OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Ok I hope that's not true. Wait for it was one of the ones I didn't want to see. I think lin tweeted that they were going to do atleast two partial songs mashed up for the tonys. I had my hopes set on second act songs.

But if it is true then I am happy for LOJ that he gets to be a featured performer at the tonys. Still hoping he wins Leading Actor over Lin.
I just saw it less than a week ago. Too soon for me to be objective. Too emotional. Still in awe. They can stand there and whistle a tune and I'll clap and cry. Lol

I just saw it less than a week ago. Too soon for me to be objective. Too emotional. Still in awe. They can stand there and whistle a tune and I'll clap and cry. Lol

Lin is too good at his job. I still cannot get through "Everything I Know" from In The Heights or Eliza's "Can I show you what I'm proudest of?" part of "Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story" without choking up a bit. It's been months of me listening to it.

The only way to recover from his shows are to listen to the soundtracks again and again and again. The epitome of "hair of the dog". He casually rips your heart out and puts it back in just rip it out again and leaves you staring at it on the stage floor asking "how am I supposed to feel right now?" He's a mastermind of emotions. I will never forgive him.

I only listened to the album for the first time about a month or so ago and I already decent obsession with the show and I envy anyone that has gotten to see it in person. I made a hamilton fund and Im saving my extra money so that within the next year I can score tickets and go see it in person. My AP US History class has been listening to the album now that we have finished for the year with instruction. Ugh much love for Hamilton and for Lin

Lin is too good at his job. I still cannot get through "Everything I Know" from In The Heights or Eliza's "Can I show you what I'm proudest of?" part of "Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story" without choking up a bit. It's been months of me listening to it.

The only way to recover from his shows are to listen to the soundtracks again and again and again. The epitome of "hair of the dog". He casually rips your heart out and puts it back in just rip it out again and leaves you staring at it on the stage floor asking "how am I supposed to feel right now?" He's a mastermind of emotions. I will never forgive him.
Yes!!!!!! I first listened to the soundtrack from YouTube because coworker was supposed to burn CD. I couldn't wait, went to Barnes and Noble, bought it and have listened nonstop. I'm an emotional mess. I go to work tonight. Can't wait to see my coworkers so we can get our Hamilton on!!

Yes!!!!!! I first listened to the soundtrack from YouTube because coworker was supposed to burn CD. I couldn't wait, went to Barnes and Noble, bought it and have listened nonstop. I'm an emotional mess. I go to work tonight. Can't wait to see my coworkers so we can get our Hamilton on!!

If you are really into wasting more time than you thought was acceptable with Hamilton, you should check out the genius site (here). Fans and Lin have annotated all the lyrics to all the songs from Hamilton. It's really, really amazing the depth and density and cleverness of the lyrics.

(Click on the lyrics that have boxes around them and notes pop up on the right hand side of the screen pertaining to those lyrics in particular.)

I only listened to the album for the first time about a month or so ago and I already decent obsession with the show and I envy anyone that has gotten to see it in person. I made a hamilton fund and Im saving my extra money so that within the next year I can score tickets and go see it in person. My AP US History class has been listening to the album now that we have finished for the year with instruction. Ugh much love for Hamilton and for Lin
Oh, my dear, I hope you can go. I had never listened to the soundtrack, I had only heard a few songs and the Graamy's video and clips here and there. I was obsessed with seeing the show because of the hype and I love Lin-Manuel and my friends who are theater buffs were insane over the performance. I was completely blown away. Crossing my fingers you get tix!!

If you are really into wasting more time than you thought was acceptable with Hamilton, you should check out the genius site (here). Fans and Lin have annotated all the lyrics to all the songs from Hamilton. It's really, really amazing the depth and density and cleverness of the lyrics.

(Click on the lyrics that have boxes around them and notes pop up on the right hand side of the screen pertaining to those lyrics in particular.)
Thank you!!!! Will be waisting lots of time obsessing!!!

In my commute, I perform Act I on the way there and Act II on the way home daily ;) anddddd Wait for It still makes me cry. Every. dang. time.

In my commute, I perform Act I on the way there and Act II on the way home daily ;) anddddd Wait for It still makes me cry. Every. dang. time.

You could've saved yourself a lot of heartbreak if you just pretended Act II didn't exist.

cb6c646e3c48edf68fd9f57f02325f40.jpg

But I can see you killing it as Eliza and angelica at the same time. Like when you try to sing all the parts of songs at once.

Like someone on Tumblr said, "I could listen to Christopher Jackson riff the dictionary".

That's so funny you say that, I was just telling my coworker the other day that I want to see how fast Daveed could rap the dictionary.

Also yes to Chris Jackson. One Last Time is my current fav ham song simply because they are quoting sections of Washington's actual farewell speech verbatim. (What an over achiever @Lin). I am DYING to see the video of CJ singing that for the Obama's on the PBS special. Dying.

Lin refers to the ignoring of Act 2 as "the Into the Woods method".

I know One Last Time is supposed to be all sad and stuff because it's his farewell song, but I like the sound of his voice too much to find it sad. And to that picture: yes. If I have it on at work, I always kind of hold my breath while hoping I don't hear "WHERE IS MY SON?!" Same thing with 10 Duel Commandments and The World Was Wide Enough. (It kills me that the line about the world being wide enough for Burr and Hamilton was actually said by Burr.)

Things I didn't need to know.

Idk if I told you but my brothers graduation speakers at his college ceremony were 1. a Broadway producer who produced Kinky Boots, Legacy Blonde, and a quadrillion other shows I don't remember and 2. The guy who owns the set design company that produce a bajillion show sets a year and they did hamilton's set. They both graduated from our college which was super duper awesome to find out. I told my brother if he didn't talk to those guys that I'd be so mad at him. (He got a theatre degree and wants to do sound.) Luckily he did get to talk to them both before he graduated so we are on good terms for the time being.

He always gets all the cool speakers. His high-school speaker was Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor. All of my speakers at both graduations were nobodies. I can't believe we went to the same high school and college and both years he gets all the good people. It's not fair.

Back