OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
a couple of decades ago when I was in high school we got a yearbook supplement over the summer with all of the spring sports and senior activities. It was not hard bound like our real yearbook but it probably had 30 pages of pictures. My oldest is a senior this year and they don't even give the underclassmen an opportunity to buy a yearbook which I think is the silliest thing ever, so I have no idea how they do their yearbooks.

a couple of decades ago when I was in high school we got a yearbook supplement over the summer with all of the spring sports and senior activities. It was not hard bound like our real yearbook but it probably had 30 pages of pictures. My oldest is a senior this year and they don't even give the underclassmen an opportunity to buy a yearbook which I think is the silliest thing ever, so I have no idea how they do their yearbooks.

That makes no sense. It's more money, which brings the cost per yearbook down. We would sell to anyone at all who wanted one.

My high school had like extra pages that were put in for spring sports. It's kind of hard to describe, but they weren't part of the actual yearbook, it was like they left a blank page for them and glued in a folded smaller page that had all the spring sports/prom, etc. It didn't look bad or anything and I think it was a nice way to get everything done in time for people to have it 2 weeks or so before school ended. I don't think I would like having my spring sports team's stuff in the next yearbook, especially for the seniors.

We had that too! It was like a thin book that included all spring stuff (I don't think it had prom because our prom was the Saturday following the seniors last day) that was attached on the inside back cover. It didn't look bad and it was a good way to include everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i think i may start to go crazy soon. my ex and i broke up in September right around the time that school started and were (and still are) living together with my dad. because of the time of year it was he didn't have time to look for housing and because he was too lazy to get a job all summer didn't have enough money to rent in the city. he's an amazing person he really is but I'm tired of him assuming that were just on a break and theres still hope for us. he reads my texts and gets angry/upset when i text other guys regardless of who they are and its at the point where i don't want him here anymore but i do not have the heart to tell him he was there for me last year when i was going through a lot and dealing with depression so i feel like i owe it to him to let him live here but its making me nuts.

My sorority's philanthropy is Make a Wish and the Wisconsin chapter is less than 30 minutes from campus so they're always asking if anyone is interested in internships. We got an email from one of the girls on Monday afternoon saying anyone who was interested let her know ASAP. Its now two days later and I haven't heard anything. If it was so important and she needed the emails right away why is it taking so long?

Oddly enough with non-profit this happens a bit more often than you'd think. We (and I don't work for Make a Wish) put out a call for volunteers ASAP because we have a need, but then we have to digest what we receive and then react. I would recommend a follow up to ensure the info was received and to ask for an update, considering a lot of orgs that deal with volunteers try to operate on a 48 hour response time.

When did you give out the books? We needed ours to hand out in early June so we never covered spring sports (or perhaps they were in the next year's yearbook). I don't remember what we did come spring time, probably fund raise and plan for the next year or something.

ETA: reading fail. I should read all replied before I post. You gave yours out late summer.
We gave ours out in August when students came for class registration! so right before school started maybe the week before!

Does anyone know anything about hamlet? I have an exam due tomorrow and if I don't get a good grade I literally can't graduate. It's two essays, 4 character analysis, a quote page and two speech translations. I don't understand any of it and im almost in tears because I'm so scared. On top of doing all of that tonight I have a ridiculous amount of homework. I really don't know what to do :(

Does anyone know anything about hamlet? I have an exam due tomorrow and if I don't get a good grade I literally can't graduate. It's two essays, 4 character analysis, a quote page and two speech translations. I don't understand any of it and im almost in tears because I'm so scared. On top of doing all of that tonight I have a ridiculous amount of homework. I really don't know what to do :(

shmoop and sparknotes have line by line translations, as well as analysis. I don't recommend copying whatever you read online onto your exam, but the sites may help you understand the play a little better so that you can form your own theses and ideas :)

Can you afford to not do the other homework? Even though I'd usually not recommend not doing your homework, it might be a sacrifice that is worth it in order for you to graduate.

Thank you. I only hope you read my posts in Dwight Schrute's voice. I do. And it makes me giggle.
I absolutely do. This is why you're my favorite.
a2ac99e3d2394fb3b0811ff539d85bd4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back