New Skills!!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I hit my double double and standing whip double at tryouts!! And my one to full double which I was beyond happy with! This summer I'm gonna work on my back handsprings and roundoff, and combination to double double!

This probably seems very trivial but I only starting tumbling this year (I'm nearly 24). Im determined to get my BHS on hard floor by the end of the summer. I shall be a very happy person if this happens :)

I only started cheer at 23, and it is a whole different ball game, good luck, a lot of hard work will get you there. Conditioning for more explosive leg power was key for me.

I'm now retired and coaching, but still am planning on getting my running full. I also started doing burpee backtucks for conditioning. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKpkFcAGCX8 (No that's not me in the video)

I have an amazing cartwheel! :rolleyes:

Cartwheel-off this Sunday? Maybe they'll let us do it on the SPRING FLOOR!!!!! I'll call ahead to the hospital and let them know I'm coming...

Your cartwheel can't touch my forward roll...;)

You ain't seen nothing until you've seen cp's running forward roll on the tumble track...:cheering:

so excited to finally throw whips into my skills! I'm planning on throwing it at tryouts through to a layout and so far so good. my first time trying it by myself was last week and now I'm just working to make it flawless and smooth :) can't wait to throw it without any bhs between or in competition!!

I will look. When i watched the ESPN broadcast i immediately thought they looked alike. She is a shorter flier. Same haircut it seems. And she is in the back right for the dance.

Ok yeah I see who you mean :). I thought it was Carly Manning at first, but she has a ponytail, so it's not her :).

I have an amazing cartwheel! :rolleyes:

Cartwheel-off this Sunday? Maybe they'll let us do it on the SPRING FLOOR!!!!! I'll call ahead to the hospital and let them know I'm coming...

You ain't seen nothing until you've seen cp's running forward roll on the tumble track...

@FamousRudags clearly we have the beginnings of a FIERCE Parent Team here...think you can make that happen for us? Think of the pride in putting us out on the floor with these skills!:cheering::chestbump::cheering:

Think @FamousRudags will "spot" us? Are we too old for the IO6 team?

I think you can be any age! We could cartwheel across the front while they do a pyramid! Look out Worlds...

(And in keeping with the thread topic...my cp is really looking forward to her first flying class next week. Who knows if she'll ever actually get to fly on a team...but she is excited to try out something new that she's never done before! She's been stretching every day to get ready. :) This will be totally new to her, so even just taking the class is a new skill!)

I only started cheer at 23, and it is a whole different ball game, good luck, a lot of hard work will get you there. Conditioning for more explosive leg power was key for me.

I'm now retired and coaching, but still am planning on getting my running full. I also started doing burpee backtucks for conditioning. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKpkFcAGCX8 (No that's not me in the video)

thanks for the motivational words :) Ive taken so many coaching courses as am a cheer coach. Which I think makes it harder as I KNOW exactly what I am doing wrong but cant seem to get my body to listen. Or more like my head thinks too practically and decides that going backwards without being able to see the flloor is not natural lol! But decided I should practice what you preach and get over a fear of tumbling!

Good luck everyone with your skills. We should have a thread at the end of the summer to post all of our newly acquired skills :)

@Just-a-Mom and @simplymom - We will actually be starting a parents class at Famous Athletics for the summer and throughout the season and will be having signups in the late summer for a parent team! I believe I will be teaching the parent classes and coaching the parent team as well.

Back