All-Star New Uniforms 2011-2012

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

217789_1987284479399_1161915004_32426338_2378103_n.jpg
gauni.png

Old vs. New. Looks like there's a little less on the skirt and some swapped colors/more white. Aside from the obvious bling (;

My thoughts on the GA uniform....

When I think of Georgia All Stars; I think of Grease, Weddings, Flight Attendants, Doctors and Nurses (I would say I'm showing my age, but I can say I "saw it on YouTube"). I liked the collared uniform when they debuted in 06-07, thought it was cute with the music, and I was fine with the reinterpreted version of it post-Rays.

However seeing this new uniform debut yesterday, I had mixed feelings. When I heard they were having new ones I was so excited to what was going to be "next" for a program with such a renowned history in uniforms. When I saw a picture of the uniform in Nashville yesterday & shared it with some friends, one mom said: That's the new one they just paid for?! It looks like the old one that their daughter outgrew and then the team mom bedazzled it a little." A little severe, but her opinion.

I would have liked a full top or a crop top versus the awkward 2" of exposed midriff. So I'm not displeased with the current design, seeing as how I was fine with the previous design, I was just expecting more change or something new altogether versus modifications. So people saying it "Wouldn't be GA without the collar" kind of irk me. I don't associate GA with a collared uniform. When looking at the history of their program, them and collars haven't "been together" that long. But if GA has chosen to make the collar, their "thing", then so be it. Nothing that can be done about it now. It looks good on the floor, as did the previous one. I guess I'll just start looking forward to the next new one. :)

I really like ASR's uniform! I like the full top with the open back, it's different! The Top Gun kidlet is adorable but I still can't get on board with tiny and mini wearing that little clothing...but I'm not from Miami (never even been to FL) and tend to be on the conservative side. My cp's uni is about as showy as I will let her get...heck our gym filled in the shoulder cutouts on the Youth and Junior uni because they felt the kids were to young for them!
The FCA uni confuses me...are two of them purple and two blue? One girl in blue is wearing a purple bow so I don't know if it's just the lighting or they are two different colors.

It was the bow throwing me off...I like the new ones over the old ones but agree with the poster that was wondering what the old one would look like with rhinestones (did that make sense? lol)

Back