All-Star New Uniforms 2016-2017 Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The lack of green on Steel and Apple's uniform makes it even less Stingray... I really like Apple's, but I want that gap in the back to be filled in.

ETA: With 3 of 4 uniforms already revealed, that leaves Orange as the one with the clean blue sleeve:
x6d4dj.jpg

So this sneak peak from before could either be Orange's or the programme-wide uniform:
awdsbb.jpg

My bet would be on the latter...

Goodbye classic Stingray uniforms...
2eyw0pf.jpg

I think I just need some time to process these changes...

Last edited:
I could honestly die tomorrow and I wouldn't mind because Apples uniform is the most beautiful thing to grace my eyes.

Last edited:
The lack of green on Steel and Apple's uniform makes it even less Stingray... I really like Apple's, but I want that gap in the back to be filled in.

ETA: With 3 of 4 uniforms already revealed, that leaves Orange as the one with the clean blue sleeve:
x6d4dj.jpg

So this sneak peak from before could either be Orange's or the programme-wide uniform:
awdsbb.jpg

My bet would be on the latter...

Goodbye classic Stingray uniforms...
2eyw0pf.jpg

I think I just need some time to process these changes...
That bottom one, large close up, is Marietta non world's.

Let's be honest, no kid wants to be the only one wearing Lauren and Chanel when everyone else is wearing Versace and Jacobs. They aren't what I expected but, I do think they're beautiful and love the way all of the designs are brought together with the Stingray tail at the neckline. Those of us in the bra brigade, will continue to mourn the loss of the sports bra friendly but, here's hoping the fashion pendulum will eventually swing back in our favor.

I dont know really what to feel about the rays unis.. I Do like stingrays but they are far from my favorite gym (i dont really hate any gym..) ut one thing that i have always loved about rays is their unis.. and now they got rid of them.. I like the apple one so far but the others i dont really like. But hey may grow on me later. (i shouldnt be part of the bra brigade since my favorite gym is Top Gun but i am)

I like Steel's uniform, and Apples I can't really find anything redeeming about Peach.

I'm all for like a change up with style or whatever, I just am slightly shocked because it's like they didn't ease into it.

But I suppose that's also how you make a statement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If that back cut-out did not exist, I would be thrilled with Apple's uniform.

I'm just having a hard time grasping how a gym who doesn't allow their athletes to practice in sports bras only jumped to making them compete in uniforms sans real sports bras. Contrary to popular belief, you can design beautiful, on-trend uniforms and still allow your athletes to wear proper athletic undergarments.

If that back cut-out did not exist, I would be thrilled with Apple's uniform.

I'm just having a hard time grasping how a gym who doesn't allow their athletes to practice in sports bras only jumped to making them compete in uniforms sans real sports bras. Contrary to popular belief, you can design beautiful, on-trend uniforms and still allow your athletes to wear proper athletic undergarments.

I don't disagree with you at all but, I do believe the cut outs and straps are what are giving all star uniforms an edgier look versus a classic. If you enclose the cutouts I would be thrilled as a part of the bra brigade but, again, I think it would then appear Ralph Lauren in a currently Versace arena. I don't think anyone would disagree beautiful designs can be made that are sports bra friendly but, the current "on trend" that you speak of, is clearly shouting edgier fashion over classic function with the majority of the all star designs.

Apple's uniform is cute and should be bra friendly enough.
How?? what bra will not show through that back cutout, because I am not coming up with one. The lower band is too low and too thin. Unless they have custom designed bras that go with these uniforms I don't see how bras are going under most of Rays new uniforms, and i agree with the above poster who said its out of character for rays to go this way.

I agree with the fact that they are pretty uniforms, and I realize that everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon of the latest trends to stay relevant, but you can do cute and trendy and still allow for proper undergarments. I love the idea of strappy bras that a meant to show through the cutouts for instance. You can do both, but more and more gyms are choosing not to.

How?? what bra will not show through that back cutout, because I am not coming up with one. The lower band is too low and too thin. Unless they have custom designed bras that go with these uniforms I don't see how bras are going under most of Rays new uniforms, and i agree with the above poster who said its out of character for rays to go this way.

I agree with the fact that they are pretty uniforms, and I realize that everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon of the latest trends to stay relevant, but you can do cute and trendy and still allow for proper undergarments. I love the idea of strappy bras that a meant to show through the cutouts for instance. You can do both, but more and more gyms are choosing not to.

The lower band is enough to cover a custom bra---I'm no expert in this category, but I saw a few from last season that seem like they would work with the uniform.

I don't disagree with your second paragraph---I wish people weren't jumping to the latest trends because it all trickles down.

The lower band is enough to cover a custom bra---I'm no expert in this category, but I saw a few from last season that seem like they would work with the uniform.

I don't disagree with your second paragraph---I wish people weren't jumping to the latest trends because it all trickles down.
It would have to be a custom one, that's my point. No off the shelf bra will work with that. If they are providing that, great. If not, this uni is far from bra friendly.

Back