All-Star New Uniforms 2014-2015 Season...just Because You Can, Doesn't Mean You Should!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Speaking of collegiate uniforms, I would like your opinions on this: some Boarders have mentioned that they would like to see Allstar cheer uniforms take on a more athletic look. Check out the video below. It's Acro/tumbling. The girls seemed comfortable, never pulled on their shorts, we're able to stunt/tumble/jump and danced well. Would something like this work for Allstar? Why? or Why not? What would you change to make it work? Or is it just a big "No"?

If I'm not mistaken, Baylor's uniforms are the exact same style numbers from Adidas as the new ones we went with for the team I coach, but we added a skirt over the shorts. University, not allstar, but I can't say enough good things about these vs. what I used to compete in. Great to be able to compete in something that's so close to what they all chose as practice wear. Never any tugging at uniforms, skirts stay down, no accidental bits showing... Love them.

xatjpw.jpg

Speaking of collegiate uniforms, I would like your opinions on this: some Boarders have mentioned that they would like to see Allstar cheer uniforms take on a more athletic look. Check out the video below. It's Acro/tumbling. The girls seemed comfortable, never pulled on their shorts, we're able to stunt/tumble/jump and danced well. Would something like this work for Allstar? Why? or Why not? What would you change to make it work? Or is it just a big "No"?

It's because the shorts fit properly. Lots of all-star teams wear shorts and theirs don't stay in place. We have to fix that.

If I'm not mistaken, Baylor's uniforms are the exact same style numbers from Adidas as the new ones we went with for the team I coach, but we added a skirt over the shorts. University, not allstar, but I can't say enough good things about these vs. what I used to compete in. Great to be able to compete in something that's so close to what they all chose as practice wear. Never any tugging at uniforms, skirts stay down, no accidental bits showing... Love them.

xatjpw.jpg
damn u of t, these are awesome

Speaking of collegiate uniforms, I would like your opinions on this: some Boarders have mentioned that they would like to see Allstar cheer uniforms take on a more athletic look. Check out the video below. It's Acro/tumbling. The girls seemed comfortable, never pulled on their shorts, we're able to stunt/tumble/jump and danced well. Would something like this work for Allstar? Why? or Why not? What would you change to make it work? Or is it just a big "No!"

So I may be in the minority here, but I find these uniforms to be completely boring. They are perfect for A&T, but for cheerleading, especial All Star they are super boring. Part of All Star cheer is the presentation - the flash, the sass, hair/make up, and bling. I happen to love that part of it! I don't want all of that flash to overshadow the amazing athleticism and performance value, but it is part of All Star cheer so I would expect the uniforms to reflect that and not look like volleyball uniforms. Of course, the uniforms this year have been crazy - over the top - insane, and that has to change. Some guidelines/rules would be a good thing, but if you take away my (reasonably placed) bling I will cry!

For me, it would take some getting used to, and if a changeover happened, it would necessitate all teams making the switch at the same time.
Everyone has their personal preference. Putting two teams on the floor - one blinged, one not - ends up placing one or the other at a disadvantage in the judges eyes, based on the individual judge's preference.

So I may be in the minority here, but I find these uniforms to be completely boring. They are perfect for A&T, but for cheerleading, especial All Star they are super boring. Part of All Star cheer is the presentation - the flash, the sass, hair/make up, and bling. I happen to love that part of it! I don't want all of that flash to overshadow the amazing athleticism and performance value, but it is part of All Star cheer so I would expect the uniforms to reflect that and not look like volleyball uniforms. Of course, the uniforms this year have been crazy - over the top - insane, and that has to change. Some guidelines/rules would be a good thing, but if you take away my (reasonably placed) bling I will cry!

I've already said it a few pages ago: I wish we had those uniforms (with choice of v-neck or crew and choice of skort/skirt/short; no cutouts allowed), and then the gyms can design whatever they want on them. There are a couple of uniforms out there that are basically like that - for example CheerTyme and Brandon (and the Brandon ones are beautiful while still having the bling). This would give female athletes the possibility to actually wear supportive bras. It would cover kids and get rid of the dreaded mesh. Especially with the sublimation technique your design possibilities are endless. I think we would still see a couple of hideous uniforms, but at least the kids would be covered.

And when you think about it: male uniforms are basically already like that. They usually wear a full top - no mesh or cutouts with either crew neck or v-neck and then long pants. Why can't we demand the same for female uniforms?

xatjpw.jpg
What kind of material is this? It looks like the same thing my orchestra dress is made out of and that makes noises whenever you walk and it wouldn't be comfortable to compete in at all. Is it just the look of it or is that the actually material?

What kind of material is this? It looks like the same thing my orchestra dress is made out of and that makes noises whenever you walk and it wouldn't be comfortable to compete in at all. Is it just the look of it or is that the actually material?

It's just a shiny dri-fit. Little more slick than Nike pro material, but definitely not crinkly, or annoying. Super stretchy and comfortable.

GK - Cheer
Under Armour Sideline Cheer is Here!!!

Browse the catalog before it hits your mailbox

Check out the catalog here:
ISSUU - 2015 Under Armour Sideline Cheer Catalog by GK Elite Sportswear

CLEAN and ATHLETIC! Love it. I am a HUGE UA fan, their work out gear is great. I bet these uniforms would be so comfortable.

so awesome! I want one to just hang out in! they look so comfortable. I wish all star gyms would take a more collegiate looking approach and actually use these styles. a classic full top is so much more beautiful than those meshy, sparkly monstrosities.

so awesome! I want one to just hang out in! they look so comfortable. I wish all star gyms would take a more collegiate looking approach and actually use these styles. a classic full top is so much more beautiful than those meshy, sparkly monstrosities.
I would probably wear one of those tops around of house or like, sleep in it.

Back