All-Star New Uniforms 2014-2015 Season...just Because You Can, Doesn't Mean You Should!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think what I don't like about some of these full tops is the fact they they are making them like leotards that the skirt sits over. I don't like tops being tucked in to the skirt.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

The reason i like this and that they are a body suit or leo, is coaches dont have to worry about their kids pulling their tops back down. Ultimatly you cannot tell its tucked in on the floor, but with a normal full top when someones top rides up your eyes focus on their stomach, distracting veiwers and judges from maintaining focus on arm motions. I think about it like if you were to drive on a straight sceninc road and all the sudden you see a huge red stop sign. It makes you stop and look at it.

I think what I don't like about some of these full tops is the fact they they are making them like leotards that the skirt sits over. I don't like tops being tucked in to the skirt.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
u5e2any6.jpg
you see stomachs/back sides from 9 of 18 girls on this team.

This is probably a huge part of why we are doing a Leo this year and although I get what you are saying for how it looks up close you would never be able to tell on the floor.
I'm so happy about it!

Eta: yes we also notice the short skirts that should be addressed this year as well. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I first saw the Leo option when I was looking at gk online, I haven't seen it in action but it's a good idea....I don't know how it looks or how comfortable it is but still a good idea :)

Sorry I don't want to poke the "full top guideline" dragon or sound whiny or anything but I have religeous beliefs that guideline "modesty" and that includes covering shoulders (like no tank tops), one piece or tankini swimsuits, and shorts/skirts/dresses that go to the knees, and no midriff. Some people choose to have dxceptions when it comes to uniforms or like for a specific activity but besides all that jazz....
It takes a while to get the whole, full tops (my experience being swimsuits) right. When you have a set idea in your head about what the item is supposed to look like but with new guidelines they don't look like that, it takes a while before designers and people get a feel for what looks good :) Don't expect any of the full tops to look as good as their crop top siblings for a couple of years, it's new and they need to have designs that aren't trying to look exactly like crop tops because they aren't going to look the same because weither you have fabric or mesh it's not going to look exactly like a crop top :)

Sorry I don't want to poke the "full top guideline" dragon or sound whiny or anything but I have religeous beliefs that guideline "modesty" and that includes covering shoulders (like no tank tops), one piece or tankini swimsuits, and shorts/skirts/dresses that go to the knees, and no midriff. Some people choose to have dxceptions when it comes to uniforms or like for a specific activity but besides all that jazz....
It takes a while to get the whole, full tops (my experience being swimsuits) right. When you have a set idea in your head about what the item is supposed to look like but with new guidelines they don't look like that, it takes a while before designers and people get a feel for what looks good :) Don't expect any of the full tops to look as good as their crop top siblings for a couple of years, it's new and they need to have designs that aren't trying to look exactly like crop tops because they aren't going to look the same because weither you have fabric or mesh it's not going to look exactly like a crop top :)

The thing is many gyms do use full tops already so designer should be ok with desinging full tops. Heck where im from what I know only 2 team this year had junior age or younger in a crop the rest were full top and most were very pretty

The thing is many gyms do use full tops already so designer should be ok with desinging full tops. Heck where im from what I know only 2 team this year had junior age or younger in a crop the rest were full top and most were very pretty
Thank you! I was trying to think of a nice way to say this.

Thank you! I was trying to think of a nice way to say this.

No worries It bugs me when people think that full top will not be cute or be right. Gyms have had the option for years to be full top or crop and there are some really nice full top designs. I have had both crop and full top. I like my crop as it fitted right and even though im not stick it looked flattering. Once my full top fit it will look really nice and simple

As long as the top fit correctly I think we will have some amazing uniforms this year!

Back