OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
My last day is January 30. They told me I'm good through the end of the month. Maybe I should have stayed a few extra days and had coverage for February.

It's not that big of a deal, we can pick it up through my husband's company. It counts as a Qualifying Life Event, even though it's not open season for benefits at his work. I just prefer to have control over things and I have no idea if he can pick it up in 9 days. I was hoping the coverage would last until I start my new job (coverage starts immediately if I want it).

My last day of work was the Friday before Thanksgiving. I already have my insurance cards but HR told me coverage began Feb1 but I was also told I could already use it but I don't know

For what I pay for insurance for work I'm in no rush....because I don't have to pay anything and I'm still in awe over it. Grown people probs

Really really. Providence College "banned" hard liquor in dorm rooms my senior year of high school and went from 7 to 2 to 1 in the Princeton Review's "Lots of Hard Liquor" rankings in the subsequent years. (Prohibitions do not work!)

My campus was a dry campus, too. Agreed they don't work. It just forces us to come up with lots of creative hiding places.

Really really. Providence College "banned" hard liquor in dorm rooms my senior year of high school and went from 7 to 2 to 1 in the Princeton Review's "Lots of Hard Liquor" rankings in the subsequent years. (Prohibitions do not work!)

That's insane. MidAmerica Nazarene (where I go) is actually a dry university so nobody is allowed to drink, and a good portion of the students don't. I would say probably well over half. And I hate to be stereotypical, but it's mainly the athletes that do drink. There are students that don't play sports (like myself, but I used to cheer) that do drink, but it's few and far between. It's usually the students that have athlete friends that drink and will go out to parties, but more upperclassmen drink than freshmen/sophomores for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My last day of work was the Friday before Thanksgiving. I already have my insurance cards but HR told me coverage began Feb1 but I was also told I could already use it but I don't know

For what I pay for insurance for work I'm in no rush....because I don't have to pay anything and I'm still in awe over it. Grown people probs

My current employer is like that. We don't pay a dime, even after I got married and I added my husband. They cover all the premiums. No deductible, really awesome coverage, it's pretty incredible. I'm sad I'll be losing that.

My husband says he can't enroll until we lose our coverage. I told him that 2/1 is a Sunday and I'm competing so he needs to figure that ish out in case I break a leg. (knock on wood)

My current employer is like that. We don't pay a dime, even after I got married and I added my husband. They cover all the premiums. No deductible, really awesome coverage, it's pretty incredible. I'm sad I'll be losing that.

My husband says he can't enroll until we lose our coverage. I told him that 2/1 is a Sunday and I'm competing so he needs to figure that ish out in case I break a leg. (knock on wood)

Cobra?

It'd be really cheap for me to add a spouse although not free. Anyway. Anyone I marry better have his own insurance lol

I did not say all. My husband is the same, very rarely gets the chance to see our daughter's competitions! I hope they have a TV set up somewhere for everyone scheduled at night.
I wasn't referring to you making us look bad but rather all the dads that will ditch their kids for the game.

It is cp's senior year and I hardly see him so I am ecstatic to be able to attend just 2 of his competitions this year. I'll be damned if a football game would get in my way.

**peek a boo**

Cobra?

It'd be really cheap for me to add a spouse although not free. Anyway. Anyone I marry better have his own insurance lol

Got some more info. He can enroll on the 2, but it will be backdated to the 1. So if something happens it just means I'd have to spend some time fighting the insurance company to get reimbursed. Whatever.

It is nice to have the option to hop on his though so I don't have to do cobra or go uninsured for a few weeks.

Got some more info. He can enroll on the 2, but it will be backdated to the 1. So if something happens it just means I'd have to spend some time fighting the insurance company to get reimbursed. Whatever.

It is nice to have the option to hop on his though so I don't have to do cobra or go uninsured for a few weeks.
I was just going to say that legally they have to back date it to your last day of coverage.
Now that you're covered, fingers crossed you won't need it!

Lol did we live with the same people? My room mates did everything you said - even the meat. So gross. I would suggest making a room mate contract and outline things you all have conflicts with. The dorm is yours too. You're paying for it just like they are, you have say in what goes on. Age means nothing.
My old roommate took the garbage out of the can and let it sit in the porch near the door and her rotten decomposing fruit leaked out so I "accidentally" dropped her pillow in it and put it back on her bed. Sorry not sorry.

Hahahah omg. I'm glad I'm not the only one with these issues!! I think we're going to talk to them so I guess we'll see how that goes!

Omg so like my suitemate put a bag of trash outside of our apartment door??? You're not supposed to do that??? And she hasn't taken care of it??? I think she expects my roommate and I to take care of it but we're kind of on strike bc she does this kind of thing ALLLL the time. My roommate and I do all the cleaning, all the time, especially for health & safeties day. I think she's taken the trash out once, and she acted like she did the most amazing thing. We buy most of the cleaning supplies and the trash bags. She'll always like nonchalantly say "oh I noticed we're almost out of trash bags did you pick some up?" She wastes all of them (I.e. Putting a full/closed bag of trash into an empty bag in the bigger trashcan... Like that trash bag could be used to hold something that isn't already ready for the dumpsters!!!) so we just put ours in our room lol she can buy her own. It's just so annoying. Or sometimes we'll take out our trash (like one or two bags) and then she'll take her 3 bags and "say oh you're taking the trash out? Here's mine too" when she def wouldn't do that for us. The Normally I'm super easy going & can understand if you were busy or something but it's stuff like this every single dayyyyyyy. I prob sound so whiny but I just don't think we should do all of her dirty work lol

If I was in this situation I would put the bag in her room. Lol. I don't like it when people don't help. It's like you're a grown adult I don't need to clean up after your lazy butt. I don't mind cleaning up after kids.
ugh okay here's what bugs me the most. When we have family over everyone will eat then put their dirty dish on the counter and leave it there. I have a big fam so I'm stuck washing everyone's dirty dish.

Back