All-Star New Uniforms 2014-2015 Season...just Because You Can, Doesn't Mean You Should!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

All bras are not created equal (but I definitely have good sports bras that would work with this so you're right, for this uniform you could find a good sports bra). For those of us who are gifted, a regular bra isn't going to cut it and we need a good quality sports bra not a little flimsy clear strap one that people keep claiming works with backless unis!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are definitely correct. You can get a good sports bra to go with this uni, but I have seen some this season that left me shaking my head. A clear back bra is never going to be adequate above a B cup, and i have seen several uniforms that require one.
My biggest pet peeve this season has been personal though. The one shoulder bra DESIGNED BY THE UNIFORM COMPANY for CP's uniform shows through the mesh under the arm, and not by a little. They told us to purchase white, as the neckline is white, and a good 3 inches of white bra shows under the black mesh under her arm. I ended up buying 3 more before we decided just to go with one we already owned. It has two straps, but lines up perfectly and cannot be seen. The gym asked for one shoulder, but it will have to be good enough.

You can place a ton of the blame for skorts on me. We were debating shorts/skirts one year and I asked why you couldn't get the benefits of both by just combining them. You would have the athletic (typically more flattering) fit of shorts in the back with the look/coverage of the skirt in front. You also get the side benefit of forcing the "skirt" part to stay down in front without having to adjust it multiple times during the routine. After jumps or body positions, the skirt pops right back down where it is supposed to be automatically.

The uniform companies initially said it wasn't possible to make them like that, but obviously they figured it out. We absolutely love them and likely won't change any time soon.

See, they ARE like the mullet - business in the front and party in the back! LOL!

This came across my Instagram feed. It's from a tiny NC gym called Cheer Dynamics:

Front:
bBAHM4O.jpg

Back:
2XdA9wC.jpg

Uhh.. nice colors? :eek: Otherwise super cool stomach mesh, random cut-outs, and pointless straps. I think we have a trifecta!

This came across my Instagram feed. It's from a tiny NC gym called Cheer Dynamics:

Front:
bBAHM4O.jpg

Back:
2XdA9wC.jpg

Uhh.. nice colors? :eek: Otherwise super cool stomach mesh, random cut-outs, and pointless straps. I think we have a trifecta!
For some odd reason that I can't understand, I actually think the front is really cute. It's probably because a lot of dance costumes for younger girls are like this so I'm used to seeing it but the back is a no-go for me.

No worries... But that kind of proves my point. The thin racer back bra from Target is not going to be sufficient for many athletes.
Just throwing this out there, Gilly Hicks makes a really nice thin strap racer back bra that works well under sports bras! Not sure if they still have them (they have very few stores, so shop online) but I recommend them! Also their strapless bra is great too!

Reactions: JMW
I concede that you can probably find "A bra" to go with this uniform. But I have higher standards than that. As the mom of a gifted CP who likes to wear a regular bra UNDER her sports bra for added support, I'd like for the athletes to be able to wear the bra OF THEIR CHOICE.
A gifted former teammate of mine got a new uniform this season with an open back and she usually does the same as your CP...so what she did was duct tape her chest so she could wear the open back uni :/ girls should not have to do that

A gifted former teammate of mine got a new uniform this season with an open back and she usually does the same as your CP...so what she did was duct tape her chest so she could wear the open back uni :/ girls should not have to do that

I hope she uses some pre-wrap first because that sounds painful coming off.

That should never have to happen to start though. Unless you have an all male team, the uniform needs to be able to be worn with either a racer back or a traditional style sports bra that is able to provide appropriate support.

Back