All-Star New Uniforms 2011-2012

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

That's not a good definition of what defines a 'sport.' Seeing as they just took out softball and baseball, and golf hasn't been in the Olympics until this year. And personally, I don't always like to consider figure skating a sport. Difficult and artistic? Yes. Sport-like, no.

And Gymnastics has the same uniform base (a leo) and yet they have an enormous variety of uniforms to choose from. I'd hardly call them boring either..just because they don't have 50 types of cutouts, ruffles, collars/no collars, etc. doesn't mean they aren't gorgeous.

It could even be something like: Your uniform must be this standard top. You can have whatever type of design, whatever type of neckline, and whatever fabric designs you want. All creativity on this base length is yours. It just must be this long and may not have cutouts or extra straps or ruffles or bows or antlers, etc.

lollllll imagine stunting with antlers?

It could even be something like: Your uniform must be this standard top. You can have whatever type of design, whatever type of neckline, and whatever fabric designs you want. All creativity on this base length is yours. It just must be this long and may not have cutouts or extra straps or ruffles or bows or antlers, etc.

the problem with making people have a specific length though is growth people grow every year and most people i know keep the same uniform for the whole 2-3 year cycle their gym keeps it for so having a specific length would never work as they would still appear shorter or longer on some girls its like the whole shorts to fingertips rule in high school its a good idea i just dont know how it would ever work

the problem with making people have a specific length though is growth people grow every year and most people i know keep the same uniform for the whole 2-3 year cycle their gym keeps it for so having a specific length would never work as they would still appear shorter or longer on some girls its like the whole shorts to fingertips rule in high school its a good idea i just dont know how it would ever work
They could use the "No Butts Allowed to Be Shown" Rule.

We actually have a rule in Sweden, that only senior teams can wear crop tops. Judges are also very strict about length of shorts for youth and juniors. I think it's good!

I think the main problem is the base length for tops and skirts/ shorts. Lets say it has to be a certain length, give or take for growth purposes, but you can do whatever you want to it. You have long sleeves, short sleeves, v neck line, crazy cutouts, whatever. I mean, I feel like cutouts aren't the problem, it's just something that some people like while others don't. If anything, I think people should be talking about the length of shorts. Forget the length of tops because that really hasn't been THAT much of a problem like this has. If your uniform shorts are shorter and tighter than your nike pros, there is a problem.

I think the main problem is the base length for tops and skirts/ shorts. Lets say it has to be a certain length, give or take for growth purposes, but you can do whatever you want to it. You have long sleeves, short sleeves, v neck line, crazy cutouts, whatever. I mean, I feel like cutouts aren't the problem, it's just something that some people like while others don't. If anything, I think people should be talking about the length of shorts. Forget the length of tops because that really hasn't been THAT much of a problem like this has. If your uniform shorts are shorter and tighter than your nike pros, there is a problem.
Yeah, I do feel like shorts are more of the problem. Let's face it- girls are in skin tight shorts bumpin and shakin'...can't imagine that's good for our image. Especially when those shorts are teeny-tiny. Although for crop tops, maybe insisting that all tops be, I dunno, 4 inches from the armpit, even if they grow a bit they still might not be super small by the time they get new ones. On average, I don't think crop tops are a HUGE deal (although I wouldn't say no to them being for seniors only, even though YES, a 10 year old might be on the team, at least there's an initiative to say 'Hey, we're doing our part to keep this family friendly')..but a bit more regulation into fit and length might not be awful.

Yeah, I do feel like shorts are more of the problem. Let's face it- girls are in skin tight shorts bumpin and shakin'...can't imagine that's good for our image. Especially when those shorts are teeny-tiny. Although for crop tops, maybe insisting that all tops be, I dunno, 4 inches from the armpit, even if they grow a bit they still might not be super small by the time they get new ones. On average, I don't think crop tops are a HUGE deal (although I wouldn't say no to them being for seniors only, even though YES, a 10 year old might be on the team, at least there's an initiative to say 'Hey, we're doing our part to keep this family friendly')..but a bit more regulation into fit and length might not be awful.

Sometimes I wonder if it's the shorts themselves, or if girls are ordering them in a smaller size to make themselves feel better about themselves. For example, knowing you are a medium, but ordering a small because you have something to prove to yourself. I know people like that unfortunately and it's annoying -__- I agree, some people like to think that just because little girls don't have a chest that length doesn't matter when it does.

Sometimes I wonder if it's the shorts themselves, or if girls are ordering them in a smaller size to make themselves feel better about themselves. For example, knowing you are a medium, but ordering a small because you have something to prove to yourself. I know people like that unfortunately and it's annoying -__- I agree, some people like to think that just because little girls don't have a chest that length doesn't matter when it does.
It's not just size of shorts sometimes though, it's length. If shorts don't have the length from *pardon me* crotch going outwards, it doesn't matter how big you get them, the length will still make them seem really small. My volleyball spandex (which seem similar in material and composition to some cheer shorts) START longer, but I know they will ride up. If they're shorter to begin with..they got nowhere else to go than up.

It's not just size of shorts sometimes though, it's length. If shorts don't have the length from *pardon me* crotch going outwards, it doesn't matter how big you get them, the length will still make them seem really small. My volleyball spandex (which seem similar in material and composition to some cheer shorts) START longer, but I know they will ride up. If they're shorter to begin with..they got nowhere else to go than up.

That makes sense. My nike pros are long enough, but as soon as I start tumbling they ride up so I can only imagine!

Side note question, how do I stop that? It is really annoying and I know people who own them and have no problems. Maybe I need a smaller size? Mine are slightly too big.

idk if anyone posted it already or if i did or not...... but i love our uniforms:)

12164ux.jpg

I saw these in person and they are gorgeous.

That makes sense. My nike pros are long enough, but as soon as I start tumbling they ride up so I can only imagine!

Side note question, how do I stop that? It is really annoying and I know people who own them and have no problems. Maybe I need a smaller size? Mine are slightly too big.
I've heard hairspraying the bottoms helps..

As far as the length of shorts/skirt etc. and lengths of the top I think we're over thinking it. Too many rules that are too specific make it confusing to follow for everyone. Keep it simple and clear what is expected of uniforms imo. No specific fingertip length or inches or whatever since each child has different shapes and arm/leg/finger lengths. Just have a page of basic images for what it acceptable and what is not acceptable, make it public to gyms/the cheer community and then also notify uniform companies that they should strive for these so that they can notify teams that want booty shorts or the like created that they will get deducted for them. For example:
hth213.jpg

Self explanatory image. Left is correct fit, right is unacceptable fit. If it looks more like the right image then the left, chances are it is too short on the athlete.

Latest posts

Back