 3.0 GPA and above 80 on the english and math sections the HESI. so not super extensive requirements but the GPA factor is usually what gets people due to the rigor of some of our science courses.

My college (in Kansas) requires the TEAS test andI know that our nursing program is really good. That's about all that I know lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Collin College in Dallas requires students to take that one

yeah I know that for both California (where i'm actually from) and Texas (where I go to school) there are relatively strict restrictions in terms of GPA and entrance exams for being accepted into nursing programs. For Baylor specifically, it's a 3.0 GPA and above 80 on the english and math sections the HESI. so not super extensive requirements but the GPA factor is usually what gets people due to the rigor of some of our science courses.

Ouch!

My old gym officially started practicing in their new facility tonight! I'm so pumped for them. Our old facility (pictured below ft me in the back) had 4.5 panels of spring floor - the other wall is right behind the photographer if you can't tell. The gym has only been open this season and last season (so almost two) and already upgraded to the awesome facility in the second photo! It has a full dead mat and a full spring floor with a waiting room. I haven't seen it in person but definitely plan to go visit soon (carless college student problems). They had to do a lot of renovations and just cleaning of the facility so it's taken a while to get in there but how awesome for them to finally have a full floor to practice on! I'm also a big fan of the awesome giant banner because that's the kind of thing that in my mind is a "big gym" thing because I never cheered anywhere with custom stuff like that! And it looks so official. Okay sorry for the huge photos I'm just living vicariously through them
11083648_682880588523954_7465431594024596073_n.jpg

12524128_865598663585478_5688524847835742490_n.jpg

ETA My sister and my big are in nursing school - good luck to all of you! I know getting in is super competitive and the first semester is really tough (of course all are! But first semester, at least here, is known as the hardest). So best of luck to those of you applying and YOU CAN DO IT to those already in!
It looks amazing!!!

That happened to me last year...except we lost so my hands hurt and I cried.

Well now you can cry happy tears :) since your boys won! But unfortunately today we got killed in semi finals :(. Good thing I couldn't go today or else I would have cried too.

TurboTax is my life saver. I've filed my taxes 3 times with the free version online. And, you can E-file, so you don't have to print all the stuff out and get it to the post office. Granted, my taxes are simple (full time student, full time job, no assets). But, the system is so easy to use.

Unfortunately, when your income exceeds a certain level a simple tax return just doesn't cut it and I have a Tax Accountant that sort through all the documents...Believe me, it is complicate and 1 day you young people will find out, if you continue with your education and get a job making more than 6 figures, you will pay in taxes... My Tax Accountant E-file my federal, but NJ wants the tax forms mailed, so that is why, I am at the US Postal Service at 11:30pm in a long line....

I always used TurboTax...but this year I used H&R Block online. Same refund and they were significantly cheaper...win win

Unfortunately, when your income exceeds a certain level a simple tax return just doesn't cut it and I have a Tax Accountant that sort through all the documents...Believe me, it is complicate and 1 day you young people will find out, if you continue with your education and get a job making more than 6 figures, you will pay in taxes... My Tax Accountant E-file my federal, but NJ wants the tax forms mailed, so that is why, I am at the US Postal Service at 11:30pm in a long line....

I only hope to have this "problem" when I get older[emoji14]

ETA:

I always used TurboTax...but this year I used H&R Block online. Same refund and they were significantly cheaper...win win

I used H&R Block's free file program this year and it was beyond easy to complete. It felt like someone was holding my hand through the entire thing which was so nice since taxes are intimidating and this was my first time doing them by myself.

I don't make more than 6 figures and I owe every year

In high school economics l learned that the goal is to not get a refund at the end of the year. Your want YOUR money during the year as YOU earn it. So I adjust my with holdings so that they take exactly what they need each pay period...and I myself set aside more money than the government would take for my "refund" and put it into a saving account of my own. Don't let the government send you a check of your own money. The only exception is the EITC but the reality is that isn't money you earned....

I ended up getting a significant raise on Nov1 which threw things off a bit, but after claiming student loan interest I ended up only owing $19. But other years I've come out even at $0 or owing $2

But I do mine myself. turbo tax

@ErinS, yes, I understand the idea of not wanting to get a refund, geesh, but I chase down every deductions street, avenue, etc and I donate, pay loads toward charities, etc... and I still must repay Uncle Sam back $$$thousands in taxes every year, somehow, I've grown to hate tax season...

PS: I may end up like 1 of my Uncle (15 years ago), who got audited because he had a strange tax form, when he filed he had over 50 dependents, including me, my brothers, cousins, 6 dogs, 7 grandkids, umpteen great grandkids-some were not even born yet, neighbors' kids, etc...If my Uncle ever given you any money, example birthdays, baby showers, any kind of celebrations, etc... If my Uncle gave you $5 or more, he added your name to his taxes as a dependent... However, the computer system really messed him up...he had no SS#s for all his pets...Thank God, the IRS, took my Uncle's age in account and not arrest him, but he was forced to give back the money... Crazy, but true! Lol

Last edited:
I owed the state of North Carolina five dollars this year. FIVE. DOLLARS. First time I've ever owed. #petty

My federal refund was significantly less than I thought it would be as well. Then I broke my computer screen the other day so anything I'm getting back it going to that. HOORAY TAX SEASON.

I owed the state of North Carolina five dollars this year. FIVE. DOLLARS. First time I've ever owed. #petty

My federal refund was significantly less than I thought it would be as well. Then I broke my computer screen the other day so anything I'm getting back it going to that. HOORAY TAX SEASON.
I am pretty sure you are a lovely lady...but don't get offended if I am not jumping up and down with glee for you...:(

I think, the last time I got a refund was probably 30 years ago and that was when my son (28 yo) was in daycare, ca-ching!

Back