OT New Random Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
cheerheart4life - I kinda have to agree with your parents on this one, for the cats sake. College is going to be great, whether you have a cat with you or not. It's also going to be a lot of work and caring for a kitten at the same time is going to be difficult and stressful. Think about the vet visits and shots it needs as a kitten. The food and litter box will take up a lot of space which you already wont have have. It's gonna take a lot of time that you wont have to care for it and train it. Colleges are also not the best place for a cat or any pet, really. Sometimes, unfortunately, pets are the victims of drunk pranks or tricks or they get hurt in the small areas that house a lot of people at once. I just wouldn't take that chance. I know its not what you wanted to hear, but I would wait until you're out of school to get you're own cat. After we had to put my first dog down, it took me almost 7 years of begging my parents for a new one, so I understand that "hole in your heart" kind of feeling and it sucks a lot. But maybe instead of getting a new kitten, you could lend some time at an animal shelter and give your love and attention to all the cats who need those things that don't have families or anyone to care for them. Try to find one near your school, too! It'll be great for you. I know it's not the same, but it'll be a great alternative.

Eyes On The Prize thank you so much for your advice!! I would never want my cat to get hurt or neglected :( I think I'm definetly going to volunteer at the shelter now. It's right by my house and if all else fails I can foster an animal for a while. Thanks for the amazing idea:)

Eyes On The Prize thank you so much for your advice!! I would never want my cat to get hurt or neglected :( I think I'm definetly going to volunteer at the shelter now. It's right by my house and if all else fails I can foster an animal for a while. Thanks for the amazing idea:)

Yes, fostering is a great! I absolutely LOVE that idea! And if you like dogs (and you have the time and commitment) you could always train a seeing eye/service dog. You usually have to let them go after two or three years.

Yes, fostering is a great! I absolutely LOVE that idea! And if you like dogs (and you have the time and commitment) you could always train a seeing eye/service dog. You usually have to let them go after two or three years.
I couldn't do the seeing eye dog thing. You can't pet them or talk to them. And that would be pure torture for me! I have a feeling my parents will agree with the fostering if I promise to take full responsibility for adoption days and all the work. I honestly don't mind. I love volunteering too so I'll start volunteering and see where that takes me:)

I would go into the medical field and become a Vet if I could. I would love to do that! Problem is- blood makes me pass out. So I gotta stick to just loving on animals and not saving them!

CNET.com is the most reliable and technically sound source I have found for these types of questions, as well as product recommendations. You might want to try there and see if they have your answers.

Isn't making up your mind on what laptop to buy one of the hardest decisions to make? I've picked husbands with less angst than picking a laptop. LOL
It is super hard, especially being a graphic design major I have to have something that can run all the programs I have to have. So now I'm looking at an i5, which is much faster than even what I'm running now since my laptop is super outdated with it's Pentium processor (and the hard drive is starting to fail which is quite terrifying it starts clicking, turns off, and then tells me the operating system was lost and this is my face :eek:).

I couldn't do the seeing eye dog thing. You can't pet them or talk to them. And that would be pure torture for me! I have a feeling my parents will agree with the fostering if I promise to take full responsibility for adoption days and all the work. I honestly don't mind. I love volunteering too so I'll start volunteering and see where that takes me:)

I would go into the medical field and become a Vet if I could. I would love to do that! Problem is- blood makes me pass out. So I gotta stick to just loving on animals and not saving them!

Make sure you share pictures of the cats you get to take care of/foster!!!

Hey Irish people-
It looks like I'm heading back to Ireland in October to visit the boy (I go 'I'm worried you won't have time to visit with me and I don't want to take you away from work'..he goes 'I'll make time if I have to..' *awww*)..but we want to do something a bit 'more'.

He has a car, so we'd like to travel around to some places, particularly places I've never been (either the west coast or up Northern Ireland)..any ideas? I've been to Galway/Cliffs of Moher etc but I want to do something really fun/nice. It'll probably be early October, if that makes a difference! I'm thinking maybe the Aran Islands or something, not a clue! His apt is in Kilkenney right now, if that makes a difference! I like doing pretty much anything (museums, historical spots, nightlife, outdoors-y things, etc) so it shouldn't be a huge trouble. Any takers? Trying to remember the Irish board people..

The most bizarre thing happened at my brother's baseball tournament today. While waiting for his game to start, we were watching another game and a kid in the outfield had a ball hit his way and just kind of walked towards it. The coach was fuming made, screaming at the kid, and then pulled him out of the game, leaving the team with only 8 players in the field. And instead of putting in the one player who was sitting on the bench, the coach just decides to play with 8 kids instead of 9... Well the kid who didn't get put in was so mad that he just got up, walked out of the dugout, and left the tournament. It was honestly the most bizarre thing I have seen in the 11 years my brother has played baseball. This team honestly needs their own reality show. They are so dysfunctional it's ridiculous.

kristenthegreat Ahhh very exciting. When I went we did a few day trips that were amazing and I'd highly recommend. For northern Ireland, we went did one that went to Belfast, but stopped at Giant's Causeway which was one of my favorite spots in the country. This isn't the exact 'brand' we did, but it's the exact same tour...
Ireland's 7 Wonders | Giants Causeway Day Tour from Dublin | Belfast | Carrick a Rede
I'd totally recommend it. The views from the rope bridge were absolutely indescribable and I wish everyone could see something like that. Belfast was pretty neat too, even though you don't spend much time there. My ancestors are from northern Ireland so it was really interesting listening to our driver/tour guide talk about all the history and the fighting that still exists, and comparing it to what my grandparents have said. I've also heard great things about the Aran Islands, but we didn't get to see that part unfortunately.

I'm sure you've done the whole Blarney stone, and typical Dublin stuff. One random thing we did was visit Kilmainham (butchering that I bet) Jail which was really cool. On our bus tour to Cork we stopped at St. Patrick's and the Rock of Cashel which was pretty neat too, despite being renovated at the time. Gah, you're making me miss Ireland, now I have to go look at my fb album and reminisce, thanks!! :D

fiercerando88 So sorry :D I miss it too! The boy and I will be having a chat on friday to hopefully figure a few things out..there are so many things I've done, but so many I haven't! I want to take his ideas into consideration as well, I don't want to drag him off to some artsy thing if he'll be bored out of his skull. Realistically he'll be so happy to see me he'll do whatever I want, since I let him convince me to take him skiing when he came here haha. I'm tempted to suggest some overly-romantic spa weekend just to make him squirm..

I got home from work at 4:30 this morning from my job at the parking company, and I have to be at my next camp for NCA at 1:00. I will grt maybe 12-16 hours of sleep for the next three nights because I can't sleep tonight. I feel bad for my buddies because I'm going to be exhausted :(

Back