All-Star New Uniforms 2016-2017 Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It would have to be a custom one, that's my point. No off the shelf bra will work with that. If they are providing that, great. If not, this uni is far from bra friendly.
I'm with you, the lower band looks too thin. Custom or not, anything with a band that thin is too flimsy to secure and support anything. I have a yoga "bra" with a band that thin and it's next to useless. Basically pasties with a strap.

It would have to be a custom one, that's my point. No off the shelf bra will work with that. If they are providing that, great. If not, this uni is far from bra friendly.
We even had to get custom sports bras for the program uniforms the last 2 seasons. The neck was an odd width. They ordered them for us, we paid.

Just because a custom bra is required for the uniform does not mean the uniform is not bra friendly. It just means it's not your typical sports bra friendly. Dancers and gymnasts get custom bras to wear with their costume or leotards and they can be just as supportive as the ones you buy at sporting good stores or Target.

You can wear a regular bra and a non-racer back sports bra with the Steel uniform btw. Maybe not some of the other ones but definitely Steel's.

Just because a custom bra is required for the uniform does not mean the uniform is not bra friendly. It just means it's not your typical sports bra friendly. Dancers and gymnasts get custom bras to wear with their costume or leotards and they can be just as supportive as the ones you buy at sporting good stores or Target.

You can wear a regular bra and a non-racer back sports bra with the Steel uniform btw. Maybe not some of the other ones but definitely Steel's.
Nope, dance bras are WORTHLESS. I danced for 20 years, CP is on her tenth. Anything with a clear back offers zero support because the clear back strap rapidly stretches. We have yet to find a really good one that lasts more than one performance without needing to replace the back strap. Her sports bras show under her leos for class and no one cares.

If a custom bra is required but not offered, as in you have to go figure this out on your own, I don't consider that bra friendly. Offering a supportive bra that is custom made as part of the uniform is fine in my book.

We even had to get custom sports bras for the program uniforms the last 2 seasons. The neck was an odd width. They ordered them for us, we paid.
Nope, dance bras are WORTHLESS. I danced for 20 years, CP is on her tenth. Anything with a clear back offers zero support because the clear back strap rapidly stretches. We have yet to find a really good one that lasts more than one performance without needing to replace the back strap. Her sports bras show under her leos for class and no one cares.

If a custom bra is required but not offered, as in you have to go figure this out on your own, I don't consider that bra friendly. Offering a supportive bra that is custom made as part of the uniform is fine in my book.
I believe @RandomCheerMom has a CP at Stingrays and, as quoted above, she mentions that a custom sports bra were ordered for them for their previous uniform... I'd like to think Stingrays would also extend these same services to athletes who will wear these new uniforms and thus, in your books, making the uniform bra-friendly (sort of).

I understand that some women require more support, one can only hope these custom sports bras provide enough support for the more gifted athletes.

Orange's uniform should be revealed today... kinda nervous. Also, Electric will not be getting new uniforms this season and Rust will only be revealing theirs later in the season.

I believe @RandomCheerMom has a CP at Stingrays and, as quoted above, she mentions that a custom sports bra were ordered for them for their previous uniform... I'd like to think Stingrays would also extend these same services to athletes who will wear these new uniforms and thus, in your books, making the uniform bra-friendly (sort of).

I understand that some women require more support, one can only hope these custom sports bras provide enough support for the more gifted athletes.

Orange's uniform should be revealed today... kinda nervous. Also, Electric will not be getting new uniforms this season and Rust will only be revealing theirs later in the season.
Glad to hear that. I didn't realize she was affiliated with Rays. I really do think that the Rays uniforms are great looking, and if they are accommodating their athletes with custom bras, I don't really mind the cutouts. They aren't excessive and don't detract from the uniforms.

I obviously agree that a bra with no back isn't supportive or is even a bra....

Anyways, I'd like to see a trend of gyms designing uniforms around the bra, not a bra around the uniform. Seems like the obvious solution here @gym-owners-everywhere.

(I'd also argue that there's not much research or innovation on the bra front to begin with and that is an issue by itself. I'm sure, if there was someone determined enough to take on the bra issue, they could come up with multiple ways to make sports bras more supportive through plastics, wires, new fabrics, etc. Most sports bras are just fabric sewn in different ways. I'm not even a size C and most sports bras aren't as supportive for medium physical activity as I'd like them to be. To add to this, most sports bras are created for the smaller chested person and then just sized up for the rest of the women - as if all breasts are the same and size up porportionally for everyone.... But that this realization hasn't happened yet because the world doesn't care about womens' bodies in the way they should. But this is neither here nor there.)

Stingray Allstars - Orange
v3ipuh.jpg

2m66ceu.jpg

I don't know what to say... I'll just remain silent.

Last edited:
Glad to hear that. I didn't realize she was affiliated with Rays. I really do think that the Rays uniforms are great looking, and if they are accommodating their athletes with custom bras, I don't really mind the cutouts. They aren't excessive and don't detract from the uniforms.
My cp isnt doing Allstars this year, but we were at Rays the last 3 seasons. She will fill in if they need her somewhere, it was just too much starting high school, sideline cheer, comp cheer and Allstars. But, the bras they got them were nude colored dance bras. Thin straps. Cotton. No padding, wires, shape, etc. it was no show and worked for mine bc she's a miniature thing.

I was worried about Orange once I saw the Peach uniform..I'm just so torn. By no means are these ugly, horrible uniforms. But when you think of Rays, you think of classic, athletic, clean. Whether it's their uniforms or their routines and these uniforms don't make me think of any of those things. I liked that they kept the uniforms cohesive before and now they're all over the place besides all sharing the arrow on the neckline. Even though the uniforms in the past were simple, that's almost what made them stand out. Now, peach looks like many others with the cutouts, apples neckline is one of the most overused, steel reminds me of a cross between coed elites chevron uniform and cheetahs back of their current uniforms , and orange looks like Pittsburgh Supermodels with a choker added.

I want to reiterate that these are all nice uniforms, but just not what you expect from Rays. Change is a good thing sometimes but why fix what wasn't broken? Also, hate to be this person, but where is the green?? I know electric was black and blue with some silver but since they were the only international Rays team it made them unique while the uniform itself still looked cohesive to the other worlds teams.

Eta: speaking of green, just saw this pop up on Twitter and I would have liked it much more with the green. I understand the use of orange, obviously, but I'm missing the green on the new unis
b3b41c5c063a34aab975661f78487c59.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

I was worried about Orange once I saw the Peach uniform..I'm just so torn. By no means are these ugly, horrible uniforms. But when you think of Rays, you think of classic, athletic, clean. Whether it's their uniforms or their routines and these uniforms don't make me think of any of those things. I liked that they kept the uniforms cohesive before and now they're all over the place besides all sharing the arrow on the neckline. Even though the uniforms in the past were simple, that's almost what made them stand out. Now, peach looks like many others with the cutouts, apples neckline is one of the most overused, steel reminds me of a cross between coed elites chevron uniform and cheetahs back of their current uniforms , and orange looks like Pittsburgh Supermodels with a choker added.

I want to reiterate that these are all nice uniforms, but just not what you expect from Rays. Change is a good thing sometimes but why fix what wasn't broken? Also, hate to be this person, but where is the green?? I know electric was black and blue with some silver but since they were the only international Rays team it made them unique while the uniform itself still looked cohesive to the other worlds teams.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
Year 15 there brought A LOT of changes. Edited to add- not bad, just different.

Back