All-Star New Rules

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm disappointed to see straight rides were removed from level 1:( They might as well decrease the time limit because no baskets takes a whole section out of the routine. I don't understand why you would remove those but let them go extended with only one bracer....

I'm disappointed to see straight rides were removed from level 1:( They might as well decrease the time limit because no baskets takes a whole section out of the routine. I don't understand why you would remove those but let them go extended with only one bracer....

Baskets have always been illegal at level 1... Straight rides are level 2. :)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Duh...I went back and watched my cp's old mini 1 routine and for some reason I confused the two leg dismount with a basket in my brain...my bad...:oops:

Unless I'm remembering incorrectly, wasn't the original intent of changing the bottom age for io5 to increase it by one year every year? I'm confused about them pushing it back down.

Can someone explain to me what a "Pancake transition" is lol

ETA: I looked it up in the glossary- but no such luck
I'm thinking its what we call an egg drop or a suicide where the flyer folds at the waist and the bases catch her on her back and set out (like an inverted dismount).

If that is what it is, I wish this happened sooner. We lost a comp for performing it the way that will now be legal.

We're just ahead of our time I guess :D

Not sure how I feel sbouth this for mini teams. Kinda scares me with a bunch of 6 year olds that can sometimes barely get an extension up with two braces!

For a mini team like some of the one's I've had (which are usually smaller) I think it will actually make it safer. A lot of times we've had to have the extension braced by two shoulder sits that can barely (I'm talking fingertips here) reach. As a result the flyer winds up leaning slightly trying to hold on for dear life. I'd rather have one solid prep bracing than two shaky/too short shoulder sits.

In addition I think this will really level the playing field for smaller level 1 teams...there's a big difference between 11 and 20

For a mini team like some of the one's I've had (which are usually smaller) I think it will actually make it safer. A lot of times we've had to have the extension braced by two shoulder sits that can barely (I'm talking fingertips here) reach. As a result the flyer winds up leaning slightly trying to hold on for dear life. I'd rather have one solid prep bracing than two shaky/too short shoulder sits.

In addition I think this will really level the playing field for smaller level 1 teams...there's a big difference between 11 and 20
My cp was on a mini team of 10 this year, and I think you are right about this when you have a good mix of ages and bases that are strong. The problem is going to be a situation like we will have next year, a young mini team. If there is enough for a mini team it looks like more than half the team will be barely 6 and have no experience or one year on tiny. A bunch of 6 year olds are really going to struggle to hit an extension with one brace at prep when they are all little. There wont be any bigger stronger 8 year olds basing because the all age up. It does benefit smaller teams with plenty of older minis though.

I'm thinking its what we call an egg drop or a suicide where the flyer folds at the waist and the bases catch her on her back and set out (like an inverted dismount).

If that is what it is, I wish this happened sooner. We lost a comp for performing it the way that will now be legal.

We're just ahead of our time I guess :D

ahh, yes okay that makes sense now, thank you!

Unless I'm remembering incorrectly, wasn't the original intent of changing the bottom age for io5 to increase it by one year every year? I'm confused about them pushing it back down.

The IASF didn't make the age change last season leading to the USASF and IASF having different ages. This time around the USASF decided to go with the IASF ages for international divisions so it's consistent.

Latest posts

Back