All-Star New Uniforms 2014-2015 Season...just Because You Can, Doesn't Mean You Should!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Love it or hate that's everyone's personal choice and that's totally ok. However it's a bit much to be overly concerned about undergarments for a uniform that you'll never wear.

I do get what you're saying - believe me, I do. I don't like when parents criticize our costume choices, especially when it's for dances their kid isn't even in... So I definitely hear you.

But I think this is a little short sighted considering what gym we are discussing here. Every uniform you guys put out, we see 10 copies the following season. The fact is, people do idolize wc, and do copy everything they do. So I don't think our concern is misplaced, considering the likelihood of us seeing these on other kids.

I do get what you're saying - believe me, I do. I don't like when parents criticize our costume choices, especially when it's for dances their kid isn't even in... So I definitely hear you.

But I think this is a little short sighted considering what gym we are discussing here. Every uniform you guys put out, we see 10 copies the following season. The fact is, people do idolize wc, and do copy everything they do. So I don't think our concern is misplaced, considering the likelihood of us seeing these on other kids.
I was just coming here to post that, thank you. Do we not remember how many gyms copied that Stars uni from years back?

I'm not even a particularly gifted girl- like the quintessential middle child, I am once again the average size. (Middles unite!) But even I don't try to do any type of athletic activity without proper support. It hurts, plain and simple. And I'm just running/minor jumping. No tumbling, twisting, throwing, etc. Chill out at the beach, chill out with friends at a BBQ, but don't chill out on health. You've got one body, and surgery ain't cheap.

Or, how 'bout instead - beautifully designed uniforms/costumes/leos that accommodate appropriate undergarments? I really don't get what the obsession is with showing skin where a bra would normally be. What's the point?
I have always wondered why these companies do not make practical bras to go with all the crazy uniform designs! They could make so much $$!
I feel like we go through this every single year when the new uniforms start being posted. The uniform companies do not care. The designers do not care. And it seems like the gym owners do not care either or we would not be :deadhorse:. If at some point a big name gym with a very large yearly uniform order would just put their foot down and set the precedent, maybe then we would see a change. But until then, the bra brigade will just be viewed as making their annual campaign and these poor girls will continue to suffer.

I feel like we go through this every single year when the new uniforms start being posted. The uniform companies do not care. The designers do not care. And it seems like the gym owners do not care either or we would not be :deadhorse:. If at some point a big name gym with a very large yearly uniform order would just put their foot down and set the precedent, maybe then we would see a change. But until then, the bra brigade will just be viewed as making their annual campaign and these poor girls will continue to suffer.

i started it :oops: sorry y'all. i even said maybe 2 hours prior that i was just going to be quiet this season because it wasn't going away. but then the coach made it seem like "who cares" and i got angry because someone needs to care. cheerleading takes enough of a toll on the rest of the body; we don't need to be stretching/tearing the cooper's ligaments, too.

i started it :oops: sorry y'all. i even said maybe 2 hours prior that i was just going to be quiet this season because it wasn't going away. but then the coach made it seem like "who cares" and i got angry because someone needs to care. cheerleading takes enough of a toll on the rest of the body; we don't need to be stretching/tearing the cooper's ligaments, too.
No blame on you! This is just an issue that I can't come to terms with being acceptable on an ongoing basis. We want cheer to be a sport but we want our female athletes to wear a strip of cloth held up by a bandaid as a top. It makes no sense!

I think someone should explore this. Like starting the business off by setting up at competitions and taking girl's skin tones and doing custom orders. Like do you know how much money you could make by cornering the market of dissatisfied consumers fed up with the current options available. Not that its all about making money but you know it's just an added bonus ;)
Rebel already did that for BABS Worlds unis in 2013. Each girl had a custom dye cast mixed for her.

Do you work for GK?

I honestly don't mean to be rude, but this suggestion is just stupid. That bra doesn't even begin to offer the support needed for...anyone who needs support. Including the girl modelling the bra in the link.

No, I do not. I am only in high school. And also I didn't think about that, I was just offering some suggestions. I know my teammate who was rather gifted was able to wear the bra, but that might not be the case for all of the girls. Sorry if anybody misunderstood me!

Each girl? Are you positive? Because 98% of them did not match their skin tone whatsoever

there was definitely only a "white girl" color and a "black girl" color, which matched none of the girls properly. there was at least one really tan girl in a black girl mesh which looked equally as crazy (well actually, i guess she could have been another ethnicity, but either way there was no color for her as well as quite a few other girls.)

No, I do not. I am only in high school. And also I didn't think about that, I was just offering some suggestions. I know my teammate who was rather gifted was able to wear the bra, but that might not be the case for all of the girls. Sorry if anybody misunderstood me!
Now I feel bad. I'm sorry for coming down so hard on you.

Back