All-Star New Uniforms 2011-2012

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We have had the same issues as everyone else on here! Our skirts had to all be resized and then they came back with the wrong detailing! So now we are once again having to send them back and hopefully get them in time for comp on Sunday. The real kicker was our warmups....all of the adult sizes came in looking fine, the youth ones all had the gym name across the stomach...really? Does Varsity have quality control? And if so when they looked at the adult warmup and then the youth how did they convince themselves that was the look the gym was going for? lol
and this is why our uniforms cost $300.... we have to pay for all the unis that were sent back!!!:banghead:

Oh No.....

298759_10150472489266584_325384936583_10557542_1643501904_n.jpg
http://wildallstars.com/default.aspx I think I found them!

i am bored and decided to look at this website. aside from the fact that it is chaotic and gave me a headache, there is a sketch of this uni... with a skirt. I really wish they stuck with the skirt.

"Here is our beautiful GK Elite uniform!!!
We will be getting shorts instead of the skirt and WILD will be embellished with rhinestones over the turquoise letters.
BANG!!!!!!!!!
Mini and Youth will have a full length top as an alternative for the crop.
We keep the same uniform style for 2-3 years."

oy vey.

Crappy uniform service hasn't changed in over 20 years. GK has been the best I've dealt with so far but we don't have a rep and I had to do all the fittings myself. Luckily we only had 3 uniforms not fit and it was too short sleeves. They're going to fix it but the gym has to pay for it bc it was my mistake.

@Just-a-Mom I hope they all do listen to you. I'll nominate you for a SITA award for realz.

Just watched the twinkles video, and I LOVEEEEE the uniform on the floor. It looks so cute on those girls. The "T" just looks like a line down their back really, so it doesn't bother me as much

Waaait so when you guys order uniforms someone actually comes to your gym and fits your child and you get to try on samples and stuff? That's pretty cool! I mean obviously it has its flaws since y'all are complaining about it but the few times I've been measured for unis it's been a coach or another girl with a measuring tape and they just write your measurements down and send them off to whoever is making the uniforms. I've never had the chance to try on or even see a sample uniform beforehand. When I got my first ever cheer uni my skirt was ridiculously short. In my second year of cheer I managed to swap it for a spare that was the right length but was too big at the waist so I had to take it in. My college cheer skirt was almost down at my knees when I got it three years ago! It's still a bit long but since I've grown a bit I can roll it up a little and it's not too noticeable. My college team are getting new uniforms this year, I'm not competing so I'm not ordering one, but they were measuring girls this week and luckily this time we have a few unis for them to try on because some of the girls ordered new ones over the summer. However the girls doing the measuring are struggling to know what's best and whether to maybe order this size skirt but add an extra inch to the length or whatever because no one is here to explain or give advice on what's best for that style of uniform. It would be helpful to have a rep here to provide advice.

Waaait so when you guys order uniforms someone actually comes to your gym and fits your child and you get to try on samples and stuff? That's pretty cool! I mean obviously it has its flaws since y'all are complaining about it but the few times I've been measured for unis it's been a coach or another girl with a measuring tape and they just write your measurements down and send them off to whoever is making the uniforms. I've never had the chance to try on or even see a sample uniform beforehand. When I got my first ever cheer uni my skirt was ridiculously short. In my second year of cheer I managed to swap it for a spare that was the right length but was too big at the waist so I had to take it in. My college cheer skirt was almost down at my knees when I got it three years ago! It's still a bit long but since I've grown a bit I can roll it up a little and it's not too noticeable. My college team are getting new uniforms this year, I'm not competing so I'm not ordering one, but they were measuring girls this week and luckily this time we have a few unis for them to try on because some of the girls ordered new ones over the summer. However the girls doing the measuring are struggling to know what's best and whether to maybe order this size skirt but add an extra inch to the length or whatever because no one is here to explain or give advice on what's best for that style of uniform. It would be helpful to have a rep here to provide advice.
Yeah, the companies in the UK are just not staffed and equipped like the ones in the US. I hate measuring our girls, I stress about how they'll turn out every time and we always have to take them in ourselves or send them back after the first competition for re-sizing. But then we do get our unis for £70-£150 so maybe that's why...

But then we do get our unis for £70-£150 so maybe that's why...
Our new ones are only £60 this year! Our old ones were Varsity and we just ordered them through Futurecheer but it was taking so long to get them here and we didn't feel we could ask the girls to pay the whole price so we used to take half of the cost out of club funds. Last year we had over 30 new freshers wanting uniforms and so much money had to be taken out of fundraising money for them that they decided to just get new UK based ones so they'd be cheaper and the girls could pay it all themselves.

I'm varsity rep for a region in europe. we had a course before we started on how to measure and how to pay attention on certain type of uniforms that they fit right.
we only have one box of fitting uniforms for entire europe, and as most teams tend to order in the same period all us reps always have to ask around who has the box. than also i noticed the box only has skirts, no shorts and the briefs are also only in regular fabric, except one mystic in size M.
when i was doing a fitting with my own team, it already annoyed me. but at least they offered a way to check if the sizes were correct with what i measured. another company had a measurement chart that made no sense. many kids sizes turned out bigger as the adult sizes. also two skirts from the same size were in reality not the same size so we had to do alot of last minute swaps and adjust some ourselves.

Totally agree Just-a-mom. I myself am a rep for GK. I understand that not all reps can size correctly. I guess you either have what it takes to get the right fit along with the experience of knowing what fabric they are using, what size girls you have, if their are boys involved, what fit cut you are interested in. Not everyone is cut out to be a rep, but I do know GK tries to get the fit right. There are many styles through GK and if the rep sizes you in the incorrect style then it will not fit like the one you ordered. I lay my hands on every person I do sizing for. I pull tug and roll. I make sure it fits correctly and I never have a person come tell me their size. I also dont allow the girls to tell me Im a small and listen to their word. I have had a few run the show moms and really it didnt make for a good fitting. Many parents want it loose, so that their $300 uniform will fit for a few years. As for GK we want it to fit tight and I always tell my parents that it is supposed to fit snug like a leotard and explain why. They are usually good with it. The best way is always take a few at a time. If it is a large program give them time blocks to come in. Dont have 200 kids all come in at the same time. It is the reps responsibility to communicate with the gym owner on how it is going to run. Im not a perfect rep , but I have learned my lessons and listen to the customer. So hopefully this will make your experience with GK a good one.
You know what also would be great? Honesty. My biggest pet peeve has been the date promised to be delivered. If you know you can't have the uniforms ready by X date, for God's sakes, DO NOT LIE about it. Just say, "We can't do that." I am more likely to order from you anyway than if you lie and promise me something that you cannot deliver. Right now, I can think of 2 companies I will never use again because of lying.

You know what also would be great? Honesty. My biggest pet peeve has been the date promised to be delivered. If you know you can't have the uniforms ready by X date, for God's sakes, DO NOT LIE about it. Just say, "We can't do that." I am more likely to order from you anyway than if you lie and promise me something that you cannot deliver. Right now, I can think of 2 companies I will never use again because of lying.

Yes. Customer service is about being realistic, even if it's not the best news. I feel like I've been told only what I want to hear to keep me happy, and then when it doesn't happen it's a big "oops, you must have understood wrong!" Don't tell me we will have them before the first competition if we won't, because I need to make other plans!
When we sent back over half of our tops it was going to be three weeks, exactly the time we had until the first competition. It's been five and no sign of them.

I could shimmy you 100 times.
You may have seen one of my other posts but this happened to us.
We were promised nov 2.
We still have no uniforms and we had to compete nov 12...

Now this is how we competed lol
This photo is more so a photo for the not so fierce thread with everything gone wrong like their faces, the lib, the high v and everything..
But it's like the only way you can see it fully hahah
c6e4e368-0c79-e381.jpg

Over half the girls sleeves were too short... Just a mess!! I think everyone at the competition was staring at us and one girl said to me ... Is that really your uniform??
I almost said yes because I know everyone just thought we were ghetto and couldn't afford them!

Yes. Customer service is about being realistic, even if it's not the best news. I feel like I've been told only what I want to hear to keep me happy, and then when it doesn't happen it's a big "oops, you must have understood wrong!" Don't tell me we will have them before the first competition if we won't, because I need to make other plans!
When we sent back over half of our tops it was going to be three weeks, exactly the time we had until the first competition. It's been five and no sign of them.

Email, email, email.... That is my motto when it comes to doing business with ANYBODY. Do as much correspondance via email. It has saved my tooshie on more than one occasion to be able to go back and say "No, you said this" with a copy of the email.

Email, email, email.... That is my motto when it comes to doing business with ANYBODY. Do as much correspondance via email. It has saved my tooshie on more than one occasion to be able to go back and say "No, you said this" with a copy of the email.
I would say you are mostly correct on this. However; one of the uniform companies representatives (a bigwig apparently, according to her), even when I quoted the emails I had received actually LAUGHED at me. Um yep. She sure did. And this is a very hot uniform company right now. It is sad because I really like their products and most of their staff has been excellent, but never again.

Latest posts

Back