OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
@kristenthegreat I know I'm not who you tagged but I thought I'd comment anyway if that's ok! KO is still at WOGA but the meet yesterday was hosted by Texas Dreams. She's only competing L10 (hence only the FTY, 3 floor passes, etc etc). I'm 99% sure she's said she's done with elite gym and just trying for a college scholarship at this point. I'm just glad she's back and looks happy!
I never got this notification. Anyway. Super bummed. I think she could have potentially gone all the way if she wanted and worked at it- maybe she also wants a social life.

Side note: .....Did any of you know I work at a cheese restaurant :D

ETA: I originally came on here to post that love or hate our President, he sure knows how to throw some shade. :cool: I couldn't watch SOTU, but I did see that clip. There should have been a mic drop..

what do you think of Tonya Harding?

she may be before my time. she is the one that had that fight with nancy kerrigan and also the first woman to do the triple axel right? I know she was really good but honestly i dont have that much time to watch figure skating so i mainly watch the swedish nationals. :( wish i had time to have more interest in figure skating

Just throwing this out there because I'm desperate. If anyone is going to jamz nationals next month in Vegas, I need a floor to sleep on. I can't afford a hotel room for myself and my teammates all said no. I promise I'm not a murderer.

I take back everything I said about sticking it out. Your team sucks, and those girls are pretty terrible for not letting you crash on their floor. Maybe it is time to give it up.

ETA: I originally came on here to post that love or hate our President, he sure knows how to throw some shade. :cool: I couldn't watch SOTU, but I did see that clip. There should have been a mic drop..

My twitter last night summed up in one tweet: (and I had to tweet commentary on SOTU for my job)

You sound like you eat MUCH better than the average college student (anytime someone mentions a college student's diet I think of what freshman eat, because it gets discussed the most). I'd say college students like to enjoy the three Bs: beer, burgers and burritos. Varies depending on where you live, though.

Hahaha yay!!!! Thank you! My roommates and I rarely ever drink, and if we do it's always wine haha. I try to eat healthy most of the time but it's doesn't always work out [emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahaha yay!!!! Thank you! My roommates and I rarely ever drink, and if we do it's always wine haha. I try to eat healthy most of the time but it's doesn't always work out [emoji28]

Not drinking will be your saving grace. I gained 6 pounds freshman year from beer. Stopped drinking and went back to my normal weight, even while I was eating my weight in bagels, cheese steak and quesadillas.

Omg so like my suitemate put a bag of trash outside of our apartment door??? You're not supposed to do that??? And she hasn't taken care of it??? I think she expects my roommate and I to take care of it but we're kind of on strike bc she does this kind of thing ALLLL the time. My roommate and I do all the cleaning, all the time, especially for health & safeties day. I think she's taken the trash out once, and she acted like she did the most amazing thing. We buy most of the cleaning supplies and the trash bags. She'll always like nonchalantly say "oh I noticed we're almost out of trash bags did you pick some up?" She wastes all of them (I.e. Putting a full/closed bag of trash into an empty bag in the bigger trashcan... Like that trash bag could be used to hold something that isn't already ready for the dumpsters!!!) so we just put ours in our room lol she can buy her own. It's just so annoying. Or sometimes we'll take out our trash (like one or two bags) and then she'll take her 3 bags and "say oh you're taking the trash out? Here's mine too" when she def wouldn't do that for us. The Normally I'm super easy going & can understand if you were busy or something but it's stuff like this every single dayyyyyyy. I prob sound so whiny but I just don't think we should do all of her dirty work lol

Way to make us dads look bad. Here I am still waiting my chance to see cp compete even once :(. Is gladly miss the super bowl.

**What if Simon Cowell was a cheer judge and gave live feedback when they were done? [emoji33]**
I did not say all. My husband is the same, very rarely gets the chance to see our daughter's competitions! I hope they have a TV set up somewhere for everyone scheduled at night.

Omg so like my suitemate put a bag of trash outside of our apartment door??? You're not supposed to do that??? And she hasn't taken care of it??? I think she expects my roommate and I to take care of it but we're kind of on strike bc she does this kind of thing ALLLL the time. My roommate and I do all the cleaning, all the time, especially for health & safeties day. I think she's taken the trash out once, and she acted like she did the most amazing thing. We buy most of the cleaning supplies and the trash bags. She'll always like nonchalantly say "oh I noticed we're almost out of trash bags did you pick some up?" She wastes all of them (I.e. Putting a full/closed bag of trash into an empty bag in the bigger trashcan... Like that trash bag could be used to hold something that isn't already ready for the dumpsters!!!) so we just put ours in our room lol she can buy her own. It's just so annoying. Or sometimes we'll take out our trash (like one or two bags) and then she'll take her 3 bags and "say oh you're taking the trash out? Here's mine too" when she def wouldn't do that for us. The Normally I'm super easy going & can understand if you were busy or something but it's stuff like this every single dayyyyyyy. I prob sound so whiny but I just don't think we should do all of her dirty work lol

It sounds like she didn't follow through with the job. Like great job, you took the garbage out of the can. The other half of the job is to take it out to the dumpster... That would annoy me so much. If you're only going to do half the job, why do it?

Some of my suite mates were notorious for only doing half the job. Or not throwing their trash out and leaving it in the common areas for a week. Especially before we left for breaks or they left for the weekend. After so long of dealing with this I made a rule with my suite mates that if you went home without cleaning your trash up I would personally put it on your pillow in your room and close the door. I was always the last to leave on breaks and first to come back and I was sick of cleaning other people's messes after they left. I'm sorry but I'm not letting your left over half eaten hamburger sit and rot in the common room and stink it up for a week. You can do that to your own room. There were times I could've easily been voted "Most Hated Roommate." They learned though.

Last edited:
It sounds like she didn't follow through with the job. Like great job, you took the garbage out of the can. The other half of the job is to take it out to the dumpster... That would annoy me so much. If you're only going to do half the job, why do it?

Some of my suite mates were notorious for only doing half the job. Or not throwing their trash out and leaving it in the common areas for a week. Especially before we left for breaks or they left for the weekend. After so long of dealing with this I made a rule with my suite mates that if you went home without cleaning your trash up I would personally put it on your pillow in your room and close the door. I was always the last to leave on breaks and first to come back and I was sick of cleaning other people's messes after they left. I'm sorry but I'm not letting your left over half eaten hamburger sit and rot in the common room and stink it up for a week. You can do that to your own room. There were times I could've easily been voted "Most Hated a Roommate." They learned though.
YES this is exactly my problem!!!!!! Plus they'll always leave their dirty dishes on the counter for like a week and when we move them to the sink they'll take them out and sit them back on the counter. Then hey'll sit their meat on the counter in a plastic baggy to thaw and not put it in a bowl- and let the blood get all over the counter. We moved it into a bowl once so it didn't make a mess- and they took it out? I kind of want to say something but I don't want to make any problems.. Plus I really hate confrontation lol. We're polite to eachother, but we're not friends by any means. They are 21 & 24 so I feel like they think they're like entitled to do the things they do because they're around 3+ years older idk it's just a weird situation

YES this is exactly my problem!!!!!! Plus they'll always leave their dirty dishes on the counter for like a week and when we move them to the sink they'll take them out and sit them back on the counter. Then hey'll sit their meat on the counter in a plastic baggy to thaw and not put it in a bowl- and let the blood get all over the counter. We moved it into a bowl once so it didn't make a mess- and they took it out? I kind of want to say something but I don't want to make any problems.. Plus I really hate confrontation lol. We're polite to eachother, but we're not friends by any means. They are 21 & 24 so I feel like they think they're like entitled to do the things they do because they're around 3+ years older idk it's just a weird situation

Lol did we live with the same people? My room mates did everything you said - even the meat. So gross. I would suggest making a room mate contract and outline things you all have conflicts with. The dorm is yours too. You're paying for it just like they are, you have say in what goes on. Age means nothing.

Not drinking will be your saving grace. I gained 6 pounds freshman year from beer. Stopped drinking and went back to my normal weight, even while I was eating my weight in bagels, cheese steak and quesadillas.

I've had so many friends that I cheered with my freshmen year that transferred to big schools for our sophomore year that gained so much weight from drinking and partying all the time. I go to a small private religious liberal arts college and fortunately drinking is very minimal because I'm not big on going out anyway. I enjoy it from time to time but I'd honestly rather watch Netflix [emoji28]

I just want tickets to see Luke Bryan in Hamilton, his show literally sold out in minutes a couple weeks ago and I have been scouring the internet to find tickets that aren't marked up to $200.

I've had so many friends that I cheered with my freshmen year that transferred to big schools for our sophomore year that gained so much weight from drinking and partying all the time. I go to a small private religious liberal arts college and fortunately drinking is very minimal because I'm not big on going out anyway. I enjoy it from time to time but I'd honestly rather watch Netflix [emoji28]

That is my life. I'd rather watch old 80's movies...

Back