OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
b646b9015b0ad7f8ca68a71ed7509228.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have stayed quiet til now-- but I'm sorry-- faulting a family for doing what they think is best for their child is the most uncaring comment anyone can make. I don't care what your political affiliation is, but you do what's best for your kids.

How many military families decide to have one parent stay behind until the end of the school year? Many families do this.

I wish my parents hadn't moved me mid year when I was 9. I had anxiety and stomach issues and it sucked!

GTFO all this crap and focus on something that might truly make a difference in the world.

I stayed behind THREE times for my kids because it was best for THEM! I didn't care what anyone else thought... it wasn't their business... as their mom I did what was best for them. The funny thing is that I could totally see if the decision was made to move his son mid school year... the same crucifying would be going on "OMG what a crap family for tearing their 10 year old out of school and away from his friends" There are so many bigger issues out there... yes, this is likely going to snarl traffic in NYC but I really wouldn't take it as a "they honestly don't care about anyone else" thing.

I stayed behind THREE times for my kids because it was best for THEM! I didn't care what anyone else thought... it wasn't their business... as their mom I did what was best for them. The funny thing is that I could totally see if the decision was made to move his son mid school year... the same crucifying would be going on "OMG what a crap family for tearing their 10 year old out of school and away from his friends" There are so many bigger issues out there... yes, this is likely going to snarl traffic in NYC but I really wouldn't take it as a "they honestly don't care about anyone else" thing.

Doubt that. Malia and Sasha were Barron's age and younger and started Sidwell Friends mid year Chelsea Clinton started SF mid year.

I remember in the coverage when they made a big deal about children returning to the WH in 2008 they showed Amy Carter footage on the first day of school in winter gear, and they said it was a big deal because she went to a predominately black public school....so I'd assume she started mid year in January.

So no....since it seems in presidencies with president elects with school aged kids, they start school in DC mid year, I doubt DT would be crucified for moving his kid mid year and if they had it would have been silly, since it's the norm.

It's along lines of President Obama remaining in DC until Sasha graduates. Would there have been uproar and tabulations of cost had the Obamas elected to continue to school their kids in Chicago...the cynic in me that watched people nit pick them for 8 years says yeah, but we will never know because they didn't do it. They moved, changed schools and got Bo (that was the election compromise right?)

Barron isn't my problem or my concern, he didn't ask for any of this and what they do with him (and any other presidential kid) is whatever. We don't know what's going on with the kid and it's not our business either way.

For me personally the minor kids or the kids that had no footprint on the campaign are off limits.

TBH I don't even recall what Barron looks like. In my head he's M. Culkin in Richie rich.

Or minkus' son on Girl Meets World.

Last edited:
It reminds me of an episode of the West Wing. The President-elect was going to move into the WH, and the wife and kids were going to stay home to finish the school year. It was going to be a strain on the secret service, and the security that would've had to have been instituted convinced them to have the kids transfer immediately. Of course that's fiction, and I have no basis for knowing if any of it has real world implications. BUT, I don't fault the Trumps with wanting the kid to stay till the end of the year. He's a child. He didn't ask for any of this, or any of what will become his daily life.

I agree with @ErinS . He's off limits for me too.

New Gilmore Girls TOMORROW!!!! So excited. Unless they make her get back together with Dean or Jess. Not here for that.

Also Happy Thanksgiving, Fierce Friends!! Enjoy your day!

I'm *irrationally* for GG. They can't have her get back with Dean, he just faded away and wasn't even in Season 6 or 7. Jess I'd be okay with, but I'm 100% Team Logan, which I know isn't the popular option! The fact that tomorrow isn't a holiday here and I have to work and NOT watch it is making more and more annoyed!

I'm *irrationally* for GG. They can't have her get back with Dean, he just faded away and wasn't even in Season 6 or 7. Jess I'd be okay with, but I'm 100% Team Logan, which I know isn't the popular option! The fact that tomorrow isn't a holiday here and I have to work and NOT watch it is making more and more annoyed!

Nope, I'm with you. I loved Rory and Logan. If she has a love interest at all, and it's not someone new, it better be Logan. I hated Jess and once Dean cheated on his wife, I hated him.

Back