All-Star New Uniform Design Opinions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 9, 2011
We are getting new uniforms for my squads as the old uniforms are hideous (not my choice), old school and fit really badly. I want to go with just top, skirt and shorts rather than the traditional shell etc they had in the past, we're Allstar. I have gone to a few companies in the UK with a brief that it has to be full top, the main colour is white with navy and red as the other colours and a stripe down the arm (this is for our choreography :)) and there is to be no cut outs ;) I have some big girls and they need proper sports bras!

One company has just come back to me today with the design below. As this is the first time for me getting new uniforms I don't want to mess it up and as you guys have such wonderful opinions on uniforms, I was hoping you could comment about what is good and not so good about this design. The red and the blue is to be mystique with the white being just plain material.

cometsartworkwithdiamantesnologo.jpg

Thanks, I meant to add, the logo won't quite look like that, the font is different and I'll make sure to get them to make it a bit bigger ;) . Any other comments?

I love the design, very classic. My only concern is the back of the skirt being entirely mystique, I haven't seen many skirts that I consider flattering with that much mystique, even on slim girls, JMO. But again, I love the overall look.
Yes I actually agree. I think that the blue back is a good idea in theory but it may end up buckling and sitting on the butt funny.

I like the uniform currently, but when I imagine it with mystic fabric I think that it could take away from the design. Maybe just go with the red mystic since there are already rhinestones on the uniform and keep the blue and white normal? It will keep the look athletic with a little flash rather than having a tin foil effect that comes with too much mystic......jmo

I'm looking for someone to do new tops for us in the UK and was wondering if you would mind sharing who is making these.
I would agree about the blu mystique though. I've only ever seen that big a block on gymnastics leotards and even though they are skin tight it can look a little much.
Uniforms look really good though :)

If you want to go for longevity as well, I would be hesitant having all the blue in mystic. I have seen some uniforms that rub and wear where the mystic fabric is and it looks very worn and tired very quickly. I like the idea of just red in mystic. Also consider that the white needs to be in a thickish fabric so it doesn't show belly-buttons and bra lines too easily. Or else consider asking your girls to get a skin coloured microfibre/lycra singlet underneath to smooth it out.

I would agree with the others and make the back of the skirt symmetrical with the front and make it white, but I disagree about making only the red mystique. We got new unis for Worlds last year and seeing the white under the lights with the beautiful sparkle of the blue and red mystique as accent colors was just amazing-so much so our whole gym ended up getting new uniforms and it wasn't even the year to get new uniforms!! You won't regret it!

I think the diagonal lines on the skirt may be unflattering, as they might make the girls look wider. I would also agree that I'm not sure about the back of the skirt being blue.

Love this! Very clean looking :) I agree that the skirt should look the same on both sides.

Latest posts

Back