All-Star New Rules Released Today?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

He's not a representative, he's just an athlete at a large gym who posts on here. I am not a representative of Computer Screen Allstars (even though that's where I currently am cheering.. ;) )

I think that gym owners can perceive people on here as representatives. Ive talked to NUMEROUS people who 'cant post on here about the rules' out of fear of what their gym owners or peers might think. No one wants to get fired with Worlds around the corner or cause any inner-gym turmoil.

What if you are an employee or athlete of a gym that FULLY SUPPORTS the USASF but you do not. Its a tough spot for a lot of people.

I think that gym owners can perceive people on here as representatives. Ive talked to NUMEROUS people who 'cant post on here about the rules' out of fear of what their gym owners or peers might think. No one wants to get fired with Worlds around the corner or cause any inner-gym turmoil.

What if you are an employee or athlete of a gym that FULLY SUPPORTS the USASF but you do not. Its a tough spot for a lot of people.
I totally hear you. I would hate to be in that spot..because you're kind of screwed either way. I just didn't want the poster to think he was the rep for WC on here, when he's not.

I think a jump in a tumbling pass 'erases' everything before it - so the short answer is probably not.

General tumbling E:
Jumps are not considered a tumbling skill from a legalities point of view. Therefore, if a jump skill is included in a tumbling pass, the jump will break up the pass.

Oh, and there's this from the USASF letter:

In recent days, some have advocated leaving decisions on what specific skills can be
performed by an athlete strictly to the coaches and athletes themselves, thereby
eliminating any restrictions. The result would be allowing virtually any skill to be
attempted. The Board believes that this approach would have a devastating effect on our
sport (envision four high pyramids, basket tosses from shoulder stands, and double or
triple backs with multiple twists on the floor and in baskets).

The whole paragraph is a straw man - I'm not sure how many people have advocated leaving the decision on what skills to perform strictly to coaches and athletes. The real concern was with eliminating skills that had been part of the tumbling rubric without clear evidence for their removal.
I'm not smart enough to know what the whole paragraph is a straw man means but.......the rest I agree with.

Did anyone hear people asking that ALL restrictions be lifted......as in no rules? I didn't.

Basket tosses from shoulder stands......is that even possible?

All of the bolded skills were legal in competitive cheerleading at one point.

I'm beyond horrified that there are people accepting the rule changes simply because they only affect "a very small percentage of athletes". The irony is particularly dismaying when it's gay athletes that give such an excuse. After all, bans on civil rights for gays only affect a very small percentage of the general population! Yes, I'm aware a full punch double isn't a civil right, but the principle of protecting minorities is still completely applicable.

Unfortunately it happens all the time. I am an employer of a big company and disagree with a lot of their policy and procedures but I have a choice to stay or go.

All of the bolded skills were legal in competitive cheerleading at one point.

Absolutely. But how many people were actively championing for their return, or for a laissez-faire approach to allowable skills? There may have been those people, but they certainly weren't the majority.

He's not a representative, he's just an athlete at a large gym who posts on here. I am not a representative of Computer Screen Allstars (even though that's where I currently am cheering.. ;) )
Id consider my athletes representatives of my gym.

ETA: Not that I want them out there leading press conferences. Bu tlike another poster said, if you don't agree with our guidelines, etc. You have a choice to go somewhere else. Especially here in the great state of MD.

Id consider my athletes representatives of my gym.

ETA: Not that I want them out there leading press conferences. Bu tlike another poster said, if you don't agree with our guidelines, etc. You have a choice to go somewhere else. Especially here in the great state of MD.

Or you have the choice to stay...make solid arguments against the changes...rally support...and get them overturned.
In the end this is not a Corporation that as owners, can make decisions without any input. We created all-star cheer. We created the USASF and the NACCC they are beholden to us and not the other way around.
Please all that disagree do not fall asleep, that is what they are hoping will happen that we will just loose focus and fall in line. If we have a vote and the Majority say keep the changes then we live by them until the next vote....
If we let this go unchecked, then the decisions will not stop they will change at their own discretion anything that they want. Today its limited tumbling and "image" rules that only mirrors the thoughts and opinions of a few...Tomorrow it could be anything if we allow this kind of actions from an organization that only exists because of the hard work of enthusiasts of this sport.

Or you have the choice to stay...make solid arguments against the changes...rally support...and get them overturned.

I agree with your post. But I hope you know my post was simply about someone saying athletes weren't representatives of gyms. :)

Will the bottom age of 10 on Senior teams be for the 2012-2013 season?

(Sorry if this question has already been answered)

Couldnt help but notice that in the Masters telecast, The president of the augusta national golf club said their mission was to help "grow the sport" Funny! they dont allow 51% of the population to be members there! Made me think that we should all be careful of anyone who uses "grow the sport" as a mission! ;)

Back