All-Star New Uniforms 2011-2012

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I could shimmy you 100 times.
You may have seen one of my other posts but this happened to us.
We were promised nov 2.
We still have no uniforms and we had to compete nov 12...

Now this is how we competed lol
This photo is more so a photo for the not so fierce thread with everything gone wrong like their faces, the lib, the high v and everything..
But it's like the only way you can see it fully hahah
c6e4e368-0c79-e381.jpg

Over half the girls sleeves were too short... Just a mess!! I think everyone at the competition was staring at us and one girl said to me ... Is that really your uniform??
I almost said yes because I know everyone just thought we were ghetto and couldn't afford them!
Can I ask: are you a small gym or a large gym? And have you heard where your uniforms are?

Can I ask: are you a small gym or a large gym? And have you heard where your uniforms are?

I guess were small we probably have over 100 kids but were not like big.
They admitted fault that's why varsity gave everyone those tops we have on in the pic. They just said it couldn't be ready for like another week or 2. So were supposedly going to be getting them next week I'm assuming. Not that I care; we don't compete again till January!
I did hear that they were suppose to be coming by out gym at some point to see what they can do for us. I mean I'll take some money back but I'm sure that won't happen!!

I would say you are mostly correct on this. However; one of the uniform companies representatives (a bigwig apparently, according to her), even when I quoted the emails I had received actually LAUGHED at me. Um yep. She sure did. And this is a very hot uniform company right now. It is sad because I really like their products and most of their staff has been excellent, but never again.

I would have died inside...

Yeah, the companies in the UK are just not staffed and equipped like the ones in the US. I hate measuring our girls, I stress about how they'll turn out every time and we always have to take them in ourselves or send them back after the first competition for re-sizing. But then we do get our unis for £70-£150 so maybe that's why...

Our new ones are only £60 this year! Our old ones were Varsity and we just ordered them through Futurecheer but it was taking so long to get them here and we didn't feel we could ask the girls to pay the whole price so we used to take half of the cost out of club funds. Last year we had over 30 new freshers wanting uniforms and so much money had to be taken out of fundraising money for them that they decided to just get new UK based ones so they'd be cheaper and the girls could pay it all themselves.

Can I ask where you guys order your uniforms from? I'm in the middle of looking for some for my squad that don't break the bank but that look good. Also have you guys heard that Milano (they do all the pro gymnastic/trampoline leotards, Team GB etc etc) are staring a cheer range that will rival GK but be a bit cheaper!?

Can I ask where you guys order your uniforms from? I'm in the middle of looking for some for my squad that don't break the bank but that look good. Also have you guys heard that Milano (they do all the pro gymnastic/trampoline leotards, Team GB etc etc) are staring a cheer range that will rival GK but be a bit cheaper!?
We used CheerFix and they were a very decent price. They're a relitively new company but have already produced uniforms for loads of squads including Aviators. www.cheefix.co.uk They don't advertise that they do them yet, but if you email the owner, Maria, she's awesome at accomodating your designs.

Ours are GK and our coaches sized the girls with sample tops that were a different shape but same material. I think the shorts they sized the girls with were a tad shorter that the actual uniform shorts but thats ok! I think every single girl's turned out fitting really well. Maybe one or two tops were a smidge tight but overall it turned out really well!!

I would say you are mostly correct on this. However; one of the uniform companies representatives (a bigwig apparently, according to her), even when I quoted the emails I had received actually LAUGHED at me. Um yep. She sure did. And this is a very hot uniform company right now. It is sad because I really like their products and most of their staff has been excellent, but never again.

:eek: You would die if you saw the email I received from our uniform rep. My husband said the only reason a business would communicate like that is because they clearly believe they are a monopoly. And don't even get me started on what the "big wig" said to me. Interesting the desire that uniform reps have to communicate their big wiggedness to you. Me, I am thinking "dumb a$$edness.":D Like it even really matters in the real world.

:eek: You would die if you saw the email I received from our uniform rep. My husband said the only reason a business would communicate like that is because they clearly believe they are a monopoly. And don't even get me started on what the "big wig" said to me. Interesting the desire that uniform reps have to communicate their big wiggedness to you. Me, I am thinking "dumb a$$edness.":D Like it even really matters in the real world.
AHHH AHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!! people in my office are looking at me crazy; I am laughing so hard at the dumb a$$edness statement... You crack me up! So thank you for making my day. However, your husband is right. They have us all under a barrel. I mean, you put half down, then what?? I mean really, does any gym have the extra money to put half down somewhere else until you can fight it out in court to get your money back from the first company??? It's depressing.

At our gym there are parent volunteers who handle all things uniforms, they receive samples in the same material and shape of the uniform tops and skirts/shorts in every size from YXS to A4XL for the children to try on and the same thing is done for our practice wear. There are several uniform dates that are advertised for a mass amount of individuals. The volunteers are very knowledgeable about the fit and what can be taken off where. The parents are given a form to fill out with the deposit after their child has been fitted and the rep has given the ok on the fit of the uniform. I must say the uniform fitting was very organized at Twisters and I dont believe our GK rep has ever been involved when we do our fittings. Now last year wwe did have some problems but I think they were pretty minor most people were able to swap for the correct size and the fact that we always have people joing after the season has started I believe they order extra uniforms in different sizes to accomodate new children.

I think I'm in the minority but I actually prefer Varsity over GK. I'm one of the lucky ones that seems to have an amazing Varsity rep. GK on the other hand I have tried to order from 4 times in the past year and a half and have been given the run around and then just plain ignored. The area rep clearly did not think our business was worth her time. I finally just gave up and gave even more business to varsity.

You know what also would be great? Honesty. My biggest pet peeve has been the date promised to be delivered. If you know you can't have the uniforms ready by X date, for God's sakes, DO NOT LIE about it. Just say, "We can't do that." I am more likely to order from you anyway than if you lie and promise me something that you cannot deliver. Right now, I can think of 2 companies I will never use again because of lying.
I agree with you. I know every company has it's problems with production time. It is the hardest thing to have to tell people when their ship date is when it isnt what they want to hear. Ive had to tell numerious gyms along with my own that they were not going to receive them in time for a competition. I understand that the quicker you know about not having them in time the quicker you can come up with plan B. Along with making the parents understand the reasons why. Sometimes the rep isnt always lying, but this is the information they have at the time. I have also had to tell people that we cannot do it in that amount of time and unfortunatly sometimes I have lost a customer.

@icecheermom:
Had the same problem with my daughter's uniform a few years back. Try putting empty water bottles in the sleeves while the uniform is wet (while drip drying). It was the only way my daughter could get her hand and her arm in the sleeve.

@icecheermom:
Had the same problem with my daughter's uniform a few years back. Try putting empty water bottles in the sleeves while the uniform is wet (while drip drying). It was the only way my daughter could get her hand and her arm in the sleeve.
Will do! Thanks for the advice :)

Joelle is a Varsity Rep. I'm sure World Cup get's the premiere of premiere service from Varsity.
I think its more the size of the account. How many accounts come close to the numbers that world cup has? Probably only a handful in the country. You want to keep your best customers happy. (WC, CEA, Cheer Ath, etc). Especially now that large teams have switched to GK (TG, Cali, etc).

I'm not trying to spark a debate about unfair treatment but that is how the corporate world is ran. When one of your 3 biggest clients comes to you with an issue or a large order, it gets the most attention.

FYI-
After me complaining earlier. We got our tops ... I'll be posting a pic tonight....:) probably like 9:50pm central time for anyone who wants to see!! Just saying!

Back