OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
My only "complaint" about the show is that it felt waay too short. Even though it's almost 3 hours long, it felt like I blinked and Act 1 was over. But I got to see most of the original cast (Jon, Renee, Sydney, and Ariana were out), so no complaints about that. Stage dooring was intense, though. But not too bad for my first time seeing a show on Broadway.

And then earlier in the month I got to see Evita, and it was better than the 2012 revival. Helps that all but one of the leads have been in Broadway shows before.

Yes, I agree. It could have gone on forever - as it is in my head!!! Lin-Manuel is obviously my fave, but also LOVED Daveed Diggs, Leslie Odom, Renee Goldsberry, they were perfect. Next to Hamilton, I had heard so much about their performances and they were more than what I expected. But King George (Rory O'Malley) was an absolute Hit and I thought Eliza (Phillipa Soo)'s voice was soft and beautiful but powerful, made a really nice contrast to the bold voices of the guys. As far as the stage door - had to walk in the street to get past that crowd, it was massive and I had get my niece to the Port Authority to catch her bus (Hamilton was her first Broadway show also. She loved it!!!) and I had to go to work. I only work around the corner and maybe one night I'll fancy myself over there and try to sneak pics with the cast. I'm sure that is probably harder than getting tix. lol.

I saw Evita back in 1979! Can't remember what she did, but my girlfriend's sister had a job that had some sort of hook up and she took a group of us to see Comin' Uptown (with Gregory Hines) and later Evita. We were seniors in high school and thought that was so cool! I try and do the cultural thing as much as I can (and afford). I saw the beautiful ballet The Nutcracker at Lincoln Center around the holidays and Shuffle Along on Broadway 2 months ago and heard the opera Madama Butterfly last month at the Met and this month Hamilton. There is so much to do and see in the City - tons of free stuff, too - but some, not so free. :)

Last edited:
Daveed really is something else. He outshines that ridiculous magenta velvet suit. I also became a fan of Oak after seeing the show; he doesn't get enough credit for his work. And as sad as I was to miss out on Renee, I was happy to see Alysha (the standby for all 3 sisters) since I knew I'd never get a chance to hear her sing. Especially since I live on the opposite side of the continent. Which is also why I got a ticket to Evita, since it was likely my only chance to see Ramin Karimloo live.

When I was there, they usually started setting up the barricades for the stagedoor-ing maybe 15-20 mins before the show ended. And then the actors take an hour or so after the show ends to come out. The security guy who was there the night I saw the show was great. He told the crowd if certain actors weren't gonna come out, and entertained us with stories about other shows he had worked at. (Megan Hilty is super nice, and Rock of Ages attracted some weirdos who would bring strange gifts to the stage door.) I know some of the cast isn't fond of people lining up when they weren't at the show, so bring your Playbill with you.

I meant to type Next to Hamilton, Jefferson was my favorite character, but Aaron Burr was great, too. How do you choose? lol. I actually loved the purple jacket, I thought it matched his crazy swag. :) Something I just learned, I was reading the playbill and saw that Lin-Manuel did Bring It On - the Musical. We saw that with a bunch of CJA parents and kids when my daughter cheered there. I had no idea. It was a nice show. Not earth shattering, but for cheer people it was great!

I am pretty charming - at least I think so. I have a way of schmoozing my way to the front of a line. lol A few years back I was taking a little break and walking around - saw a group of people and was noisy and wanted to see what was going on. The theater was between 6th and 7th, so I didn't realize it was actually a theater. Anyhoo, I start making my way towards the front and see Michael C. Hall taking pics and signing playbills. I almost lost my mind - Six Feet Under is one of my favorite series and also love Dexter. I couldn't remember his real name, I was like, OMG, it's Dexter. I kept inching my way and smiling at people, offering small conversation and before you know it, bang - I was at the front of the line. I asked would he take a picture with me. He was adorable!!! I handed the guy I just schmoozed past my camera to take the picture. It is probably the worst picture I have ever taken. I am smiling so hard, my cheeks were about to burst so my eyes are almost closed. The look on my face is pure crazy!! The guy took two pics and they both looked the same and he had the nerve to tell me that it was nice. :) But I will take your advice, I grabbed 4 playbills on my way out, I'll keep one at work, so if I decide to go over, I'll bring it with me. Just thinking that besides the actors, I don't think those Hamilton fans are gonna be too forgiving of me trying to make my way to the front of the line. Might have to fight.

I just got a new job! (or earlier today sweish time but still) Ive been knowing about this for about a month but due to problems with getting the correct papers i just signed the last ones today! yay! such a good way to start the weekend that im going to watch the swedish nationals with!

I just got a new job! (or earlier today sweish time but still) Ive been knowing about this for about a month but due to problems with getting the correct papers i just signed the last ones today! yay! such a good way to start the weekend that im going to watch the swedish nationals with!
Congrats!

@Eyes On The Prize @Jersey Cheer Mom
There's a rumor this was from their Tony performance rehearsal.

Ok I hope that's not true. Wait for it was one of the ones I didn't want to see. I think lin tweeted that they were going to do atleast two partial songs mashed up for the tonys. I had my hopes set on second act songs.

But if it is true then I am happy for LOJ that he gets to be a featured performer at the tonys. Still hoping he wins Leading Actor over Lin.

Still trying to write a paper I started Thursday. It's not even long. I just have no motivation. :(
YOU CAN DO IT!

Speaking of school, I'm trying to pick my year 10 subjects (Aus has no cool names like freshman, sophomore, junior, senior we just have 9, 10, 11, 12) and it's so hard...I hate making decisions.

Back