All-Star New Season. New Facilities. New Gyms.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Valley Elite will not be going anywhere. Unfortunately, when you can't beat someone on the mat, some people turn to creating masterpiece theater.
Oh snap! I'm too new to know any of the drama up that way. Too much in my neck of the woods.

My job is to get my kid to the comp on time with her hair did. On carpool days I drop them at the door and pick them up in the parking lot. Beyond that, I sit back with my mouth shut. There's always time for a glass of wine and a postmortem at home or at the hotel.

From friends who cheer at Valley ( one of whom was at Rocket the year before) , I would say that Valley has an extremely nurturing program. They treat their minis and tinys very well and they do events that are kinda like a "cheer with varsity" night, which usually is more effective in getting the littles drawn in. They do lots of community events too. Again, it is not the first thing you look for in a gym, but it does help create the atmosphere, especially when it is the opposite feel of its main competition at the other local gym.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

The idea of WC purchasing Rocket is very exciting. Although my D is long out of the all star world there is very much a need for a presence of a strong gym like WC in that area and Warren, Hunterdon counties in NJ. I'm guessing the level 5's will still be in Freehold but great news for level 4's and below to have the option of such a competitive is this area of NJ.

Also I read on instagram that NJ Heat in Edison is moving into their own 11,000sf facility for the upcoming season. They have recently been housed in a multi purpose sports complex so this will be their own home.

Valley Elite will not be going anywhere. Unfortunately, when you can't beat someone on the mat, some people turn to creating masterpiece theater.
However this program does owe there current building quite a bit of money so we will have to see how that pans out for them.

Rocket Elite confirmed the merger with World Cup on their facebook page. As someone that lives in Hunterdon County this is VERY exciting. There is so much talent in this area. We have numerous strong youth/Pop Warner programs and great high school programs with quite a few national titles under their belts. I'm excited that the kids will now be able to add All Star cheerleading to their list of options (without parents having to drive over an hour).

Deleted quote b/c I managed to quote myself and not @addictedtocheer

Evolution in Bridgewater has been getting some of the Hunterdon crowd, but it is a long drive for a lot of people in Hunterdon. Considering how successful the regional AYC team, local Pop warner teams and the Hunterdon High Schools have been, I am not surprised that big name gyms have their eyes on the area. It also explains how Evolution fielded 13 teams this year (including prep and a special needs team) . For a such a young gym, that is really good!

yes, it's going to be very exciting to see a whole new level of cheer being offered to the area. WC travels a very elite circuit of comps. I think Shooting Stars only competed once in NJ this year at a local in Toms River as a dry run to get out on the mat. Most of their teams only attend Varsity events. If there are not Worlds or Summit Bids offered for the teams you don't see them much. The levels 1, 2 and 3 you will catch more locally. I think most teams other than SS attended a Worlds bid comp in AC this year. They also attended a lot of special invite comps this year like The Majors, Champions League, etc.. The Rocket Gym has always had a great deal of talent in the level 3/4 area. I will be interested to see what a little "Jersey Flair" will bring to this gym!

Yeah, that's usually called rent. I have it on very good authority that all the rumors started by a particular gym are 100% false.
I know which gym you are referring to but im almost 99.9% positive that she is in financial trouble and not just with rent
eta I personally have nothing against valley they are a fabulous program (which happens to be 5 minutes from my house)

Deleted quote b/c I managed to quote myself and not @addictedtocheer

Evolution in Bridgewater has been getting some of the Hunterdon crowd, but it is a long drive for a lot of people in Hunterdon. Considering how successful the regional AYC team, local Pop warner teams and the Hunterdon High Schools have been, I am not surprised that big name gyms have their eyes on the area. It also explains how Evolution fielded 13 teams this year (including prep and a special needs team) . For a such a young gym, that is really good!

I have always felt like this is a completly untapped area with very few programs and am shocked that no one has jumped on that opportunity especially like you said with the strong school and rec programs in that area.

Back