All-Star New Uniforms 2014-2015 Season...just Because You Can, Doesn't Mean You Should!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The weather girl skirt looks like a normal length skirt...? It looks a little low cut on the front but I think she just has a long (and incredible toned) torso. The cut in the back is normal so it makes me think it will hit right on most people. Also the girl modeling is gorgeous.

B21GEyyCIAACf_e.jpg
The lace design is gorgeous but the sleeves and the rest of the top look like 2 completely different uniforms/costumes/dresses to wear at a club.

This is like a big thread full of disappointment

Really though, when did gyms get so bad at designing/approving uniforms? I feel like with previous years, I like the majority of the uniforms but now I'm struggling to find uniforms that I even somewhat like. I don't understand the trend of getting new uniforms every year let alone 3 uniforms in one season, it's very unnecessary and the uniforms these teams are getting look cheap and poorly made (not all of them, but some). These big name gyms that usually always have perfect uniforms are some of the worst i've seen this year and I just don't get it. I feel like nobody really cares about what their uniforms look like because who cares, they're getting new ones in a couple of months. I can't wait to see the day where a gym is going to get new uniforms for every competition. (please no)

I mean, just go to the wiki and look at previous seasons' new uniforms. Yes, while they may not be people now consider good uniforms, the athletes are covered up, no extremely weird cut outs, no weird mesh, no over-bedazzling, and I can find several uniforms that I love. I maybe like 2 from this thread.

*steps off of soap box*

These do not seem very "Spirit Elite" to me. Do you know if there was there a change in ownership?

Sort of. Their old director left and opened Cheer St Louis. New director and new coaches are at SE now. Guess they want to start off fresh. I believe that only one cheerleader (could be a couple more) stayed at SE, so it wasn't like most people would be upset that they only used their previous uniform for one season. I think they only have 2 squads now (senior 5 and mini 1) unlike 13 squads in the past.

Sort of. Their old director left and opened Cheer St Louis. New director and new coaches are at SE now. Guess they want to start off fresh. I believe that only one cheerleader (could be a couple more) stayed at SE, so it wasn't like most people would be upset that they only used their previous uniform for one season. I think they only have 2 squads now (senior 5 and mini 1) unlike 13 squads in the past.
Senior 5 and mini 1..... Interesting

Really though, when did gyms get so bad at designing/approving uniforms? I feel like with previous years, I like the majority of the uniforms but now I'm struggling to find uniforms that I even somewhat like. I don't understand the trend of getting new uniforms every year let alone 3 uniforms in one season, it's very unnecessary and the uniforms these teams are getting look cheap and poorly made (not all of them, but some). These big name gyms that usually always have perfect uniforms are some of the worst i've seen this year and I just don't get it. I feel like nobody really cares about what their uniforms look like because who cares, they're getting new ones in a couple of months. I can't wait to see the day where a gym is going to get new uniforms for every competition. (please no)

I mean, just go to the wiki and look at previous seasons' new uniforms. Yes, while they may not be people now consider good uniforms, the athletes are covered up, no extremely weird cut outs, no weird mesh, no over-bedazzling, and I can find several uniforms that I love. I maybe like 2 from this thread.

*steps off of soap box*
I think gyms are trying to go outside the box and come up with something new, at least the big gyms. Big gyms have been pushing the envelope for years, for example Maryland Twisters with GK uniforms, Cheer Athletics with sublimated uniforms, Cheer Athletics with skorts, Top Gun with shoe-covers and so on. All of those got veeery mixed reviews at first, but later on became "iconic".

It just seems that uniforms get more customized each year - people want to stand out. Previous years gyms went with in-stock uniforms or designs they knew were safe.

I agree with you on getting new uniforms so often, I don't like that trend.

*steps off of soap box*
I hope those same gyms don't complain when outsiders accuse them of dressing kids like strippers.

Seems like the trend this year is the gym logo cutout and outlined on the back , I like it! I remember when a couple teams had it but never thought it would catch on as a trend...

Ohio Valleys uniform is gorgeous !

Back