New To All Of This

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Bethabee

Cheer Parent
May 6, 2016
I don't even know where to start. My daughter is 7 and a half and is just starting out.

We started classes about 2.5 - 3 months ago. Started with a cartwheel(ish) and now has her Round-off BHS and standing BHS. (Working on consistent DBHS)

Talked to a mom on the team a while back and she said there WAS NO WAY that she wouldn't be on a Level one mini team.
Well, just got the results last weekend from Tryouts - and she's going to be on Level 2!
She will not only be the smallest on the team, but also the youngest and the newest.

I'm not sure what to expect. AT ALL.

Any tips and tricks for keeping my sanity?

Buy a LOT of wine.

Just kidding... kind of.

Let your kid have fun. If you know the gym is a safe place and that the coaches are fully capable, then let them do their job and stay out of drama.

Be prepared for some struggles in the beginning, but don't let them discourage you or your CP. There is a big learning curve for someone that has never stunted before to get to level 2. There will likely be some bumps in the road, but assuming you are in a safe gym with competent coaches, trust the coaches and trust the process! Try not to stress over it if she isn't getting something right away and trust that they will get her there.

Stay AWAY from drama Mommas!

Sit back and enjoy the ride!

I love the responses so far - and really appreciate it! I'm stoked for everything that's happening, I just feel like it's happening so quickly, I'm getting a little overwhelmed.

SOO proud that she made level 2, but it's going so fast!
Definitely going to take up that tip of the wine. Or shots. We'll see how it gets during comp season!

I don't even know where to start. My daughter is 7 and a half and is just starting out.

We started classes about 2.5 - 3 months ago. Started with a cartwheel(ish) and now has her Round-off BHS and standing BHS. (Working on consistent DBHS)

Talked to a mom on the team a while back and she said there WAS NO WAY that she wouldn't be on a Level one mini team.
Well, just got the results last weekend from Tryouts - and she's going to be on Level 2!
She will not only be the smallest on the team, but also the youngest and the newest.

I'm not sure what to expect. AT ALL.

Any tips and tricks for keeping my sanity?

Good for her!
No tricks other than staying away from th drama of other parents. Especially the third year parents that's usually the peak of their insanity.
Other than that enjoy it and don't get to wrapped up in it.

Good for her!
No tricks other than staying away from th drama of other parents. Especially the third year parents that's usually the peak of their insanity.

Have definitely already seen this happen!!! Keeping my distance - for sure!

Good for her!
That just reminded me of that one timeline that somebody on here came up with a while back that had detailed descriptions of what each year was like as a cheer parent. Not a parent, but I always found that to be funny to read.

That just reminded me of that one timeline that somebody on here came up with a while back that had detailed descriptions of what each year was like as a cheer parent. Not a parent, but I always found that to be funny to read.
Must find this! :p

First of all congrats to your daughter!!!
My advice would be to just be your daughter's biggest fan. However, don't make her feel anymore pressured than she already may feel. I've seen amazing young athletes get the dreaded mental block because they leave the gym and are still feeling pressured about skills.
Just ask how was practice and give her positive feedback. Let the critiques come from the coaches.

Oops - double posted. Can you delete a post?
It happens, no worries! ;)

You can't delete a post - only edit the contents, so sometimes you'll see where someone double posted and just edits it to say double post or puts a . or something.

I love the responses so far - and really appreciate it! I'm stoked for everything that's happening, I just feel like it's happening so quickly, I'm getting a little overwhelmed.

SOO proud that she made level 2, but it's going so fast!
Definitely going to take up that tip of the wine. Or shots. We'll see how it gets during comp season!

She may surprise u at how well she can handle it. You may be worried/stressed about it for nothing. [emoji1]

Back