All-Star New Uniforms 2011-2012

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

wgrxmo.jpg

Thoughts??

wgrxmo.jpg

Thoughts??
I can understand the low rise shorts being regulated because honestly there are some teams out there with "shorts" that barely cover the essentials and look very similar to swimsuit bottoms. The crop top would be harder to enforce seeing that the great majority of allstar gyms are currently wearing them. Before we regulate the crop tops in favor of long tops, lets regulate a general crop top uniform base to eliminate some of these crazy and unnecessary cutouts, chokers, straps and see through materials imo. Obviously anything enforced would have to be phased in however, as they couldnt just say" hey you must all get new unis this year even if you just bought some!"

wgrxmo.jpg

Thoughts??

Honestly? I would not be surprised. I agree that it should only be applied to junior and below. The younger kids don't need to be in low cut shorts and then barely there crop tops (which some gyms have gone to). There was a gym this weekend at ACA that had a uni similar to the one that caused the uproar earlier in this thread (was it Fierce?) and many of the parents couldn't believe that the gym had their youth teams in the equivalent of a tube top with sleeves and a low riding skirt. It should be noted though that we are in the bible belt down here, I'm sure the same uni in Florida would be status quo. There was also a lot of inappropriate dance moves and song selections by teams that makes me wonder if that will be regulated soon also. For example, a youth team dancing to "Shake Your Money Maker". Another team (also youth) had a point dancer that while very talented was one step away from the pole.
Hmm this should be broken off and made into it's own thread.

I'd like to think the industry as whole could regulate itself, but since we cant I'm okay with USASF stepping in. I dont think they should eliminate crop tops on the Sr. teams, but looking through the catalog it was nice to see so many beautiful unis without gasping and things showing that should be covered up...@cheermommaRN you should see their facebook page, more and more photos of these little girls...It's actually scary, and it worries me since we know of a couple of internet creepers who love that kind of stuff.

If it happens its because we did it to ourselves.

I think cheer should have a regulated uniform. Every other sport does it (minus, say, figure skating) But gymnastics leos are pretty similar, you never see basketball/football/baseball uniforms looking much different from one another. I think this could be good for the future of cheer.

I think if a crop top fits PROPERLY on younger girls then there is no problem. There have been very few instances where the top and skirt has been too short on mini teams and such.

EDIT: I really love the PCM uniforms in the GK catalog. They are beautifulllll

I think cheer should have a regulated uniform. Every other sport does it (minus, say, figure skating) But gymnastics leos are pretty similar, you never see basketball/football/baseball uniforms looking much different from one another. I think this could be good for the future of cheer.

Don't you think that would be quite boring? And why should all star cheerleading conform to what other sports do in order to define itself as a sport? After all Ice Skating is an olympic sport and they we're different costumes, make up, and hairstyles. I like the originality and individuality the we current have the freedom to express with our programs. What would be fun about watching the same thing over and over again?

What if it was regulated to an extent such as:
-Top can be crop or full length but cutouts can only be on the arms, shoulder or a very small portion of the upper back
(so the base of the uniform would be a normal top with some cutouts allowed but not crazy where athletes would worry about strapless/thin straps/tube tops etc.)
-Bottom can be shorts or skirt but can't be low rise (way below the belly button) and shorts must be "athletic short fit" (if the bloomers are longer than the shorts then it is not athletic fit.....)

It would allow gyms to still be creative but there would be some regulations to benfit the athletes competing as well as some uniformity across the board. Just an idea

Don't you think that would be quite boring? And why should all star cheerleading conform to what other sports do in order to define itself as a sport? After all Ice Skating is an olympic sport and they we're different costumes, make up, and hairstyles. I like the originality and individuality the we current have the freedom to express with our programs. What would be fun about watching the same thing over and over again?
Good point. I agree, but there should be some regulations as I'm sure you've seen some uniforms that were innappropriate

That's not a good definition of what defines a 'sport.' Seeing as they just took out softball and baseball, and golf hasn't been in the Olympics until this year. And personally, I don't always like to consider figure skating a sport. Difficult and artistic? Yes. Sport-like, no.

And Gymnastics has the same uniform base (a leo) and yet they have an enormous variety of uniforms to choose from. I'd hardly call them boring either..just because they don't have 50 types of cutouts, ruffles, collars/no collars, etc. doesn't mean they aren't gorgeous.

It could even be something like: Your uniform must be this standard top. You can have whatever type of design, whatever type of neckline, and whatever fabric designs you want. All creativity on this base length is yours. It just must be this long and may not have cutouts or extra straps or ruffles or bows or antlers, etc.

Saving crop tops for only senior aged teams is silly. How many small gyms do you know of that stuff lower level senior teams with youth aged athletes? Now if crop tops were only for Worlds teams, IMO that would be the only way to police it "fairly".

Latest posts

Back