OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I'm looking at buying a new suitcase. Do you guys recommend a soft side or a hard shell for airplane travel?

If you're carrying on, it doesn't really matter. If you check your bag, then hard will last longer.

I had to get a new bag a year ago and got a Victorinox 22 inch bag (red) and I love it. Still looks brand new, but I very rarely check.

**Come on, newbies...I'm too old for this.**

Best place to sell textbooks for cash? Chegg killed my dreams in 2.5
That's why I rent all my textbooks. I went through that issue one semester and never did it again! Also, if you decide to rent books next semester, bookrenter is actually cheaper than chegg for most books. Plus they're super easy to return.

Ill be checking it since I'll need to bring two weeks worth of clothing and everyday items with me.

I could never get two weeks of clothes in a single bag.

Good luck!

I'm looking at buying a new suitcase. Do you guys recommend a soft side or a hard shell for airplane travel?
I don't have a preference for hard or soft, but I will say definitely get the 4 wheeled kind. I'll never buy the 2 wheelers again.

Also, get a weird color. I used to have black until someone accidentally picked up my bag in baggage claim (because it looked exactly like every other bag). I literally spent half my vacation trying to get my bag back, and dealing with not having it for 3 days.

Now all my luggage is hot pink, orange, turquoise, etc. No one ever accidentally grabs it. Plus, last winter I had to go pick up my daughter's bags that got to Chicago 3 days ahead of her (during the storms in January, she was delayed for days, but somehow her luggage made it here?). Literally hundreds of bags in baggage claim from about a week's worth of flights... Took me less than 3 minutes to find her hot pink suitcase. There were people there who'd been looking for their bags for over an hour.

Bright colors, 4 wheels. Hard lasts longer, but soft usually has that expandable size thing, which is great for trips you'll be shopping on. (sounds like you're going on that kind of trip)

Best place to sell textbooks for cash? Chegg killed my dreams in 2.5

Craigslist, bulletin board at your college, ebay classified. Do you have freshman-facebook groups at your college? Try to sell them to the year below. If they are specific to a major try facebook groups for that major.

I could never get two weeks of clothes in a single bag.

Good luck!

You'd be surprised at how much space rolling your clothes instead of folding your clothes can save. I used to be able to fit all of my clothes for college into 2 duffel bags. And that was a decent amount of clothes. At least three weeks worth.

ETA: @Just-a-Mom that is why I don't mind keeping all of my luggage from cheer. It's so easy to spot on those luggage carousels! And maybe it makes me feel like I'm packing for competitions again :p

In need of some prayers this morning, yesterday around noon, our dog Chloe went out in the woods at my moms place in Mississippi, they live on 10 acres and also have a lot of woods back behind there also, and she hasn't come hope yet so prayers would be really appreciated I will keep you updated!!!

I hope she's alright!!
I've read on tumblr (very valid source ;)) that you should put one of their toys or something on the porch/outside your door. They will be able to track that scent if they are close. You might already have done that but otherwise it's worth a shot if she's gotten lost! Please do keep us updated!!

You'd be surprised at how much space rolling your clothes instead of folding your clothes can save. I used to be able to fit all of my clothes for college into 2 duffel bags. And that was a decent amount of clothes. At least three weeks worth.

ETA: @Just-a-Mom that is why I don't mind keeping all of my luggage from cheer. It's so easy to spot on those luggage carousels! And maybe it makes me feel like I'm packing for competitions again :p

I'm usually traveling on business, so it's hard to roll dress shirts and suits.

I'm all about carrying on the plane and since the overheads vary in sizes, I prefer a soft side (you can smush 'em if you have to). If you tend to check your bags, then I would go with the hard shell. Take the wheel span into consideration if you like to carry on, oldest cp has had two different bags that would fit into the bin but, the wheels wouldn't clear.

Last edited:
I hope she's alright!!
I've read on tumblr (very valid source ;)) that you should put one of their toys or something on the porch/outside your door. They will be able to track that scent if they are close. You might already have done that but otherwise it's worth a shot if she's gotten lost! Please do keep us updated!!
My mom put a bowl of water and a shirt she had been wearing the day before...still no sign :( But i have faith that she will come home!!

Back